- Excellent IT professional with an extensive background in Healthcare, Government and Financial industries.
- Governmental work has included: Social Security Administration, Internal Revenue Service, Confidential.
- Healthcare assignments have been in large systems environments
- Provided customization and support for Health Quest based systems and other ancillary applications.
- Throughout career, provided creative, functional and technical solutions in both development and systems environments for over 20 years.
- Provide expert advice on technical capabilities and limitations, developments, and other matters related to mainframe vendor software.
- Implement strategy and development, including systems and application development, and legacy systems integration.
- Performs project management regarding all technical aspects of implementing projects/major release upgrades and deliverables for complex systems.
- Testing systems for functionality, accuracy and design.
- Quality assurance and testing software applications and writing test plans and cases.
- Display outstanding customer service skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written skills.
IT Programmer Analyst Lead
- CICS COBOL and batch programmer/analyst for Financial Management Information Systems.
- Mainframe integration, analysis and application development.
- Analyze user requirements, designs writes and maintains computer programs and systems for Budget and Finance and all its users.
- Design/develop, test and debug agency program systems. Over my 20 plus years of experience in Mainframe computing, I have worked in a multitude of capacities in which my roles as Programmer/Analyst, Systems Programmer, etc encompassed fulfillment of these duties.
- Software resources include but are not limited to CICS, Batch, TSO, Cobol, JCL, Utilities, CLists. These systems are managed by me to capture, record, report and analyze data used by internal and external clients in every aspect of human resources accountability and management.
- Coordinate and produce data files and reports on schedule.
- Determine objective of user problems by reviewing design alternatives and recommend solutions in meeting user requirements.
- Validate outputs produced by program execution.
- Create data sets for transfer to other electronic media and coordinate procedures necessary to upload or download data between PC and Mainframe.
- Users include Budget and Finance staff, Annapolis Data Center and Fiscal Management Team for Montgomery County. Over two year period established and maintain relationships with these project customers to gather information to ensure the delivery of quality products.
- Schedule and execute jobs based on agency priorities.
- Determine data structure and procedure according to state, local and Federal requirements.
- Manage projects and resources, including monitoring and inspecting costs, work, and performance of system interface in Human Resources Budget applications. Manage and resolve test and production schedules or problems.
- I have provided technical advice to managers, users, peers and consultants for over 20 years in many of my roles as Programmer/Analyst and Systems Programmer. Examples of this function are in my current position at Maryland State Government, wherein I meet almost daily with program managers individually as well as instructional settings with other technical staff and users. I discuss functional designs needed within the system, instruct on system changes and updates, and gather program input for data requirements, and report formatting. Meet with management to make recommendations on code definitions and avenues needed to process, analyze and evaluate data for application systems. Conduct briefings with management, stakeholders, and team members, to include written and verbal presentations on IT related project matters; and monitoring systems performance and troubleshooting complex problems.
- Expert knowledge of PC and printer, mainframe software, desktop and operating systems software.
- Work functions independently.
- Meet with users to discuss proper sequence of program executions to meet reporting requirements.
- Generate and maintain documentation of all applications developed.
- Produce output data files to be utilized by PC based software (Excel, Access, Rbase, etc.)
- Train other IT professionals.
- Develop complex codes and applications to fulfill functional requirements across all Confidential Federal Register functional areas.
- Use organization systems and data files for preparation and electronic transmission to the Federal Register systems. Perform customization in systems specialty areas.
- Configure and support analysis, data base design, development and testing.
- Implement and maintain Microsoft applications, fine tune applications and interfaces and conduct computer diagnostics.
- Install and maintain work stations.
- Perform testing on system upgrades and installation of new applications
- Support standard software.
- Formulate and analyze software requirements.
- Troubleshoot all systems errors.
- Primary help desk support to editorial staff in resolving technical errors, applying system definitions and electronic transmittal errors.
- Resolve technical problems using a logical and methodical approach.
- Train new programmers.
- Conduct in - house on system upgrades, application functions and revised definitions. Author of user guidelines for use by IT Programmers and Federal Register editorial staff on system use, code definitions and management reporting.
- Communicate verbally and with written instructions on system upgrades, software applications and code definitions to end users and management staff. Make recommendations for change to accommodate user needs.
- Managed the customization, support and maintenance of the CICS based health care system, its mainframe to LAN integration modules and other ancillary applications.
- Managed and upgraded Health Quest system utilized by clinicians, medical technicians, and others personnel to provided and support patient care in healthcare systems, which are national or international in scope.
- Developed, led and otherwise participated in presentations and demonstrations of system requirements, functionality and design.
- Participated in a 24x7 on-call maintenance and support rotation. The software environment utilized to perform these duties include but not limited to z/OS. COBOL II, VSAM, JCL, Abend-AID, Files-AID, TSO/ISPF, Citrix, Peregrine, Xpediter.
- Participated in technical roundtables. Made recommendations for system upgrades, applications monitoring and fine tune reporting requirements to agency heads.
- Interact with users and other contractors and explain and demonstrate technical processes.
Lead Business Programmer/Analyst
- Perform development, mainframe and enhancements of mainframe COBOL II applications.
- Involved in all phases of the system development life cycle.
- Developed program specifications and documentation of requirements and related test activities with traceability back to requirements. Facilities used include but are not limited to COBOL II, VSAM, JCL, File-AID, TSO/ISPF, etc.
- Analyzed and refined systems requirements; translated systems requirements into application prototypes; planned and designed systems architecture; wrote, debugged and maintained code; designed user interfaces; wrote and maintained program documentation; and/or evaluated new applications software technologies.
- Successfully performed under tight deadlines implementing complex system requirements.
- Performed assessments and maintenance of business software applications to ensure agency missions were accomplished timely and accurately.
Test Center Administrator
- Utilized communication skills, customer service skills, and organizational skills to administer testing to a diverse clientele.
- Administered and oversaw various electronic state licensing exams in a wide range of career fields.
- Provided to other Test Administrators on procedures, customer service skills and development of computer skills.
- Served as the key contact for troubleshooting hardware and software issues in the system environment.
- Displayed outstanding team work when allotted test recipients outnumbered testing staff.
- Provided technical support on PC software/hardware installation, printer installation and Windows Active Directory administration.
Consultant - Analyst
- Developed new programs and modified existing programs during renovation of the client’s New Claims Direct Data Entry System.
- Provided technical support and troubleshooting support to staff. Facilities used included but were not limited to COBOL II, CICS, VSAM, DB2, Telon, Expediter, TMON/CICS, Abend-AID, and more.
- Performed tasks to establish several CICS/TS test environments.
- Provided documentation to describe and train end users on definitions and recalculated systems code.
- Provide ad hoc assistance to departments on application problems.
- Participated in IT roundtables to provide system changes, recommendations, and proactive solutions to ongoing problems.
Consultant - Systems Programmer
- Installed Operating System components to establish “Y2K compliant” Testing Platform at IBM’s Gaithersburg facility.
- Migrated the Systems and Applications environment from MVS version 4.3/CICS version 2.1.2 to OS/390 /CICS version 4.1.0.
- Provided technical support to Programmers and Testers. Resolved numerous complex technical problems.
Consultant - Systems Programmer
- Directed a team of contractors from IBM, Software AG, GEAC, etc. to develop an OS/390 “y2K compliant” Operating System environment.
- Installed, customized, tuned and supported CICS version 4.1.0 and proprietary software products.
- Resolved production problems and provided technical assistance to staff.
Consultant - Lead Programmer/Analyst
- Utilized my extensive skills in a key role of reengineering the Unemployment Insurance (UI) Benefits System “DOCS” (formerly “DUCAS”).
- Designed and developed many of the major components (i.e. I/O modules, conversion program, mainframe to LAN interfaces, etc.)
- Performed maintenance tasks after migration to resolve production problems and fine tune the application.
- Provided technical assistance to staff and clients. Facilities used included but were not limited to COBOL II, CICS, Assembler, VSAM variable length database, LU6.2, Expediter, JCL, Novell and more.
- Provided desk to desk support to end users to ensure all applications are working properly.
Consultant - Programmer/Analyst
- Participated in a “Y2K conversion” project to renovate COBOL II applications, CICS and batch.
Consultant - Senior Systems Programmer
- Designed, developed and implemented software to exchange data between applications residing in the following three separate processor complexes.
- Integrated these procedures into the existing payroll system and the Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS) for booking and lockup data.
- Developed procedures to process on-demand and/or automatically at preset time intervals.
- Developed documentation, provided, performed systems maintenance and enhancement tasks.
Consultant - Systems and Applications Programmer
- Performed planning, installation and implementation of the CICS.
- Developed user documentation.
- Provided and other technical support to the client staff.