Over twenty five years of expertise in system support and mainframe operations in the Financial Services and Insurance Industries. Demonstrated skill in analyzing and resolving test batch system bugs, thus avoiding production software issues. Proven ability to communicate with and instruct both technical and non - technical users.
Confidential, Marlborough, MA
SR. Systems Services and Support Analyst
- Interfaced with users to gather requirements and offered alternate solutions for meeting needs of project/users.
- Worked closely with Development and Production Support teams to provide batch and data knowledge
- Maintained documentation and shared knowledge regarding batch cycles with other team members.
- Executed and monitored Batch cycles in the Integration, Acceptance, QA-Regression and CustQA environments.
- Provided on call support for nightly batch cycles.
- Analyzed and resolved batch software bugs and document resolutions.
- Performed data load requests (DB2,VSAM, Sybase).
- Created and maintained multiple Control-M job schedules for Batch.
- Created and maintain JCL, PROCs and control cards in Test Environments.
Utilized: TSO/ISPF, MVS JCL, Control-M, Endevor, IBM Mainframe utilities, File-Aid, DB2, VSAM, CA-7, CA11, Microsoft Office Outlook, and CA-VIEW.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Facilitated Y2K adaption and implementation for four Confidential accounts supported through the Boston office.
- Performed COBOL coding, testing, and production migration.
- Wrote and maintained for several test and production batch cycles and provided on-call nightly support for batch cycles.
- Established on-line nightly abend log to track recurring cycle problems, documented problem resolution procedures that improved cycle run time and prevented customer down time.
- Served as Liaison with the Registry of Motor Vehicles in merit rating and claims processing problem situations.
- Provided backup and support for Operations Department.
- Utilized Online ISPF and TSO, Panvalet, $AVRS Sysout accumulator system, cobol, Documerge, Ca7 and CA11 scheduling systems, TMS tape management system, and MVS/OS/JCL..
- Supervised and trained third shift Operations crew.
- Provided accurate cycle turnover conveyance to the first shift operations relief crew
Hardware: Xerox 4090 LPS, IBM 3800 Printer, IBM 1403 Printer, IBM 4245 Printer, IBM 3275 Network Controller, AT+T Paradyne, and various Amdahl and IBM mainframe devices.