- A Senior IBM Mainframe Programmer Analyst with more than 20 years of professional experience using COBOL, DB2 and CICS under z/OS and MVS.
- Dependable and hard - working professional with extensive experience in programming and analysis.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Managed and supervised development teams.
- Able to contribute to a project team at all points in the system life cycle.
- Extensive experience in mainframe software and tools and Web knowledge.
HARDWARE: IBM mainframe, PC, S/34
SOFTWARE: VSAM, DB2, IMS, DL/I, Stored Procedure, FTP/NDM, VISIO, z/OS, MVS/XA, DOS, Ms Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SMTPMAIL, Finalist
LANGUAGE: COBOL, CICS, SDF, JCL, MQ, XML, HTML, Easytrieve, RPG II, CLIST
TOOL: Changeman, Syncsort, IBM debugger, INTERTEST, TSO/ISPF, SDSF, SPUFI, QMF, SQLDBX, Data Expert, BMC, Fileaid, Panvalet, GDDM, AFP, IBM Utilities, SP Builder, Platinum, OPCExpediter, JOBTRAC, HP Quality Center, Team Track, Citrix, Lotus note, IBM Data Studio, Endevor.
- Modify Confidential Operational DataStore system and downstream jobs as part of Peoplesoft transition upgrade project
- Migrating two existing oracle databases into one consolidated database hosted by Aon Hewitt
- Implementing consolidated HR organization Hierarchy, expanding some key fields
- Upgrade Finalist from Version 7.8 to Version 8.0
- Fine tune existing production codes to improve the performance, provided production support for two months after the successful implementation
- Application include DB2 COBOL JCL VSAM Stored Procedure and utilized Platinum and IBM Data Studio, SPUFI, QMF, Fileaid, Abendaid as testing tools
- Designed and implemented the Risk concentration and Tripwire reporting system that reduced the firm’s litigation costs and associated risk
- Engineered the Holding Cross and Opportunity Management admin tool that allows entitled users to manage their risk theme, threshold and opportunity
- Created the HCR system that allows Confidential and branch manager to view account holdings and summary statistics such as total realized/unrealized gain & loss, total costs, and tax lots for each asset allocation and hierarchy structure level
- Enhanced and improved the RCAP (Relationship Client Account & Prospect) system to allow Confidential and branch manager to better maintain relationships with clients and prospects
- Enhanced and redesigned the Book Query system to utilize COBOL DB2 dynamic SQL multi-rows fetching with scrollable cursor method to return information to front-end for Java Web-based services
- Emergency and production support for QA and Production regions
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Refined the Performance Reporting System by implementing the Dollar-weighted and Time-weighted Rate of Return, which provided Confidential a useful tool to evaluate the performance of their accounts
- Managed to enroll 4 million accounts within 6 month period into the Performance System, which helped the company successfully retain clients.
- This application won the Business Excellence in 2006
- Utilized Script, GDDM and SDF to redesign the Quarterly Performance Report program and save the company 4 million dollars each year
- Created the Indecomm system that allows Financial Advisors to upload and backdate performance data from an outside vendor
- Provided API interface to web-based service through DB2 stored procedure and CICS COBOL
- Automated the monthly update of accrued dividend/interest of foreign securities and real time cash/security activity
Assistant Vice President
- Converted the marketing functions from Boss 2000 to Boss 3000 system using CICS, COBOL, DB2, HTML, MQ, VSAM and ICAF platform
- Supervised team of 4 programmers to develop Leads Upload system for contact manager, which allowed branch managers to upload leads from .csx or .dat comma delimiters file to DB2 database and allowed branch managers to merge leads to mailing
- Designed the batch and online Management Quarterly Performance Report system, which provided investment management clients with an array of up-to-date account information. Clients benefited by being more informed about the fees they were being charged and about the performance of their account
- Developed the Fixed Income display and request system for Confidential and managers so they can produce future income reports
- Lead a team of 4 programmers to construct, test and implement a system to allow Financial Advisors to display account monthly income on a yearly schedule
- Reduced report overhead by 50% by implementing new system that queried larger amounts of performance history
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Improved the Investment Advisory Consulting Billing System and Portfolio Management System to manage investment accounts based on customer’s portfolio and performance data gathered from RIMS
- Utilized CICS, VSAM, COBOL, DB2 Dynamic SQL techniques to generate reports in real time