- Skilled Banking IT Professional with extensive experience with the analysis, design, development, testing, installation, configuration, maintenance and management of applications in Mainframe environments/technologies such as Alnova, Altamira, Altair, Control - M, Changeman, COBOL, CICS, VSAM, JCL and DB2.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive on-line mainframe applications in addition to multiple batch processing systems.
- Display not only very advanced technical abilities, but also has proven to be a great mentor and technical advisor to other team members.
- Fulfill a number of roles within IT, ranging from Programmer Analyst, to Software Engineer and Technical Project Lead.
- Communicates well in Spanish and English.
Hardware: IBM System zOS 390, IBM Personal Computers, Windows Server.
Mainframe: COBOL, CICS, zOS MVS, TSO ISPF, VSAM, MVS -JCL, IBM Utilities, IBM Startool, SDSF, SYNCSORT, File-AID, Change Man, DB2, DB2 Connect, SORT, Control-M, Spuffi, QMF, Mobius, FTP, TANTIA, ALM, NACAR, MQ Series, Messaging PS/7, XML, Smart Test, Expediter.
CORE Banking: ALNOVA, ALTAMIRA, ALTAIR.
Development Tools: MS Office, Project Visio, PPM, JIRA, Citrix, Remedy, Command Center, SharePoint, GDT.
Confidential, Birmingham, AL
- Function as Technical Lead for the “Alnova Functionality Modifications” Project regarding the Deposits/Loans systems estimating time and resources needed according to functional specifications.
- Perform analysis, risk evaluation, coding and modification of mainframe components involved such as COBOL, CICS, JCL, and DB2.
- Execute unit tests and add new functionalities and enhancements for accounts opened in Alnova system using Confidential Compass documentation methodologies.
- Serve as Lead Technical Analyst in the “Customer Merge” Deposits System project managing and executing all components related to the merge Project including analysis and technical design for the solution as well as test planning according to the documented business requirements.
- Participate in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from creating the technical and functional documentation to understanding the current functionality in Alnova system.
- Create and present new solutions in order to reuse as much as possible from the current system components including online, batch and Front-End screens.
- Manage full SDLC during the ARGO System transformation from analysis, design, build, testing and installation in productive environment for ATM and Mobile transactions.
- Mentor Junior employees during the ITE to MONARCH Migration Project for Deposits system.
- Oversee the Online Banking interfaces between the Deposits system and ITE system migrating to Monarch system data.
- Determine cost, effort and timeframe for implementing modifications and redefine current Online Banking interface to Alnova/Deposits by changing the transaction for ATM and Mobile channels.
- Identify, isolate, and fix production defects in front/back-end mainframe environments for Confidential Compass Bank adding new functionalities and enhancements for Online and Batch components for Deposits system.
Mainframe - Analyst
- Solved incidents in the Falcon Fraud Manager System of Confidential Bancomer Bank such as CORE/Mainframe and FRONTS (Falcon-Manager and Falcon-Expert) as relating to Debit/Credit Cards, Personal Accounting, Financial Cards, and Check Systems Installations.
- Integrated new features and adjustments to existing online and batch processes.
- Participate in all phases of analysis, design, and specifications gathering for Software Factory, System Testing, User Testing, Implementation and monitoring, using the internal methodology of Confidential Bancomer.
- Participated in assessment and functional definitions of the interfaces required in the implementation of PDP Detailed Project Plan for the BankTrade assignment with Sovereign Bank in Boston, MA.
- Migrated GE System to an Altair Platform while analyzing, constructing, testing, and managing petitions as well as Loans Cleaning project for various Produban Areas.
- Designed and constructed new interfaces for the Banktrade Project for Santander Puerto Rico.
- Tested Banktrade System suite installation, configured Windows Servers for like interfaces and migrated data from Old Banktrade System to the new one.
- Performed and design data conversion process of Banktrade Version 6 running on Windows Server and Oracle data base, to version 11 running on OS/390 and DB2 data base, data validation on implementation after the conversion and move to production environment.
- Responsible for creating the AS-IS and TO-BE for existing interfaces, designing technical documentation, Validation of current processes for adapting to a new Infrastructure Connection, develop the new components and new infrastructure communications, testing all components related to interfaces such as FED, SWIFT, DDA, CIF, Basilea, and APU for Santander Bank Puerto Rico.
- Primary and first level contact person for monitoring and system availability for Santander Bank Puerto Rico, Colombia, Uruguay and México, tracking all the production related incidents for Solve, Testing, Validation, and Implementation of New Releases. Second Level contact person for Santander Bank Argentina.
- Developed programs for the SuperNet Project, creating programs in batch type.
- Designed and developed programs for the project Extractor Information of Security Applications of Computer Science, cataloging and managing information according to the profiles and user groups, generating tables of privileges for each application.
- Involved in Requirement Analysis, Coding, Technical support, Testing and Quality assurance related and issued by ALTEC-Santander Mexico using the scheme of Software Factory, for bank applications such as Collections, Supernet, Transfer and PAMPA.
- Supported onsite in ISBAN Mexico to Modify and test COBOL, CICS programs and JCL codes per the requests of applications departments OT´s (Job Orders) related to payment media applications PAMPA (Debit Card system). Assigned to Santander Bank Puerto Rico support team.
- Experience in all facets of Software Development Life Cycle SDLC including the requirements gathering/analysis stages, to the design, construction and testing (unit, Modular) regarding the Draft ATNP Administration (Payroll Prepaid Cards) to Santander Bank Mexico as a module for the application of PAMPA means of payment.