- Over 15 years’ experience in the field of Technical Marketing covering Engineering support services & Financial products and over 7 years of Experience in database design, data migration, and data warehousing
- Extensive experience with ETL/Data warehousing tools in Financial Institutes, Communication and Retail Industry
- Extensively used Mload, Bteq, FastExport and FastLoad to design and develop dataflow paths for transforming and loading data
- Good knowledge of Teradata RDBMS Architecture , Tools and Utilities
- Have strong understanding of datawarehousing concepts
- Proficient in data warehousing techniques for data cleaning,CDC (change data capture), Error Handling Techniques for ETL process
- Migrated data and Application code from Teradata to Oracle using Fast Export and Oracle SQL Loader
- Strong TeradataSQL , ANSI SQL coding skills
- Experienced in ETL processes, using Informatica and Teradata
- Skillfully exploit OLAP analytical power of Teradata by using OLAP functions such as Rank, Quantile, group by etc to generate detail reports for marketing folks
- Good knowledge of Performance tuning, Application Development and Application Support on UNIXand WINDOWS NT Environments
- Performance Monitoring, Database Backup/Recovery and SQL Query Tuning Expertise in Teradata Utilities BTEQ , FastExport , Fast Load , Multi - Load, TPump and SQL Assistant
- Strong experience in SQL , PL/SQL , Procedures , Functions , Triggers
- Above 5+ years of experience on Teradata administrative tools Teradata Administrator, Teradata Manager and Teradata SQL assistance, Session Information thus monitoring the database and providing performance suggestions
- Proficient in Teradata SQL tuning and in using Teradata SQL Assistant
- Proficient with software engineering concepts and full System Development Life Cycle
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, communication, interpersonal skills, systematic approach and quick adaptability to new technologies and new working environment
Operating Systems: IBM Mainframes, Windows XP, 2000, Unix/Linux and NT4.0.
Databases: Teradata V2R4/V2R5/V2R6.0, Oracle (8i/9i/10g), SQL server2000, DB2
Primary Tools: Teradata SQL, Teradata tools & Utilities
Teradata Utilities: BTEQ, FastLoad, MutliLoad, Fast Export, Tpump, SQL Assistant, Teradata Manager, PMON, Teradata Administrator (Winddi), Session Information, BTEQWin, Vproc Manager, XCTL, Ferret, Filer, Row Edit, DBS Control, DIP, DBS internal, Sysinit, Scandisk, DIP Utility, Abort Host, Check Table, Lock Display, Priority Scheduler, Query Session, Show lock, Update Space, Recovery Manager, Archive/Restore, Configuration/Reconfiguration, Table Rebuild, Teradata Parallel Transport utility(TPT)
Load & Export: FastLoad, MultiLoad, FastExport, BTEQ, OLE load, Oracle SQL Loader
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP, Unix
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:Sr. Teradata Developer
- Analyzing and profiling data
- Designing ETL solutions
- Testing and debugging code
- Coordinating with other teams to support data/design changes
- Migrating and integrating code to production
- Ensuring that Quality Assurance test plans are executed before releasing product enhancements for user acceptance testing
- Providing production support during client warranty period, troubleshooting and resolving any production issues that may arise
- Hands on experience of performance tuning
- Able to deliver using agile methodologies
Confidential, Cupertino, CA
- Report generation for Business requirement
- Worked on Teradata v14.0
- High usage of utilities like FLOAD and MLOAD
- Mapping source to target
- Complex commands as Confidential Table had to tally
- Mapping Source to Target
- Solution for new project
- Parallel data import/export using TPT
- Scrum reporting structure to be followed
- Onsite/Off-shore work delegation and co-ordination with the team
- Working with the implementing partner onsite
- Transition from onsite to off-shore
- Lead for an Engine module called Allocation Engine
- Involved in new business development, existing backlog’s and any hot fixes related to the Allocation Engine.
- Conduct unit tests and deploy to CM team
- Current version of Teradata 13.10. Most developments using SQL.
- Job Scheduler run’s each job and Macros call the BTEQ for loads
- On-call on weekends during SIT, Preliminary and Final Allocation Engine Run
- Conduct daily meetings with offshore partner
Confidential, Mooresville, NC
- Designed and developed physical models with appropriate Primary, Secondary, UPI and Join Index taking into consideration of both planned access of data and even distribution of data across all the available AMPs.
- Architected and developed FastLoad and Mload scripts, developed BTEQ scripts to process the data in staging database.
- Lead team of developers, allotted work, resolved issues, was an active bridge between data modeler business users and developers onsite. Trained new members to bring them up to speed.
- Designed and created join indexes for the aggregate data.
- Worked on loading of data from several flat files sources using Teradata FastLoad and MultiLoad.
- Transfer of large volumes of data using Teradata FastLoad, MultiLoad and T-Pump.
- Database-to-Database transfer of data (Minimum transformations) using OleLoad.
- Written Cobol Programs to extract the data from DB2.
- Fine-tuned the existing mappings and achieved increased performance and reduced load times for faster user query performance
- Creation of customized Mload scripts on UNIX platform for Teradata loads using Informatica.
- Written scripts to extract the data from Oracle and load into Teradata .
- Worked on exporting data using Teradata FastExport.
- Written Teradata BTEQ scripts to implement the business logic.
- Hands on with Teradata Queryman to interface with the Teradata .
- Developed COBOL modules to apply transformation to the source data at load time.
- Extensive use of T- SQL case statements to flag the detail records on the warehouse tables.
Environment: NCR 4800/5100, Teradata V2R5 (BTEQ, FastLoad, MultiLoad, T- SQL, FastExport) MVS, JCL, TSO/ISPF, COBOL, DB2, Oracle.
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
Senior Teradata Developer
- Experienced in Designing Database with prominent activities like deciding Primary / Secondary index, creating Join index, creating Partitioned Primary Index, Compare Load Utilities to determine the best Scenario, using Automatic Data protection using Recovery Journals and Fallback protection.
- Experienced in Teradata Manager which is used to create Alerts, Monitor system
- Familiar with Teradata Database Query Manager
- Teradata PMON is used to monitor the system performance when it is in load.
- Designed database, users, tables and views structures.
- Responsible for COLLECT STATISTICS on all types of tables
- Performance query tuning and Index creations.
- Used Informatics' features to implement Type II, III changes in slowly changing dimension (SCD) tables.
- Designing Archival Jobs, considering archival resources like the number of Media Servers, tapes, various limiting factors of Transmit/receive of data to the media
- Developing code for Validation reports
- Project migration into QA and Production environment.
Environment: Teradata Database 12, Oracle 10g, Informatica PowerCenter/PowerMart 7.1, Business Objects 5.1, CVS, TOAD , BTEQ, SQL Assistant, Control M Scheduling Tool , Windows XP, UNIX
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Involved in complete SDLC (System Development Life Cycle).
- Interacted with business-users and business analysts to identify and develop business requirements and transform it into technical requirements
- Used Teradata client tools (Queryman, WinDDI) for running Ad-hoc queries, accessing tables and loading utilities (Mload, Fast Load, Tpump, OleLoad) to load the data.
- Wrote many Stored Procedures, BTeq Scripts in Teradata.
- Designed and developed Informatica Mappings, Mapplets, and Sessions, Workflows based on business user requirements and business rules to load data from source flat files and RDBMS tables to Confidential tables.
- Used transformations like Joiner, Expression, Connected/Unconnected lookups, Filter, Aggregator, Rank, Update, Router and Sequence generator.
- Developed and scheduled Workflows using workflow designer, worklet designer in Workflow manager and monitored the results in Workflow monitor. Scheduled batch and sessions within Informatica using Informatica scheduler.
- Designed, developed and documented the ETL processes using Informatica for extracting the data and data transformations.
- Created mappings and applied transformations on the tables and created sessions for running the processes in Informatica.
- Involved in unit testing of mappings, Mapplets also involved in integration testing and user acceptance testing.
- Extensively used Explain to fine-tune the Teradata tables and improve the system performance.
- Automated the routine tasks using Shell Scripts. HP-Unix.
Environment : Teradata V2R4, BTeq, Mload, Fast Load, Tpump, Informatica Power Center, SQL, UNIX, Windows NT, Visual basic 6.
Confidential, Eden Prairie, MN
- Involved in Designing, Coding and testing applications in Teradata environment.
- Developed formal, detailed data and meta-data model and physical database design using Entity-Relationship Diagrams and Erwin .
- Created Extract Specifications documentation to help business user understand the new process for Teradata SQL .
- Worked on Teradata utilities such Fast Load , MLoad and TPump and interface such as SQL assistant.
- Created complex Export scripts in BTEQ using derived and volatile tables to recreate the cursor functionality of the SQR reports.
- Invoked BTEQ scripts for loading purposes using Unix Shell Scripting.
- Developed Fast Load scripts to upload data from staging area into Teradata Data warehouse.
- Performed Data Validations.
- Generated Reports using BTEQ , Fast Export .
- Created Scripts Using Fast Load , Multi-Load and TPump to load data into the Teradata data warehouse.
- Designing informatica mappings, Teradata BTEQ scripts, SQL procedures and UNIX shell scripts for adhoc ETL changes.
- Collaborating with operations/scheduling personnel to make adjustments to schedules for ETL processes.
- Assisting Development in the analysis, design, and implementation of ETL processes.
- Working on data requests to put together the customized adhoc reports.
Environment : Teradata Server 5450, Version 06.01.01.41 Release V2R. 06.01.01.31 , Teradata SQL Assistant 6.2, MS SQL Server 2005, ASP.NET, .NET Framework, C#.NET, SSIS, SSRS, Oracle 9i, UDB DB2, Windows XP, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Visio, CRT for UNIX.
- Designed Technical Design Documents for the Terada BTEQ scripts which populates data from BI Staging to BI Base Tables.
- Designed more than 150 BTEQ Scripts from Scratch which populated the Teradata Fact, dimension and lookup Tables
- Organized a team of Developers to Develop, Unit Test, Test cases and Result Preparation Related with Loading Scripts and other deliveries related with Teradata scripts
- Interacted with System Test, Integration Test, Performance Test, User Acceptance test, Production dry run teams to solve the various stages of Defects and provided solutions to their Road blocks.
- Designed and Developed the Informatica workflows/sessions to extract, transform and load the data into Target.
- Developed complex mappings using Informatica Power Center Designer to transform and load the data from various source systems like Oracle and mainframes into the Oracle Confidential database.
- Documented the mappings used in ETL processes.
- Designed and Developed the Common Audit and Error Routines for BTEQ Scripts, which is implemented to all Teradata related interfaces.
- Prepared the Release notes and ESP Schedule Document which was used in creating ESP Schedule.
- Performance Tuning of sources, Targets, mappings and SQL queries in transformations.
- Co-ordinated with Transformation Team members and Reporting to Integrate the data from Teradata Staging to Teradata Base Table Environments and then to Reports.
- Involved in finding the root cause of the Defect in Testing, Integration, Performance, break fix and Production and Report related issues and provided appropriate solutions with quick turnaround time.
Environment : Teradata V2R5, BTeq, Mload, Fast Load, Tpump, Informatica, UNIX and Windows XP, Teradata SQL Assistant
Sales Support Representative/Technical Trainer
- Assisting Regional Sales Managers with product information
- Assisting Dealer Head Offices with Advisor, product, funds and loan queries
- Preparing updated client lists for Financial Advisors
- Sending periodic loan details to Head Offices of Dealers
- Inbound Calls assisting Financial Advisors and clients with their RRSP loan details
- Give payout balances which involves calculation
- Take inbound calls for Investment Loans involving calculations, redemption follow-up’s, co-ordinating with the processing, payments & funds team on various issues
- Assist with the GIC, Mortgage and HELOC queue’s when lines are busy
- Follow the company’s Six Guiding Principles on a daily basis
- Develops content - handouts, outlines, agendas and syllabi
- Tailors content based on trainee’s (BroadHop employees, partners, or customers) specific needs
- Contributes to team planning for both and development schedules
- Delivers Programs / Modules based on plan requirements
- Supports development of e-learning solutions
- Ensures new methodologies incorporated into approach
Regional Head - Marketing
- Customer profile, marketing brochure, IT whitepaper & presentations
- Existing and new clients
- Proposal preparation and review
- Contract preparation and review with respective heads
- Providing support for US operations remotely from India
- Organise work-shops, seminars and participate in IT Exhibition