- 16+ years of experience in IT industry mainly in development and enhancement of Mainframe projects in Insurance and Healthcare domains involving full Software Development Life Cycle.
- Highly motivated, organized and result oriented IT professional with excellent reasoning and communication skills. Primary career focus has been in managing medium to large Development teams, handling end to end development and testing activities and implementing as well as managing Delivery of excellence.
- In depth knowledge of the SDLC as well as STLC in Waterfall, Iterative and Agile methodologies
- Worked on both distributed and mainframe application development
- Good experience in Implementation and support of large mainframe projects.
- Extensive Experience in developing software applications on IBM Mainframe platform using CICS 5.2, Z/OS 2.2, Z/OS Connect EE 3.0, Z/OS Explorer 3.1.1, Java 64 bit SDK for Z/OS 8.0, DB2 (Mainframe) version 11, IBM ITX tool, Pega V7.3, Java, Spring, AIX LPARS, Data power,, ETL, JSON, API Gateway,, COBOL, MVS, JCL, DB2, CICS, VSAM, NATURAL, FILEAID, PANVALET, CHANGEMAN, ENDEVOR, TSO/ISPF, MQ SERIES, CICS WEB SERVICES, SAS, SOAPUI, ASSEMBLER, Data power, .NET, JAVA and is well versed with RDBMS like DB2 and on Windows platform using C++, VB
- Experience in following domains: P&C, Auto and Commercial Insurance. Has been playing vital role in various fields, Insurance Business Automation, execution of large size projects.
- Extensive experience in creating DB2 Stored Procedures using COBOL
- Worked on both Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Experience with Application Programming Interfaces with RESTful services.
- Experience creating technical specifications for a Test Driven development methodology.
- Maintenance, testing, performance tuning and implementation of applications.
- Worked as Mainframe Technical lead in Development, Maintenance, Enhancement and Migration projects using Mainframe Technologies.
- Acquired expertise in PMSC (Policy Management System Corporation) Insurance products.
- Involved in many projects which needs .Net and Mainframes changes and have excellent experience in supporting .Net team
- Involved in Designing documents(Application Flow Diagrams) using VISIO, developing the code using version control tools, self - review and Code Walk through, performing defect management and loading the test scripts in HP Quality Center, Scheduling the jobs and Monitoring using CA7
- A part of the Lean deployment team. Have demonstrated the required Lean knowledge, skills and contributions to the project and a certified LEAN Change Agent.
- Certified IIW (Insurance Information Warehouse) trainer. IIW is engineered to consolidate data from disparate systems, helping insurers to build a comprehensive and accurate picture of the customer and business.
- Worked in real time business applications and took part in activities like system study, design, Functional design, writing program specifications, development, test designing and testing. Involved in, coding and testing phases.
- Very efficient in preparing technical Flowcharts and Business logic flows
- Extensive experience working with troubleshooting production problems
- Proficient in obtaining project requirements from user and manager, formulating the requirements into design specs, preparing system specifications, assigning tasks to team members, and tracking project progress
- Self-motivated and enjoy working in a technically challenging environment. Have excellent Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent work ethics, self-motivated, quick learner and team oriented. Continually provided value added services to the clients through thoughtful experience and excellent communication skills.
- Expertise in documentation using MS-Office Tools like MS-Word, MS-Excel, Visio and Power Point.
Platforms: IBM Mainframes, Windows
Operating Systems: IBM OS/390, MVS/ESA, TSO/ISPF, Windows
Langua, ges: Pega V7.3, Z/OS 2.2, Z/OS Connect EE 3.0Z/OS Explorer 3.1.1, Java 64 bit SDK for Z/OS 8.0, DB2 (Mainframe) version 11, AIX LPARS, Data power, Ab Initio, Java, COBOL, JCL, CICS 5.2, CLIST, REXX, ISPF panel programming, SAS. ADABAS, CICS web services, MQ series, C++, VB, and Natural, Assembly
Databases/Data stores: MS Access, DB2, Lotus Notes, MySQL, VSAM, GDG files, flat files, DB2 V8.0, DB2 V10.0, Stored procedures, Oracle 10g
IBM Tools: IBM ITX, QMF, FILE-AID, DBX, DB2MENU, Easytrieve, Fault analyzer, File manager, SPUFI, ABEND AID, SYNCSORT, DUMP MASTER, DB2 MONITOR, SQL, IBM UTILITIES, SAVRS, IBM DB2 Command center
Debug Utilities: Compuware Xpediter, INTERTEST, Debug
Design tools: MS VISIO
Version Control tools: Serena Changeman, PANVALET, LOGBOOK, Endevor
DB2 performance tools: TOAD, DB2 data studio, PL/SQL
Job Scheduler: CA7
General Tools: Microsoft office Suite Tools, RMS, HP Quality Center, BMS, USD, Test harness, SOAPUI, Fitness. MBC (service desk express), Share point, Beyond compare, Ratabase
Web Related: XML, Pure XML, XSD, HTML, Data power
Project Management: MS-PROJECT, QUALITY PROCEDURES, SEI-CMM LEVEL 5.
Confidential - Reston VA
Senior Mainframe Developer
- Gathering Business requirements and discussion with Clients on clarification of queries
- Reviewing the requirements during cross functional team meetings with business, product and Actuarial
- Proficient in formulating the requirements into design specs, preparing system specifications, assigning tasks to applicable teams and tracking project progress
- Preparing mainframe design documents for high level and technical solutions
- Researches and evaluates new and/or alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost effective application programming solution consistent with strategic Direction
- Providing technical advice and guidance to the project team
- Involved in Analysis, Coding and testing of the modules using COBOL/ DB2/CICS and VSAM.
- Used Mainframe Expeditor tool to debug programs
- Hands on Experience in EDI transactions including 834, 837.
- Working with DBA's, Data Architect for creations of new DB2 tables for new projects
- Work on creating the Design for the NCPS project by coordinating with integrating teams
- Co-ordinate release activities at the time of project deployment to migrate WSDL, WESBIND, COBOL, JCL, DB2 changes to production
- Worked on WGS system that routes claims into queues based on several factors (e.g. like member’s eligibility, the type of service being billed, or the place of services billed
- Improved the performance of Database queries.
- Identified the Cause for the Abends using Abend Aid.
- Prepared / Modified the Test Input files using File Aid.
- Worked on DB2 Performance Tuning to improve access paths for tables.
- Developed Assembly language code to design, develop, implement and maintain new IT solutions and changes/enhancements to existing solutions that align with business initiatives
- Worked on and prepared documentation for Coding, Unit Testing, SIT, install Process.
- Unit test changes using SOAPUI, Test harness
- Prepare Test scripts for testing and Create executable unit test cases for the new functionality developed using HP Quality Center.
- Capture the test execution results in HP Quality Center and upload necessary screen shots and results of testing.
- Expertise in SQL and PL/SQL programming, developing complex code units. Experience in data migration/conversation using SQL*Loader. Experience in Data migration using import and export
- Prepare an RCA (Root Cause Analysis) on all the defects(Defect Management).
- Prepare / identify and execute regression test cases to ensure the new functionality has not affected existing functionality of the system.
- Monitored the Jobs for Post Production Support activities using Ca7 and provided the continuous Primary support to the application Jobs.
- Coded and tested JCL, PROCS for Batch processing
- Automated day-to-day tasks using REXX, CLIST.
- Worked on Performance Tuning to improve production table spaces scans that will reduce overall CPU and locking consumption
- Used File-Aid DB2 to access data from DB2 and File-Aid for VSAM files.
- Responsible for analyzing, designing, implementing, testing, and maintaining all new flat file, pipe delimited mapping documents and implementation guide.
- Mentored team members on implementation guides standardization, and maintaining mapping practices. Created standard framework for cross references and transaction tracking.
- Write complex queries using SPUFI to perform various operations on DB2
- Maintain and enhance existing client applications and internal systems to improve integration.
- Establish Quality Procedure for the team and continuously monitor and audit to ensure team meets quality goals.
- Perticipating in Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) and Additional Design Specifications (ADS) meetings with bussiness teams to get crear understanding between application functionality and business requirements for finding any ambiguity, incompleteness or incorrectness, so that requirements are technically feasible.
- Understanding the complete client requirements and analysing the axisting ADB system to incorporate the changes..
- Performed multiple roles as a Technical Architect, Technical Lead, Senior Developer proficient in obtaining project requirements from user and manager, formulating the requirements into design specs, preparing system specifications, assigning tasks to team members, and tracking the progress.
- Preparation of high level design HLD document from client requirement
- Preparation of low level design LLD document (Technical Specifications).
- Guiding the development team and resolving their technical & implementtation issues.
- Preparation of test plans including unit and technical assembly testing.
- Development of Batch and Online mainframe modules using java, COBOL, CICS, JCL, Java, DB2, VSAM, UNIX
- Experience supporting an Oracle database accessed
- Experience setting up and managing Oracle 12c/13c
- Created and modified test and production JCLs/Procs / Parms as per the requirements
- Actively used SPUFI, QMF, PLATINUM, STORED PROCS, & DB2 Utilities and involved into SQL Tuning work efforts.
- Performed major role in system and user acceptance testing which entailed developing test cases and scenarios, coordinating and executing tests, and analyzing test results Coordinating and Conducting Unit, System and System Integration testing
- Production Support for the post Implementation changes and documenting all changes and reference material,
- Answering Queries raised by customer/user.
- Adhoc Reporting using DFSORT/ICETOOL and MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Providing fixes for reported program errors
- Qualify delivery, meeting client’s delivery dates, adhering to delivery guidelines.
- Automated the ISO reporting and edit correction process
- Providing support in development, integration, QA and Production environments
- Planned AGOP Project from Rollout to implementation. Resource allocation and Effort (hours) distribution
- Re-designed Reinsurance application, including reporting by state and company. And came up with a new features and attributes for the application.
- Created a knowledge repository for the system specific cross functional training
- Supported capability for adding a new dimension to the formula for earning premium within Month-End that are used in the new model (retrieval, entry, update, display, storage) as needed
- Planned, designed and base lined a unique process of reporting the data in XML format to DMV’s which is first of its nature
- Modification to the class block information captured and made available to the actuaries
- Creation of a new estimation tool for Duplicate load library project
- Implementation of a new Loss Experience Adjustment process.
- Expands the transactions in order to provide accurate data for statutory and bureau reporting
- Ensuring that our company’s service level agreements (SLAs) are systematically met.