- Senior Software Developer with over 20 years of programming experience and an emphasis on mainframe and web systems
- Highly focused and dedicated with Strong analysis skills and multi - tasking ability.
- Worked on mission critical and time sensitive projects under tight schedules.
- Problem solving, strong coding ability, apply standards, testing, and deployment.
- Design and analyze applications for efficiency, resiliency and maintainability.
- Experienced with full systems development lifecycle.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Effective communicator and team/lead player.
IDEs: MS Visual C++, Spring Source Tool Suite, Eclipse, Dream Weaver
APIs/Frameworks: Spring Framework, J2EE, JSP
Operating Systems: IBM z/OS, MVS, UNIX, OS/390, Windows
Databases: VSAM, DB2, ADABAS, ADASQL, MSSQL, IMS/DB
Other: CICS, TSO, ISPF, Roscoe, File Aid, Endeavor, Expediter, Easytrive plus, Panvalet, Changeman, IBM Websphere, Open Text Red Dot CMS, Vignette, MS Word, Excel, MS Office, Photo Shop, Windows Server.
- Developing and Maintaining a Credit Card Information System - Servicing customers using Speedway gas stations and convenient stores.
- Designing, Developing, Programming and maintaining projects on IBM OS/390 mainframe computer using Natural, PL/1, COBOL, CICS, VSAM, DB2/SQL, JCL and ADABAS database data sources. Other system tools used are TSO, ISPF, ROSCOE, PANVALET, ROSETSO and Debug. Duties included on call system support.
Interactive Web Developer
- Performed staging presentations for account managers using HTML/CSS & FTP.
- Converted all project static files ( images, CSS style sheets, JS java scripts ) from the backend in Spring Source Framework to the front-end Open Text CMS.
- Developed a new structure to prevent lockup between developers.
- Developed unique coding of Red Dot Smart Edit text using HTML & CSS on the content classes of the company projects.
Confidential - Kansas City, MO
Senior Software Developer
- Instrumental in designing, developing, programming and maintaining a H ealth Insurance Information System - Integrated Pharmacy Network System GUI, which is used by Argus health insurance customers such as CIGNA and Humana.
- Designed, Developed and maintained projects on IBM z/OS mainframe computer using COBOL, Natural, CICS, VSAM, JCL and ADABAS, DB2/SQL database data sources and the front-end system with Microsoft Visual C++. Other system tools used are TSO, ISPF, FileAid, Endeavor, Expediter, Easytrive plus and Panvalet.
- Extensive experience with MVS application programming environment.
- Developed and maintained Natural programs using ADABAS data source, as well as using Natural programs for testing and debugging purposes.
- Engineered a software interface between the front-end and the backend systems in order to transfer the data. The system uses View Manager Automated Work Distribution (AWD) and TCP-IP connection.
- Designed, developed and maintained various applications using Java J2EE and Websphere, Apache Struts and Spring framework.
- Designed and implemented a connection to access DB2/SQL medical claims history database, residing on UNIX system.
- Continuous Quality Assurance and testing of client-requested modifications.
- Worked on conversion and expansion projects for Sprint and MCI.
- Designed and Developed for MECCA network expansion and production support using TSO, COBOL, NATURAL, JCL, CICS, ADABAS and ADASQL.
- Designed and Developed for NTAS II project using TSO, COBOL, JCL, VSAM and CICS.
- Designed and Developed for promotion system projects such as PDS, OPUS, PDPS, and CUBS using TSO, COBOL, JCL, CICS, VSAM, DB2 and ADABAS.
- Managed various projects using IBM Information Management System (IMS).