- Focused COBOL Developer offering over thirty years of experience in the Confidential mainframe COBOL environment.
- Adept at all phases of the system development lifecycle from planning through post - implementation monitoring.
- COBOL, Pacbase
- IMS, DB2, SQL
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Visio
- COBOL Programmer
- Programmer Analyst
- Pacbase Developer
- Applications System Analyst
- Project Designer
- Project Leader
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCEMainframe Developer,
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Designed and coded new online screens and batch programs in COBOL using DB2.
Confidential Minneapolis, MN
- Researched system code to identify necessary COBOL changes to fix production issues.
Project Leader, Designer
- Implemented new product enhancements in the Claims system for Life Insurance, Annuities, and Health Insurance.
- Mentored new team members in Pacbase and Confidentialsystems that interfaced with the insurance systems; reviewed COBOL code for junior team members.
- 50% of time hands-on doing mainframe development using COBOL, CICS and DB2.
- Used systems knowledge and expertise to design, develop, plan and coordinate activities to drive business results.
- Mentored junior team members in COBOL; reviewed their code.
- 60% of time hands-on doing mainframe development using COBOL, CICS and DB2.
Application Systems Analyst
- Used analytical and problem-solving skills to identify potential systems issues.
- Researched and recommended software and system choices to meet business requirements.
- Reviewed COBOL code with junior team members during code walkthroughs.
- 70% of time hands-on doing mainframe development using COBOL, CICS and JCL.
- Used the Pacbase Tool Suite with its data repository to generate structured COBOL CICS programs to move the business from batch data entry to online, real time data entry.
- 80% of time hands-on doing mainframe development using COBOL and CICS.
- Defined, coded and tested enhancements (written in COBOL) to support business requirements for new products in the IRA financial products market.
- 90% of time hands-on doing mainframe development using COBOL and JCL.
- Designed and coded COBOL program modules on MVS mainframe to support the conversion of the IDS s System from Basic Assembler Language to COBOL.
- 95% of time hands-on doing mainframe development using COBOL and JCL.