- Around 9+ years of rich experience in design & development of computer software
- Applications using IBM Mainframe and implementation using COBOL, JCL, VSAM, DB2, PL1, IMS, TSO/ISPF and CICS.
- Along with my broad experience with the software development life cycle, I am also experienced with stakeholder management and ensuring that project goals and business outcomes are delivered in an effective and timely manner.
- My particular strengths lie in being a fast learner, pro - active, sociable and organized.
- Key involvement in Mainframe development(COBOL/DB2) and testing, setting up the testing processes, Preparation of test plans and test reports, doing reviews, defect prevention, handling maintenance monthly & quarterly releases successfully and other quality related work.
- Customer facing onsite exposure in US and Italy for insurance/banking projects.
- Received customer appreciation.
Designing, Development, implementation and enhancements of:Insurance Domain, Finance Domain, Banking Domain
Skills: TSO/ISPF, MVS, JCL, VSAM, COBOL, CICS, DB2, PL1, IMS, XML, XSLT, UNIX, MS-DOS, WINDOWS 98.
Tools: Micro focus COBOL, XML SPY, Quality Center, File-AID, Abend-AID, Endeavor, TWS, Changeman, CA7, SOA-tester, Desktop Tester
Rational Tools: Clear Case, Clear Quest, and Rational Requisite pro
- Analysis, design & coding of COBOL/DB2 & COBOL/IMS programs
- Unit testing of the modified programs
- Creation of Technical specs & Daily client call to discuss the status of the work
- Assign the work among the team and get time to time work status from the team
- Technical and functional knowledge transfer to the new team members & Review of deliverables
Technologies Used: Cobol, B2, IMS, TSO, ISPF, ENDEVOR, SPUFI.
- Create design, coding and unit test deliverables for the project.
- Resolve defects in testing phase and provide support for test and deployment activities.
- Participate in High-Level Design sessions with client SMEs for clarifications during Analysis and Design and Build phases.
- Review of deliverables created by Confidential Offshore Developers within the Client Project.
- Involve in ensuring that the enhancements to the existing IT system work as expected by the Business.
Technologies Used: COBOL, DB2(SQL), VSAM, JCL, Endevor, CA7
Subject Matter Expert
- Understanding functional & technical KT in detail
- Keeping track of all the KT activities for DOF application
- Analysis, Coding, Testing, Review and Documentation of all the tasks assigned by client
- Creation of HLD & LLD, Involved in executing the test cases in Unit region & in QA
- Major involvements in the KT to new resources
- Meet SLA’s for all the requests assigned to me.
- Daily status report to onshore
- Point of contact of all functional & technical issues in the Project
Technologies Used: - COBOL, VSAM, JCL, DB2, PL1, IMS, SQL, Quality Center, Endeavor, TWS, CA7, QMF, SPUFI
Subject Matter Expert
- Analysis, design, build and unit testing of the COBOL program impacted, Labeling of the program as per the release date
- Involved in mapping of the COBOL programs with XSLT used during the translation of XML to AL3 & AL3 to XML.
- Major involvement in Release day activity Testing in production region & monitors & handles the abends if any.
- Key involvement in the Regression testing phase used to be carried out during each release in mainframe.
- A very good exposure to basic insurance term such as a Policy, Policy life cycle, Underwriter, terms of the policy etc.
Technologies Used: COBOL, VSAM, DB2, IMS, SQL, XSLT, XML, Endevor and Quality Center.
- Preparation of Low Level Design based on the data file created.
- Modification of COBOL code to get compiled on UNIX environment.
- Modification of the Auto System flow based on the change requests
- Creation of the JCS (JOB CONTROL STRUCTURE), analyzing the SNUMBS in bull mainframe. This JCS is the job that executes the COBOL programs in UNIX region.
- Creation of Auto System specifications for job submission in Assembly Testing.
- Worked on the File Management Systems for the files that are used in the execution of jobs in UNIX region.
- Involved in executing the test cases in Rational Test Manager.
- Created Entry/Exit criteria for the testing phases - Unit Testing.
Technologies Used: Cobol, JCL, Rational Clear case, Rational Clear Quest, Rational Req pro
- Testing for the enhancement and developments.
- Understanding the system spec and preparing DOU, Low Level Test outline and Low Level test plan, logging the defects in Test Director and tracking through the same.
- Coordination with the clients and the offshore team, Status calls with client.
- Day to day management, daily status reporting to onshore regression team lead.
- Defined and suggest the solutions to the defects found.
Technologies Used: COBOL, DB2, JCL, VSAM, ISPF, TSO, Quality center