Senior Information Technology Professional with over 20 years’ experience in the design, development and implementation of business information systems. Extensive experience in IBM z/OS, MVS, DOS and VM environments. My strengths include application analysis, development and support of Computer Information systems. I am a self - starter and work equally well on my own or as part of a team effort.
HARDWARE: IBM Mainframe Systems, Intel Compatible PC's.
SOFTWARE: Mainframe - IBM z/OS, MVS, DOS/VSE and VM Operating Systems, COBOL II, CICS, DB2, VSAM, OS JCL and Utilities, TSO/ISPF, REXX, CLIST, Easytrieve Plus, Syncsort, File-Aid, Intertest, Smarttest, FTP, NDM, Endeavor.
- Responsible for the maintenance and enhancement of the Risk System.
- Projects include New Customer Risk Analysis via interaction with third party vendors utilizing FTP and NDM data transfer.
- Internal Account Risk Analysis utilizing mainframe and Client Server interaction via direct data retrieval and FTP data transfer.
- Work was performed using COBOL II, CICS, DB2, Syncsort, FTP, NDM and Endevor.
Independent Contract Programmer
- Design and develop an enhancement to the Loss Data Warehouse applications to encompass Third Party Claim Management. Work is being performed in a z/OS environment using COBOL II, DB2, REXX, Syncsort and Endevor.
- Design, develop and implement data migration from VSAM and IDMS to DB2. Enhancements to the Restriction code Batch and On-Line System to enhance risk analysis and reduce costs due to bad debts. Work was performed using COBOL II, CICS, DB2, REXX, IDMS, VSAM and Endevor.
- Design, develop and implement data migration from tape and flat file tax information systems to DB2 databases for customer reporting.
- This enhancement reduced the wait time to produce year end statements from 5 days to 1 day.
- Work was performed using COBOL II and DB2.
- Develop and implement Web Form database applications using Visual Basic.Net and Oracle.
- Performed cross system analysis of programs, files and CICS and DB2 environments to perform integrated future date testing of the Brokerage environment. The team I worked with was responsible for analysis, enhancement and testing of 33 million lines of code. We found and corrected over 125 Severity One errors in date processing logic that would have resulted in erroneous processing and data loss.
- Work was performed using COBOL II, CICS, DB2, VSAM, IDMS, Syncsort, Endevor, Microfocus COBOL and CICS, and Revolve.
- Developed a major upgrade to batch and online portions of the International Accounting System. Work was performed using COBOL II and CICS.
- Designed, developed, tested and implemented a new DB/2 based Brokerage Statement System that included multiple month end processing dates and flexible processing parameters that allowed the customer base to be divided and run in smaller units to enhance efficiency.
- This system was migrated from a VSAM and IDMS base to DB2 which reduced processing time for monthly Customer Statements from 36 hours to 6 hours.
- Work was performed using COBOL II, CICS, DB2, VSAM IDMS, Syncsort, Endevor, Microfocus COBOL and CICS, PROXMVS and XDB.
- Developed a new 12b-1 commission processing system to reduce human intervention and enhance efficiency.
- Implemented enhancements to Marketing Support and Lender Administration mainframe applications to enhance efficiency.
- Developed data transfer systems to move data to the workstation environment using SUN Sparcstations and IBM compatible personal computers in their “downsizing” effort
- Developed Telephone Switch Data Analysis Software for sale to the telecommunications industry using Realia and Screenio
- Developed data transfer processes between an IBM 3090 and DEC VAX Minicomputers using RJE, JNET and FTP. The effort included analysis of the transfer process, selection of the appropriate transfer protocols and installation of the procedures to carry out the task in both the DEC VAX and IBM Mainframe environments.
- Developed a major enhancement to the Corporate Product/Price database, the effort included the coding and testing of on-line data entry and update programs in COBOL on Wang VS Minicomputers.
- Developed data migration routines to alter company master files for compliance with IRS regulations dealing with capital gains on surrendered life insurance policies using IMS.
- Developed and implemented a major enhancement to the Pension Electronic Filing System for the IRS
- Developed a major enhancement to the Service Order Processing System of a major telecommunications company for compliance with new regulatory requirements.
- Monitored and evaluated 6 Programmer Analysts including project estimation and assignment.
- Installed and converted the Corporate Fixed Assets System to the MSA Fixed Assets Software Package.
- Designed, developed and implemented enhancements to the Sales Commission System
- Developed a company wide consolidation of Lotus 123 spreadsheets for upload to a Wang VS PACE Database for financial forecasting.
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Other responsibilities included support of the SI Fixed Assets Package and conversion of SI Application Packages to the COBOL II Standard.
- I also provided Systems Programming Support in VM and DOS/VSE using REXX and EXEC2.
- Senior Programmer/Analyst responsible for the design, development, implementation and maintenance of Payroll, Municipal Financial Accounting, Water Billing, Parking Ticket, College Work Study and Financial Aid Systems.
- Systems Programmer responsible for the installation and Conversion of DOS flat file systems to DOS/VSE VSAM systems running under VM in an IBM 4341 environment