- Senior mainframe application developer with 4 years of hands on experience in mainframe development with COBOL, CICS, DB2, VSAM, JCL and other IBM tools and utilities.
- Experienced in requirement gathering, analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, integration deployment, documentation and maintenance of IBM Mainframe applications.
- Extensive experience with involvement in all stages of project life cycle with complete SDLC knowledge.
- Domain expertise in the financial and banking sector with IBM mainframe application programming.
- Excellent working knowledge in core application design, development, testing and implementation support.
- Developed applications dealing with MQs, CICS webservices, DB2 stored procedures, online CICS tools, IBM testing and debugging tools.
- Resourceful, innovative and flexbile software engineer with professional experience in large scale software design and development in financial domain.
- Proficient in coding, testing, debugging, implementation and enhancement of both online and batch mainframes applications.
- Extensive knowledge in banking concepts and products.
- Specialised in working with IBM mainframe application programming on large scale database
- Good communication and team building skills on diverse business settings and experienced in handling different roles including technical point of contact, platform SME and lead programmer
- Hands on experience with Z/OS, ISPF, COBOL, DB2, CICS, MQ Series, JCL, VSAM, SYNCSORT, Easytrieve, File Aid, Xpeditor, Endevor, BMC, DB2, IBM Utilities and CA - 7
- Primary experience in developing application in banking domain for Confidential , the leading UK provider of corporate banking services, involved in projects of varying sizes in development, enhancement and implementation support.
- Experience in working with systems handling trillions of transactions everyday and supported by database with hundreds of terabytes of data
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently in different phases of development and providing knowledge transfer sessions within the team and platform.
Operating Systems: Z/OS, Windows, MS DOS
Software Products: MVS, COBOL, IBM MQ Series, SQL, JCL, Ezytreive, REXX, CICS, CA-7, TSO / ISPF, IBM Utilities
Tools: / Technologies:VSAM, ISPF, IDCAMS, ICETOOL, DFSORT, SPUFI, File AID for DB2, File AID, Endevor, Xpeditor, BMC, JMR, INFOMAN.
Domain Expertise: Banking Applications
Financial Domain: Retail Banking & Cards, Transaction Banking, Accounting & Reports, Banking Security
Senior Systems Engineer
- Mentored a team of 5 Junior programmers as a tech analyst by providing technical expertise
- Scheduled sessions to transfer knowledge to the rest of the team as a technical point of contact
- Worked on the high level design for the replication of the existing system into the client bank
- Tracked the progress of the team and also played the role of configuration controller and recorded the defects into internal defect prevention system called IPM+
- Worked on the development of COBOL modules and JCLs to perform SORT and MERGE functions
- Provided guidance in the testing phase by reviewing the test script documents and the batch testing using xpeditor
- Reviewed the code deliverables and helped resolve coding and design issues
- Analysed the functional specifications and created the low level design and the supporting documents
- Made changes to the mapsets using SDF2 utility and the corresponding program interacting with the map
- Used VSAM and JCL to run batch programs and setup the data files and coded the changes using COBOL and CICS online programming
- Tested the modules using Test harness tool and online Xpeditor and recorded the results
- Involved in the implementation support for the project at the client location and live guarantee support
Senior Programmer, Platform SME
- Performed impact analysis on the existing system functioning to find the best way to implement the changes
- Created low level design documents and coded the changes using CICS online programming
- Made changes to the screens and mapsets using SDF2 tool
- Tested and debugged the modules using online Xpeditor testing and recorded the test results
- Created the system test script documents ad the tracability matrix to track the changes
- Provided the CTE documents for the system testing purpose to the central testing team
- Created high Level and Low Level design documents toenhance the existing MTA functionality using Confidential
- Co-ordinated with the client leads as a single point of contact in implementing the Confidential functionality
- Coded the changes using COBOL and CICS online programming and used SDF2 to view screens
- Used VSAM on files and SQL & SPUFI to tables to get the required error and warning messages to be displayed on the screens
- Analysed the impact on other BAU functionalities and recorded the regression test results for all test scenarios
- Ran a independent unit testing and created the system test screipts with all the possible scenarios of accout creation by MTA customers
- Tracked the changes according to the functional specs (FS) documents by creating the tracability matrix
- Created the implementation packages and change management request CMR using the change management tool INFOMAN
- Prepared the SOE or the schedule of events for implementation and briefed it to the technical panel accross different platforms
- Provided implementation and live warranty support by monitoring the joblogs using job management resource (JMR)
- Designed low level document for two main modules package enquiry and basic details amend to implement the changes to the Packaged account review
- Single point of contact for package enquiry module by designing and coding the changes for 5 new online modules and other changes to the mapset screens
- Used COBOL and CICS online programming and also websphere MQs to converse between different programs for the transfer of data
- Documented unit testing results by running the test scripts and recorded the screen shots
- Performed system testing independently and created the CTE documents
- Created CMRs in INFOMAN to create packages for successful implementation of the modules and helped with the schedule of events documentation
- Provided implementation support at the client location by monitoring the JMR and CA7 and live guarantee support for the 2 consecutive weeks
- Mentored junior developers in the module of account closure functionality
- Designed batch programs and DB2cards to close accounts by changing appropriate flags in the customer tables and their consecutive separation
- Programmed COBOL codes and created modules to perform the account closure functionality to transfer accounts to the buyer bank side
- Created test JCLs using DFSORT , ICETOOL and used VSAM for data mining from the databases for the purpose of testing
- Debugged and tested regression cases of existing modules to reduce impact on the BAU functionalities
- Documented the regression analysis by performing tests for the modules in different systems and by comparing the results using PDM compare and comparing PDS files
- Run SQLs on the tables to get the data for the separating accounts
- Prepared test results documents and the system test scripts for the integration testing at the buyer environment
- Created the Central testing environment (CTE) document with the required components like cobol programs, JCLs, include members, DB2 cards and Datacards for the central team
- Monitored the joblogs in (JMR) joblog management and retrieval during system testing to check for job abends and the checkpoint outputs by following the batch flow in CA7
- Mentored a team of 3 to provide knowledge transfer on online testing using test harness program for the webservices
- Analysed the existing module and created low level design documents to implement the notice account changes
- Build the enhancement module using CICS webservices and COBOL programming
- Used DB2 and catalog manager to mine data from the existing tables and files for testing purposes
- Debugged the changes and tested them to record the outcomes into test result documents
- Mentored the junior developers and provided knowledge transfer on endevor and Xpeditor testing
- Created the low level design to implement the desired conditional bonus feature to the interest engine system
- Enhanced the existing code using COBOL programming and JCL for creation of test jobs
- Tested and debugged the changes using Xpeditor test harness program and recorded the results into proper documents
- Created low level design documents to enhance the existing Confidential white system for Ulster bank within the Confidential group
- Programmed the changes using batch COBOL coding and created insert and backout SQLs
- Created test jobs using JCL and setup the PNC and other required input files using VSAM
- Tested the results through batch testing using the Xpeditor tool with the help of the test JCL
- Recorded the test outcomes into the required documents for the next level of testing
- Analysed the High level design documents sent by business to implement the required changes to the existing multi sales channels system
- Created low level design documents for 9 modules to implement the required changes using CICS webservices
- Coded the modules using channels and containers to get and put containers for large data transfers
- Tested the changes by monitoring the validation and fault containers using test harness module by simulating the function
- Integrated the modules to test theproper flow of data within the channel using CICS webservices
- Documented the unit testing and integration testing results
- Analysed the existing modules on screen security to minimise the impact of the change
- Documented the analysis finding and created the low level design based on the business requirements
- Coded the changes into two online modules using COBOL and CICS webservices to make the program interact with other existing programs for data transfer
- Created the test version of the program in endevor to continue with diferent stages of testing
- Tested and debugged the changes using the Xpeditor online testing
- Created documents to record the testing results before sending it for system testing