- Senior Systems Analyst/Programmer with experience in many industries (communications, transportation, agriculture, banking,
- Medicare processing and insurance) and many types of financial applications (receivables, collections (CACS+), billing, discounts, and risk management .
- My wide experience has allowed me to become a very capable team player, quickly becoming productive in new situations.
- I can function as a team member or team leader, having been part of many teams, chaired many meetings, presented Confidential a national convention, trained and mentored new employees and transfers, created many program specs and a department user manual.
- I have written unit and project test plans, plus coded, tested, and implemented many programs in both batch and on - line environments.
- I was the project testing manager and part of project core management on one large collections project.
- About 90% of my career experience has centered on COBOL, in addition I have excellent experience in TSO/ISPF, CICS, IMS, VSAM and DB2.
- I also have done some PL1 and Assembler.
Hardware: IBM 360/40, IBM 370/148, IBM 370/158, IBM 370/168, IBM 4331IBM 3083, IBM 3090, Amdahl V-6, various models of PCs
Operating Systems: OS/390, OS/XA, OS/MVS, DOS/VSE, VM-ESA, MS-DOS
Languages: COBOL, COBOL II, CICS, IMS, PL/1, ASSEMBLER, DB2, DL/1 (little), REXX, CLIST, Confidential Mainframe
Software: VSAM, ISAM, BDAM, CEDF, EZTEST, Micro Focus Workbench, XPF-COBOL, OS Utilities, XPEDITER, MQ Series, Connect Direct, CA-7, Comparex, SQL, File-Aid, CACS, Strata, SDSF, and some CHANGEMAN, Tivoli, Endevor, Intertest, INSYNC, SharePoint
Text Editors: TSO-ISPF, PANVALET, LIBRARIAN, WORDPADVM-ISPF, Notepad, DOS-EDIT, SPF-PC
PC Software: MICROSOFT WINDOWS (98, 2000, NT, ME, XP, Vista, 7)WORD, Excel, Attachmate XTRA, MICROSOFT Explorer, MICROSOFT OUTLOOK, VISIO, PowerPoint, Project ManagerFirefox
Mainframe Technical Lead
- Duties include system planning and design, assisting in creation of production implementation plan, defect analysis and removal, coding, testing, system testing, act as go between for the bank and system maintainers, plus some .
- Most of the work done for the bank was done from the Dallas area, but several trips to the bank were required.
- Interfaced everyday with everyone on the team to sync schedules and complete tasks.
Mainframe COBOL Developer
- Involved in COBOL coding (new programs and maintenance), and testing these programs/updates which have been mandated by the IRS.
- I have been involved in the batch side of this system which is designed to call attention to possible money laundering by individuals that are involved in large cash transactions.
- I have made extensive changes in the main program used to create a tape of a bank’s results that is sent to the IRS on a monthly basis.
- This was initially a 3 month contract but was extended by another 4 months.
Mainframe Interface Developer
- Mainly responsible for the Data Interfaces part of this Conversion Process (data transferred with Connect Direct). Starting with REXX tools to create the Interface JCL, next desk check the JCL created, and then test it’s functionality.
- Daily communication with the companies responsible for the Medicare customer service and other government agencies that participate in the Medicare process.
- Maintained the REXX tool that created the Part B Interface JCL and created a second REXX tool to build the Part A Interface JCL.
- Conducted a class with Power Point visual aids about the REXX JCL creation tool.
- During the final months of my first employment with Confidential was responsible for 1 other employee, including and scheduling his daily activities.
- Recently called on to the lead the Interface effort in the Idaho Workload.
- Recently, as part of a team that did several HIGLAS Conversions and implementations also working with JCL but in the Base and Conversion systems not Interfaces.
Mainframe Analyst and Developer
- Participated in/facilitated many meetings with team members on several continents.
- Working closely with the Project Manager, created the project Test Plan describing all needed processes to completely test the new collections system.
- Lead in maintaining the Project Change Request process that documents requested system changes.
- I served as technical lead on the testing team, worked with several other teams who have created support systems that interface with in our CACS System.
- Wrote and tested 4 COBOL programs to help the technical team successfully meet deadlines.
- My contract was extended once.
Mainframe COBOL Developer
- In addition I created many custom COBOL reports (over two dozen) for our users.
- Wrote several batch programs to parse incoming data and played a major role in a Confidential .
Mainframe Vender Analyst
- I was extended to bring another large loan application into this converted system.
- Duties include create and modify conversion JCL and COBOL code, create and test batch and online processes, create Docugen letters, installed and tested the new 8.1 system, extensively testing all parts of the system, advising and teaching client personnel.
- Completed a 2 week functional and technical school centered on the Confidential Risk Management Application.
- Testing manager for a major wireless company on a project that combined three collections systems from two merging communication companies into one (the first company was the product of a previous merge so two separate collections systems came with this company).
- Duties included writing a Master Test Plan, writing separate Test Plans for each testing phase, creating and maintaining the task list and schedule, plus created all Interface Agreements.
- I reviewed test scripts and data. I instituted a new testing phase in this company s testing process (a programmer controlled string test), planned hardware resources for each testing phase, coordinated the activities of several testing groups from three companies, and insured the system components from each testing phase were completely tested and ready for the next testing phase and finally for production.
- Worked with large bank as they converted part of their CACS 7.0 VSAM system to an 8.0.3 DB2 system.
- Duties included doing the initial 8.0 and 8.0.3 system install and testing.
- I handled the 7.0 VSAM conversion to the 8.0.3 DB2 tables in the new system.
- This included coding and testing several COBOL programs along with much utility and JCL work. I started the initial data analysis toward melding an acquired bank s data with the first bank s 8.0.3 system.
- Coded and tested a COBOL inventory program for a western bank.
- Worked with large national communications company (Southwestern Bell) Confidential several locations.
- All assignments were in support of implementing a new version of the CACS Collections System.
- Duties included delivering fixes for defects, and many testing assignments.
- Created several DB2 test databases using File - Aid for GUI front end performance testing.
- Created JCL for the CACS batch system in order to run several system wide Load and Performance tests.
- Very involved in System Testing the Autodialer system and Service Orders plus several interfaces between CACS and other systems.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Created test plans, test cases (data), and expected results for each test case (both data and expected results documented in Microsoft Access) plus verified testing accuracy (by checking file and screen content)in all testing environments outside of unit testing
- Produced System Requirements, function point processes, Interface Agreements, maintained system status documentation
- Led team reviews of my deliverables, maintained all review documentation (project status, testing data and results, deliverables and dates achieved)
- Interfaced with all levels of users and team members to achieve the best possible solution for user request
- Created a User Manual for the Receivables Customer Care Department
- Trained all incoming personnel (from off shore agreement) on Receivables System
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Responsible for production and customer support for Confidential & Confidential ’s residential long distance receivables system (part of a 24 X 7 pager rotation) (system processes over 20 billion dollars in customer payments per year).
- Interfaced with people from all over the country to maintain proper system performance.
- Responsible for coding, unit and (if needed) system testing, help fellow workers set up batch and n-line testing environments in XPEDITER, user, system and program design, and project coordination (Majority of my coding was COBOL with VSAM, IMS, CD, and MQ Series software).
- Completed several system wide Confidential scans of the Confidential & Confidential Customer Database (IMS), plus other Confidential reports and file builds.
- Lead programmer/analyst on a major data aggregation system which received input from many major corporations around the country.
- Worked closely with operations personnel across the country
- Responsible for system and program design, coding, unit and system testing, and implementation of COBOL batch and COBOL/IMS DBB and BMP programs.
- Coded Supernova 4GL in UNIX (one assignment-about 2000 statements).
- Responsible for a VM/ESA report and CLIST system.
- Led several conversion efforts: VM to VM/ESA, OS/JCL to OS/JCL with SMS, and COBOL to COBOL II
- Presented several instructional sessions to users and operation personnel before major changes in the system were implemented.