A highly experienced IT Systems / Operations Professional who has demonstrated the ability to support complex system and operations requirements for numerous Confidential 500 clients. Heavily experienced with supporting mainframe disaster recovery test exercises at the largest vendor supported disaster recovery hotsite in the US. Enhanced, refined, and customized system start - up processes for individual client requirements. Thrived in a highly complex and dynamic IT environment that was fast-paced and very client focused. Proven ability to consistently provide quality service to clients by combining broad range of experience and strong work ethic. Demonstrated ability to produce in very challenging and difficult situations with supporting clients experiencing real disaster events.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Mainframe Disaster Recovery Testing
- Problem Resolution
- Mainframe Configuration and Operations
- Backup & Recovery Products
- Provide Mainframe Configuration Management Support to smoothly integrate new accounts through flawless execution and support Changes, Upgrades, and/or Growth.
- Assigned to a Mainframe Configuration Pool consisting of several technicians to ensure workload balance, increase productivity and flexibility within and across the team.
- Primary tasks included scheduling and implementing hardware configuration changes to IGA and to Customer accounts.
- Assumed as account focals/tech rolls attending weekly meetings, performing peer reviews and updating and maintaining documentation.
- Responsible for performing mainframe hardware configuration using HCD, HMC and Sysplex Timing Protocol (STP) setup, Coupling Facilities, removal of discontinued equipment and adding storage, weights, crypto CP’s and/or specialty engines such as zIIP’s/zAAP’s.
- Familiarized myself with tools such as Confidential Chpid Mapping Tool, HMC, Tivoli TSRM & Maximo, and Enterprise Physical Connectivity Tool.
- Lead and drive projects and assignments to enhance processes such as New Dasd, Tape Systems, LPAR/CPU moves/upgrades.
- Participated, involved, and maintained a large scale migration to FICON.
- Received kudos/satisfaction from management and/or by customers when a project is completed successful.
- Become a role model, a team player cross and assisting my colleagues to become successful as well as contributing to the team.
- Participated and Supported IGA and Customer Disaster Recovery.
Senior Recovery Specialist
- Promoted to Senior Recovery Specialist in 2008 for being a vital part in the overall success and support to the Operations Team.
- Earned numerous APEX s from customers (for outstanding service provided)
- Accountable for working directly with customers and providing leadership, operational support and/or assistance as required during their test and/or disaster event.
- Prepared the Hardware and Floor System of the Computer Recovery Center for Confidential 1000 Customers. Build the customer’s hardware configuration using HCD and customized software requirements to better meet the individual customer requirements.
- Performed Storage Configurations for EMC, Confidential and Hitachi DASD based upon unique customer requirements.
- Provided expertise, accountability and responsiveness with system-related troubleshooting; resulting in numerous nominations from customers regarding Service Excellence and Satisfaction.
- Strengthened recovery procedures and processes with selected customers by creating / enhancing their technical recovery scripts.
- Responsible for reviewing test plans, maintaining documentation for testing activities, and ensuring availability and integrity of Confidential provided equipment.
- Interfaced with vendors on client’s behalf to support hardware failures and other issues requiring vendor support.
- Assisted and Implemented validation testing with hardware and/or software upgrades prior to rolling out to customers.
- Provided for new Operations staff members to acquire the proper skills and knowledge.
- Provided Applications support in the recovery of clients’ reports from a multi-system environment.
- Several methods used to recover these reports from Power offloads, Unix recreates, paper, or file transmissions.
- Verify report dates, transmission times, location and report disposition from their respected systems.
- Accountable for processing, monitoring and supporting the day to day activities of the Operations Datacenter.
- Administered and coordinated the processing of all production and test job schedules.
- Responsible for the printing of over 40,000 Payroll and A/P checks for the company.
- Provided problem resolution for job abends / job failures and coordinated with other functional units when required to resolved issues.
- Demonstrated a systematic approach in achieving and establishing job priorities, improved efficiencies and utilized maximum system resources.