To obtain a position within an Organization that encourages Creativity, Imagination and Outside the Box thinking. I am considered to be the “creative force” where ever I have worked. I am highly creative and have an endless imagination. Anything we can imagine in our minds, we can make happen. Every great discovery started with a thought. The thought and imagination are the key to the human race. Imagine what we could accomplish if everyone embraced creativity and imagination. If we all dared to tap in to our imagination like a child and dream big. This will change organizations and the world.
- Z/OS Systems Programmer for 5 years.
- Mainframe Automation for 10 years
- Operations Team Lead for over 15 years.
- 25 + years in Computer Operations.
- 4 years experience in database design using Lotus Notes.
- Extremely Strong background in Systems Automation.
SOFTWARE: AUTOMATION Software, JES2, CICS, DB2, IMS, JCL, CLIST, REXX, SMPE, Confidential ACO, TIVOLI, MIM, HSC, STARTOOL, MXI, OPS/MVS, MAINVIEW, OMEGAMON, TMON, NETCOOL, LOTUS NOTES, LOTUS SCRIPT,SAMETIME, ZEKE, AUTOSYS, CA7, CA - Scheduler, CA11, SDSF, TSO, PowerPoint, VTAM, TCPIP, UNIX, RMM, ESP, SAS, CA Workload Automation, ESP, RMM, NDM, Connect Direct, Remedy, CA Service Desk, ISO9000.
Mainframe Operations Team Lead / OPS/MVS programmer
- Worked as the Team lead of the Mainframe Operations staff.
- Also worked on OPS/MVS Automation.
Confidential, Denver, CO
Mainframe Automation Specialist
- I am specifically responsible for supporting Confidential .
- Created the Confidential Hot-Swap process to handle the issue with the Confidential hitting the 2gig limit.
- Put in place a process that runs periodically that will prevent the Confidential from ever hitting the 2gig limit.
- Increased the size of the Confidential and updated the Confidential parms to ensure that we have at least thirteen months of archives to go back to.
- Installed the Global Variable backup / restore process.
- Developed a process to identify global variables that have not been accessed in two years and one that will search all global's for a text string.
- Enhanced the search process so unneeded global’s can be programmatically deleted.
- This eliminates the need to delete unwanted global’s manually. Installed a Confidential tracking process that will show how many times a Confidential is called along with the rules that called them.
- This shows the number of times a Confidential is called and the last date and last time it was called.
Confidential, Breckenridge, CO
Mainframe Automation Specialist
- Worked on Confidential s Mainframe Automation Team that supports over 100 clients.
- I was specifically responsible for the Honda account, supporting Confidential .
- Interacted with support groups, users and operations staff to provide automated solutions to enhance availability.
Confidential, Columbia, MO
Senior Programmer - Systems Automation Specialist
- Worked with Confidential designing automation solutions for the mainframe environment.
- Made the decision to use Confidential instead of VTAM for MSF.
- Also worked with ESP / CA11 and RMM. Worked on designing a process where the mainframe can monitor to see if servers are up.
- This will allow us to control batch that is initiated from ESP. It will also allow us to perform other functions like FTP much better.
- If a server drops, automation can control WLM or ESP resources to stop batch or processes so they will not fail.
- Also responsible for ensuring the Confidential parms were defined correctly.
- Many were set in the early 1990’s and need to be evaluated and modified.
- Also installed the Confidential utility and Global Variable Backups.
- These utilities have never been used at Confidential .
- Developed a process that will check to ensure all rules were enabled / auto-enabled properly.
- If new rules were put in place, this process would identify them and notify us to ensure we check these in the future.
- This rule check process would alert if a rule update occurred and the enabled or auto-enabled flags were not set.
Confidential, Colorado Springs, CO
Mainframe- Software Systems Programmer
- Created / Designed Automation processes to enhance problem resolution and discovery.
- Created nightly reports using SAS, CLIST Macros as a Health Checker mechanism.
- Created Mainview views for support staff to monitor MQ events
- Created Omegamon screens for support staff to quickly see the DB2 environments health.
- Created reports using SYSVIEW batch for CICS and MVS that email support staff with exceptions.
- Created exception monitoring on SYSVIEW for alerting and notification.
- Created and updated Confidential rules and Rexx s.
- Designed automation solutions to meet customer requirements to enhance availability.
- Developed Powerpoint presentation for training purposes.
Confidential, Anchorage, AK
- Install Software products using SMPE
- Develop Automation for Operations Support
- Provided Technical Support for users and Operations
- I took some freeware and developed Automation for Operations.
- I did this with an MPF exit developed and on the MVS CBT TAPE on the WEB.
- I modified some processes and created Console Alerts and Email Alerts.
- Using a Software Tool called STARTOOL,
- I created many Batch jobs run through CA-Scheduler that issues commands, writes the output to a file, manipulates the file for text that is critical and emails alerts if needed.
- I also took this EXIT and created a process that will shutdown the entire Operating Systems with one command.
- It even checks at the end of the process for tasks that remain and cancels them.
- When the system is IPL'd. I created automation to alert when VTAM, CICS, DB2 and other critical tasks are available.
- I also created a process that issues CICS commands checking Files, Transactions, Connections, etc.
- If it finds something irregular, alerts are issued.
Confidential, Winston-Salem, NC.
- Install Software products using SMPE.
- Developed and support Lotus Notes databases.
- Developed a Lotus Notes Database for tracking and approvals of all requested updates to Confidential .
- Developed an automated process to pass information to auditors and security personnel. Developed extensive Automation for Operations Support
- Lead Technical Analyst in a Help Desk Role providing level I and level II Support to enterprise wide users.
- Monitored all Wachovia Mainframe Applications.
- Created automation to aid in monitoring and alert management.
- Created and supported Lotus Notes Databases to track PTO time, track requests and usage as a knowledge base.
- Developed more efficient means of escalation and identifying of problematic issues.
- Created a Lotus Notes Database process that is currently being used at Wachovia to track the approval process of all updates to Confidential .
- Confidential to comply with Auditor and Security Requirements.
- This process was fully automated.
- The distributed Lotus Notes information when ready is FTP'd to the Mainframe for final processing and implantation.
- This system designed was utilized by over 100 people.
- I also created a PTO tracking database that was used by a department of about 100 as well using Lotus Notes.