Results - driven developer with broad experience in mainframe, server systems, languages and business applications. Extensive systems operation programming, planning and upgrade history ranging from hands-on programming to project leader.
Platforms: IBM Mainframe Z/OS, Windows XP, Windows NT
Languages: COBOL, CICS, SQL, DYL280, UFO
RDBMS: IBM DB2, IMS/DB, VSAM
Development Tools: TSO/ISPF, JCL, CA-7, CA-11, File-AID, XPEDITER, FTP, Syncsort, DASD
Defect Tracking Tools: Abend-Aid
PC / Server Software: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, Visio, IBM Lotus Notes
Confidential, Strongsville, OH
Senior Analyst / Programmer
- Provided expertise and programming for decommissioning of the Mainframe by extracting financial data to provide files for financial inquires and future audits.
- Created numerous financial and human resources extracts as a member of the data migration team on the Mainframe to SAP conversion team.
- Created a simulated batch close process to give the Finance group the ability to audit the journal vouchers entered into the system during the month-end financial close.
- Utilized multiple techniques to shorten the nightly batch Mainframe processing cycle by more than two hours.
- Created process to extract, stratify, and summarize financial data to be loaded into EXCEL to report functional costs.
- Lead the development team that created the automated process to extract/format data for the outsourcing of the financial back office functions. Utilized mainframe and server platforms to deliver the data to the landing zone server at specific time periods.
- Developed the method to evidence IT compliance to corporate systems change control policies and procedures.
- Developed many of the components for the restructure of the General Ledger Chart-of-accounts.
- These include developing feeds for the creation of the financial Data Warehouse, a summary level ledger, and flexible batch schedules utilizing CA-7.
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
Senior Systems Consultant
- Provided mainframe / server consulting support to clients with large, multi-system requirements.
- Contracts included major project in support of Confidential Akron, OH.
- Operating environment consisted of an IBM mainframe, utilizing CICS plus VSAM and DB2 data structures.
Confidential, North Canton, OH
Senior Programmer / Analyst
- Operating environment consisted of an IBM mainframe and server network, utilizing CICS plus VSAM and DB2 data structures.
Sr. Programmer / Analyst
Confidential, Akron, OH
- Operating environment consisted of an IBM mainframe with the MVS/XA operating system, utilizing CICS and VSAM data structures.