- Over 12 years of programming experience in COBOL 75 and 85 with advanced Visual Basic skills. Consistently deliver projects on time. Outstanding leadership, team building, and communication skills with excellent documentation and problem solving skills.
- Adept at assessing business needs. Analytical, diligent, and dedicated. Project Management; Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis; Enterprise Architecture;
- Consistently Meeting Deadlines
- Outstanding leadership, team building, and communication/problem solving skills
- Adept at assessing customer needs
- Analytical, diligent, and dedicated
- Microsoft Office software. More than 12 years as a COBOL Programmer.
- Microsoft Office: (Word, Excel 2013). Open to relocation. zOS. JCL. Familiar with Overnight Batch Processing.
- Technical computer assistance provided by designing, creating, testing, debugging, and implementing Cobol programs on an IBM Mainframe..IMS; JCL COBOL 85 Code tester Good problem solving skills;
- Good interpersonal & Organizational skills Good written & Oral Commun. skills;
- Ability to prioritize work and work on multiple projects
- Provide Mainframe support & complete requested and approved Changes to software.
- Designed created tested debugged and implemented over 100’s of COBOL programs COBOL CICS VSAM MVS IMS SQL DB2 IBM - Mainframe zOS.
- Microfocus COBOL; Easytrieve. TSO/ISPF. Plus numerous Batch COBOL Programs.
Programmer (Visual Basic) (SQL) Coder
Confidential, Virginia Beach, VA
- Technical computer assistance provided by designing, creating, testing, debugging, and implementing VB programs Programmed in Microsoft Visual Basic from Visual Studio.
- Created sort programs, traffic programs, multi-screen programs, and consecutive index files.
- Accessed and manipulated database, Successfully built link from home computer to Pentagon.
- Aided in the development of a business plan for the company.
- Visual Basic.Net Microsoft Office 2010 Excel 2010, Word 2010 Code Tester
Confidential, Newport News, VA
- Instructed freshmen and sophomores in Algebra I and Algebra II.
- Prepared daily and weekly lesson plans for 50+ students. 99% of my students passed their Standards of Learning Tests.
DATA CENTER MANAGER
Confidential, Arlington, Virginia
- In charge of Small Virtual Storage Network (WANG-VS) Computer operations on a day to day basis.
- Tester of other individuals work.
- In Charge of Word Processing on the system.
- In Charge of COBOL Development on the system COBOL85
- Record of no security breaches on the system during my watch.
- Managed approximately 25 individuals’ operations’ on the system.
- Plus overnight Batch COBOL Processing.
Lead Programmer & Test Engineer
Confidential, Reston, VA
Technical Skills: COBOL, 85
- Scheduled staff programmers and assessed COBOL programs for date fields in 100+ programs.
- Successfully managed the date 2000-year turnover.
- Investigated and edited over 500 COBOL programs for Confidential Tester
- Tester for COBOL code efficiency of staff programmers
- Overnight Batch Processing with an operator.
Lead Programmer (COBOL) (Mainframe-Coder)
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Planned and led programming efforts for the claims payable component of the hospital billing system.
- COBOL,85 HP 3000, HP9000, and Image/View.
- COBOL, COBOL 85 CODE Tester for staff. Batch Processing.
Programmer Analyst (VISUAL BASIC) Coder
Confidential, Arlington, VA
- Developed an address book system, personnel database and file system for the Confidential, utilizing Microsoft Visual Basic(5).
- Utilized Data processing and Crystal reports for design, development, testing and implementation of billing and inventory management systems.
- Code Tester
Programmer) (Mainframe) Coder
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Contributed to onsite development, maintenance, documentation of individual and business tax systems for the DC Government.
- Technical Skills: COBOL, MVS, OS 3090, CICS, COBOL, programmed in COBOL on the Confidential business and individual tax system.
- Liaison between Confidential leaders and OAO Staff with successfully meeting the needs and requirements of Confidential expectations.
- COBOL,75, 85 TSO, OS390, CICS, SQL, IBM/OS390, MVS, ISPF IDMS VSAM,. COBOL 85 VSE IDMS zOS Used SAS to creates and statistically Manipulate data; Programs in COBOL Code used in same statistical manner (Statistical “verbs” used); Used for business analysis..
- Tester of staff COBOL programs for correctness.
- Used & borrowed JCL from other job streams.to facilitate and add to sob streams.
- Overnight batch processing every night (COBOL)