Mainframe Computer Programmer with twenty years of application programming experience in the corporate environment of a Fortune 100 company supporting the financial systems of the controllers department. During this time I have developed many projects on an individual basis, from defining the requirements, through coding, testing, and implementation. Over these years with Confidential, I performed maintenance on many different applications to meet the ever - changing business needs of the company. This has allowed me to demonstrate excellent problem solving skills, gain a superior knowledge of the environment and the technical skills required. I have also worked as a contractor with multiple companies which have allowed me to gain experience in working in different business environments, increasing my overall knowledge and flexibility to meet different business requirements
Mainframe Platform: Easytrieve, Cobol, Cics, DB2, IMS, CSP, MVS JCLTSO ISPF, Syncsort, Expediter (Cics & batch), and Librarian.
Databases and file structures to include: DB2, IMS/DB and Vsam.
Vendor Package Support: Vertex Sales and Use Tax, Mobius View Direct - programmer and administration
Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, Power Point and Access
- Assigned to Confidential.
- During this time I supported modifications (conforming to their SDLC requirements) to support their IRS Cost Basis project which included jcl and programming changes in Cobol and Easytrieve.
- Cobol, Easytrieve, JCL, TSO, SDSF, DB2 Syncsort, Debug and Changeman.
- Assigned to Confidential.
- During this time I supported modifications (conforming to their SDLC requirements) to current systems which included jcl and programming changes in Cobol, Cics and Easytrieve.
- Cobol, Easytrieve, Cics, JCL, TSO, SDSF, DB2 (Spufi & Platinum), Syncsort, Expediter (Cics & batch), Debug and Changeman.
- Databases and file structures to include DB2 and Datacom.
- During this time I developed and modified programs, created jcl and ran test batch jobs to support the testing.
- Cobol, JCL, TSO, SDSF, and Changeman.
- Extracted all reports from Mobius View Direct and loaded into Confidential ’s Vista Plus.
- Performed data extracts and conversions from the mainframe Customer Master for loading into Oracle.
- Instrumental in reviewing all systems running on the Mainframe, cleaning up and removing systems as they were shutdown and became obsolete.
- Modify a data warehouse application running on the mainframe, changing the input from multiple files in an in-house legacy system to multiple data feeds from Oracle.
- Easytrieve, Cobol, Cics, CSP, MVS JCL, TSO ISPF, DB2 SpufiExpediter (Cics & batch), and Librarian.
- Databases and file structures to include DB2 and Vsam.
Information Consultant - Computer Programmer
- Led a team of four other programmers as Team Leader for the Transportation team.
- Led a team of two other programmers as project leader for the Accounts Receivable team.
- Coordinated the work schedules, workloads, etc. for other various projects as project leader.
- I was a core team member implementing Confidential system for both the address book and sales tax areas.
- I was a core team member in the customization and installation, implementation and support of Mobius View Direct and Mobius Document Direct.
- Later became the project manager and subject matter expert in support of both products.
- Worked with a business analyst and the credit department to design the Accounts Receivable Management System.
- Once designed, then I performed all the necessary coding, testing, conversion of data and implementation of the ARMS system.
- Recognized by supervisors and managers for competency in Application development and Support.
Lead Application Analyst
- Recognized within the department as the “answer man” for supported applications, which included Accounts Receivable, Credit Approval, Sales Statistics, Profitability, and Sales Tax reporting.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate multiple concurrent projects and resources.
- Developed a new system to consolidate customers from different business units to provide a combined sales report for tracking and reporting customers that had sales greater than 5 million dollars a year to upper management.
- Automated a manual process of producing the “On Order Report”. This changed the reporting period from monthly to weekly and eliminated two man-days of work per month.
- Had an excellent track record in meeting project deadlines.
- Trained new college recruits.
Senior Application Analyst, Application Analyst, Associate Application Analyst
- Worked with user department in automating a manual process for sales tax reporting.
- Developed and programmed the sales tax reporting system from conception to inception.
- Good problem solver - researching, analyzing problem, identifying and developing a workable solution.
- Modified designated software to meet business unit needs.
- Supported multiple financial user departments.