- Broad experience in Mainframe Applications including more than 20 years experience in COBOL and CICS, 12 years experience in DB2 and 5 years experience using MQ Series.
- Technical project management
- Joint Application Development (JAD) facilitation
- Project Plan construction and presentation
- Resource Requirement identification, allocation and estimating
- Cordination and Communication with Parallel Projects
- Subject Matter Expert for CICS/DB2/MQ Super Station Applications
- High/Low Level Design specification construction
- Code development, testing, walkthrough and production installation
- Test script creation, walkthroughs and execution,
- Implementation plan development and execution
- Resource for Distributed/Mainframe MQ Issues
- SDM Full Life Cycle - Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation of On-line CICS/DB2/MQ and Batch applications.
- COBOL, CICS, DB2, VSAM, MQ Series
- SQL, DB2 Stored Procedures, SPUFI, QMF, Xpediter, FileAid, TSO/ISPF, MVS Utilities, Eztrieve, Endevor, NDM/Connect Direct, CAFC, SAR, Quality Center (Test Director), LiveLink/Discovery, SharePoint
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio
- IBM zOS, Client Server, PC
- COBOL, ALC, SQL, JCL
Confidential, ADDISON, TX
- Pricing and Cost Management - Analyst/Developer participating in and responsible for business requirement analysis, project planning, Six Sigma documentation, resource allocation, implementation planning, code analysis and review, test script creation and execution, problem tracking and resolution
- Dodd-Frank Project - Assumed project lead late in the project when the Project Lead left for other opportunities.
- Credit Card Act (UDAP) - Analyst/Developer participating in and responsible for business requirement analysis, project planning, Six Sigma documentation, implementation planning, code analysis and development, test script creation and execution, problem tracking and resolution
- Project MORE - This project is a total rewrite of Credit Card Pricing. Pricing will be done at the individual card level and the Telephone Rep is more in control of the terms and promotions of the account. As an Online SME I authored Six Sigma documents for the High Level Design and Low Level design. I also coordinate daily between Distributed Systems, Online Systems, Marketing Systems, Accounting systems and the Testing Area. This is one of the largest implementations in the bank’s history.
- BAC to Confidential Conversion. Participated in a very large conversion effort going from the Base BAC system to the Confidential system. This included upgrades to the Confidential system to gain the missing functionality that was in the BAC system that was not in the Confidential system. This was a massive undertaking and was implemented with no issues in the online area. LU-6.2 was replaced by MQ Series.
- Fraud Falcon ID - Project Lead for the Online Group effort to reduce New Credit Card Fraud and provide more information to the Telephone Reps. This required collecting new information from the Distributed systems and making it available on the DB2 tables for the Telephone Reps.
- Full Rate Triggers II - Online Project Lead for the very large Revenue producing Pricing Trigger Project. Triggers allow the system to modify the interest rate and fees charged to the customer if certain events happen.
- North America New Adds - Coordinated the implementation of the Online New Application System for North America. Reps are able to enter the application online real time. The card will be cut that night and in the mail the next day.
- Autoscore - this was the Re-write of Online New Application project for Europe. New Applications are entered online real time from a UK vendor to the BAC system. Due to staff losses I was used as back fill to take over their incompleteprogramming work and to get it to a satisfactory condition prior to implementation.
- Instant Auth - Instant Credit Card Acceptance where the customer can sign up for a credit card at certain retail outlets, get instant approval and make a purchase using that new credit card. Analyst/Developer involved in the entire project from design through implementation.
- SPOT to DB2 – Conversion of Marketing Data from VASAM to DB2. This allowed several online applications to become available 24 - 7 with no outages for file updates. Analyst/Developer participating in and responsible for business requirement analysis, project planning, Six Sigma documentation, implementation planning, code analysis and development, test script creation and execution, problem tracking and resolution
- RANG Project – A Fraud Reduction Project to randomly assign the credit card number to stop or limit criminal activity of charging a amounts to every credit card in a portfolio. By not having sequential numbers there are gaps. If a charge is submitted for a valid number which has not been assigned (one of the gaps) the Fraud Engine will scrutinize all charges from that merchant. Usually the charges will be refused. This project saves the Bank millions of dollars in reduced fraud each year. Analyst/Developer participating in and responsible for business requirement analysis, project planning, Six Sigma documentation, implementation planning, code analysis and development, test script creation and execution, problem tracking and resolution
- CID Project – this was a multi-phase project to bring DB2 database into the bank. Modification of the systems was too expensive and required extensive online outages during the installation phase. During these outages the Telephone Reps could not work. The Bank realized they were only implementing the bare minimum instead of what really needed to be installed. They found the Telephone Reps did not have the necessary information to do their job. A pilot project was funded to convert the Online Master Files to DB2 tables. This was accomplished and subsequently other projects were funded until the entire Online System totally uses DB2 tables. I was on the original team and worked various capacities through all the CID Projects.
Confidential, ALLEN, TX
Project Lead / Technical Consultant
- Responsible for Inventory, Marketing, Distribution, and Intransit systems.
- Assessing and renovating modules to make them Year 2000 compliant.
- Xpeditor Unit test of the renovated modules.
- Conducted walkthroughs with the user/customer.
- Packaging modules and coordinating the installation for the teams, users and customers.
- Applications utilize COBOL, COBOL II, and DB2.