- Systems Engineer and operations professional with 30 years of experience in data center and disaster recovery z/OS operating systems.
- Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- With excellent communication and interpersonal skills acts as liaison with management, vendors, and other IT professionals.
- Capable of prioritizing multiple assignments and deadlines.
- Courageous and efficient in making difficult decisions with attention to detail.
Senior Mainframe Recovery Engineer
- Provided first level technical support during problem determination and resolution.
- Interfaced directly with client to provide operational support during testing and/or disaster.
- Reviewed test plan documents needed to implement the correct required system resources needed for system tests such as DS8800 disk and TS7700 tape environments.
- Created and maintained written status reports during all testing activities.
- Executed client’s z/OS operating system’s scripts during testing.
- Infrastructure installations and configurations and maintenance for all mainframe hardware including SYSPLEX configurations using SMP/E and UNIX.
- Develop IOCP/MVSCP of z/OS systems, modifications via HCD, as well as z/VM directory builds and modifications and NCP, FTP, TCPIP profiles and VTAM builds
Mainframe Shift Supervisor
- Responsible for all supervisory activities related to the ongoing functions of a high production volume, high CICS activity computer room.
- Supported production abends and all automated operations software necessary to maintain a good workflow.
- Ensured all personnel are trained and fully qualified to effectively support and meet all production commitments.
- Conducted daily turnovers with management to discuss production status, outstanding problems, and special processing considerations.
- Recommended solutions or changes to production workflow to eliminate repetitive problems and production delays.
- Responsible for all subordinates performance review.
- Operated and monitored large - scale computer systems, and their performances by means of all systems components and attributes.
- Interacted effectively with all users and Technical Support staff relative to inquires concerning jobs, workflows, CICS problems and system software problems.
- Created and maintained the Command Center procedure book.