- A highly accomplished and knowledgeable Mainframe Software Developer with extensive knowledge designing and maintaining IT applications to improve business productivity and efficiency; seeking a position as Software Developer, System Analyst, or Programmer/analyst to utilize my skills and proficiency in any recognized organization.
- Dedicated professional driven, patient, and focused on quality and reliability.
- In - depth knowledge of software programming and development.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience with Legacy System Integration.
- Good production support skills.
- Goal-oriented and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to communicate effectively both oral and written.
- Ability to work well with a team; providing and seeking guidance as appropriate.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- US Citizen.
- COBOL, IDMS, JCL, TSO/ISPF
- ADSO, MAPC, OLQ, DMLO, ADSA
- EASYTRIEVE, CULPRIT, SPUFI-SQL
- CICS, VSAM, FILEAID, FILEMANAGER, FTP
- ENDEVOR, PANVALET
- Developed and Maintained batch processes base on user's work requests.
- Developed new reports to support weekly and monthly operations using COBOL and VSAM files.
- Developed new online screens to add, update, and inquiry Provider detail information using COBOL, MAPR, and CICS using VSAM files.
- Reviewed Developer’s code of online and batch program to verify quality standards base on IBM’s checklist.
- Participated as a Tester of Online Screens to report code failure and defects.
- Prepare One time jobs to initially load and prepare test data into the UIT, SIT, and UAT regions
- Reviewed JCL, PROC, and SYSIN cards through the development regions: UIT, SIT, and UAT.
- Developed reports paths to send customer’s electronic reports to the specific Server location.
- Participated as QA analyst on migration of components through the development regions: UIT, SIT, and UAT using Endeavor’s tools.
Software Developer Sr.
- Worked closely with end users to gather requirements to add new functionality to the application.
- Write program specifications to develop new Online and Batch processes.
- Created innovative and logical solutions to solve complex problems.
- Improved performance of batch processes to comply with schedules times windows.
- Developed new batch processes to support School's admin Year Cycle.
- Developed online screens to in corporate new functionality to the application.
- Maintained online screens to support user's work requests.
- Maintenance of Inbound/Outbound feeds to support changes to the Web Scoring Application.
- Developed reports to support user's work request.
- Provided on-call support to solve Daily, Weekly, or Monthly production problems.
- Helped and support IT consultants with application functionality.
- Maintained Batch and Online programs to support daily business request using ADSO, COBOL/IDMS, JCL, and TSO.
- Developed reports base on Daily Business Request using COBOL, EASYTRIEVE, & IDMS.
Sr. Mainframe Programmer/Analyst
- Gathered requirements from Customer to design and document the new feeds process.
- Planned and designed new batch processes to send and receive data from the Web application.
- Identified database changes to add new elements to the Mainframe Application.
- Detailed program specifications for junior programmers to develop new feeds.
- Designed Unit and Integration testing plans to comply with the customer requirements.
- Implementation of new Inbound/Outbound feeds.
- Planned, designed, and coding of initial load process to provide historical data to the web application.
- Changed Online screens to add new feeds functionality using ADSO, MAPC, & IDD.
- Changed Batch programs to in corporate new feeds data using COBOL/IDMS.
- Development of ADHOC reports to support new feeds information using COBOL, EASYTRIEVE, & IDMS.
- Maintained Batch and Online programs to support daily business request using ADSO, COBOL/IDMS, JCL, & TSO.
QA Mainframe Tester
- Modified online programs to apply user-request changes before the conversion process.
- Provided on-call support to the Criminal Applications (PRGAV, JAIL, CAPS).
- Modified online programs to add new DB2 libraries and parameters to comply with internal reader JCL procedures.
- Changed online programs to scratch paging to comply with DB2 conversion tools.
- Planned, designed, and executed test scripts for online programs.
- Documented and analyzed defects discovered during parallel and regression testing using Mercury Test Director.
- Produced reports to verify test results using SPUFI for DB2 and OLQ for IDMS.
- Production Support to maintain online (CICS/DB2) and batch (COBOL/DB2) programs.