- Over 30 years of data processing experience.
- More than four (4) years of database experience utilizing IMS DB/DC, COBOL and DB2.
- Experience converting from Mainframe to Client Server environments
- IT Professional with over twenty years of IT experience in roles as Programmer Analyst or Systems Analyst, in environments utilizing IMS DB/DC, COBOL and DB2.
- Applications experience includes Finance / Accounting, Procurement, Data Warehousing, Banking, Retail, Automotive (leasing / warranty / material control / dealer), and Telemarketing.
- Experienced in converting applications from Mainframe to Client Server environments.
Languages: COBOL II, SQL, SAS, PL - 1
Databases: DB2, IMS/DB, CICS, VSAM
Software / Tools: IMS/DC, JCL, TSO/ISPF, EXPEDITER, ENDEVOR, FILE-AID, PANVALET, MFS, ROSOE, SRI/EDIT, FTP, LOTUS NOTES, DB2 Utilities, Dun & Bradstreet (D&B)
Hardware - O/S: IBM 30XX, OS/MVS, HONEYWELL, HP 3000, UNISYS A-SERIES
- Responsible for maintenance using Batch COBOL, DB2, and SAS programs.
- Doing data analysis, system design and build test data for unit testing in the Claims and Membership.
Environment: IBM, COBOLII, DB2, SQL, FILEAIDE, SPUFI, QMF WORD, EXCEL, and Endevor.
Confidential, TROY, MI
- Performed maintenance of legacy systems programs, primarily Accounts Receivable, during a conversion to a new A/R System.
- Made necessary changes / enhancements to the legacy system to aid in the conversion process.
Environment: UNISYS A Series, COBOL II, WFL, CANDE, DMS II
- Development involving coding, testing and implementation of mainframe applications.
- Consulted with customers and systems personnel to determine business requirements and system information needs for Procurement Systems.
Environment: COBOL II, SQL, DB2, IMS/DC, PANVALET, TSO, JCL, EXPEDITER
Confidential, TROY, MI
- Took data from Mainframe, (Membership, Claims, Provider, etc.) created extract flies (COBOL II / IMS / SQL) and use FTP to transport files into a data warehouse, than transferred files into a Client Server environment
- Designed, developed, tested and updated from spec Extract files to go in data warehouse
- Designed extracts, mapped extracts, created data flow diagrams for extracts
- Wrote JCL for the creation of Extract and sent Extract files out-of-state using FTP
- Used EXPEDITER and FILE-AID to debug problems with Extract
- Ensured all D&B programs were Y2K compliant and if needed made necessary changes
- Modified the COBOL II Reporting System and made JCL changes
- Developed a Data Warehouse System in COBOL II
- Wrote test plans to ensure programs run without abends using JCL and XPEDITER
- Wrote SAS programs to pull data from transaction files and put into reports, as well as wrote SAS programs for tabulation and frequency
Environment: COBOL II, JCL, XPEDITER, SAS, VSAM, TSO/ISPF
- Responsible for financial support handling all degrees of problems from maintenance to new development.
Environment: COBOL II, JCL, ISPF, METACOBOL, VSAM
- Responsible for part number conversion and date conversion for the Confidential .
- Responsible for overseas financial systems.
Environment: IMS DB/DC, COBOL II, JCL, ISPF, VSAM, CICS (MAINTENANCE)
- Performed work on the Confidential Project.
- Involved in the conversion of PL-1 programs to COBOL II utilizing IMS and DB2 databases in an OS/MVS environment.
Environment: PL-1, COBOL II, IMS, DB2, OS/MVS