IT Mainframe Security Contractor
- Mainframe Security programming development in complex COBOL, SQL, SAS, JCL, and (VSAM, QSAM, DB2) file access methods using AGILE methodology for Banking. Utilization of Endevor for version control and installations of updates and new changes.
- Active Agile team member to research Epics and creation of Stories for Sprints. Tasks included team planning, Sprint capacity, grooming of stories, ensuring that work was completed according to the Definition of Acceptance.
- Responsibilities included On - Call, production support, maintenance support, and new development for platform security updates. Also, responsible for the Emergency ID processing platform.
- Researched and resolved Production Incidents in a timely manner to minimize client impact.
- Responsible for Disaster Recovery participation to verify full recovery for Global Information Securities area and Emergency ID activation. Verification of Platform feeds for Active Directory updates.
- Constantly increasing IT knowledge as well as continuously developing leadership, customer, and technical skills. Trainer and mentor for new employees and current employees.
- Programming development in complex COBOL, COBOL II, SAS, and ALC languages, JCL, and (VSAM - QSAM - IMS - DB2 - SQL) file access methods using Waterfall and AGILE methodologies.
- Project lead for a team of 6 to 18 developers for 10,000+ hour Fire, Auto, and Life Insurance development projects with on-time delivery rate. Responsibilities included Technical and user training, as well as doing full-time development work.
- Provided mainframe development and support for Banking, Insurance: Life, Annuities, Fire - Private and Commercial, and Auto.
- Active Agile team member to research Epics and creating Stories for Features. Task included as a team planning PI Sprints capacity, grooming of stories, ensuring that work was completed according to the Definition of Done.
- Responsible for 16 Insurance application CICS Online and Batch systems. Responsible for maintenance, production, and new development.
- Release coordinator for small technical development projects of 100 to 1500 hours that were dependent and codependent upon all changes implementing in the same Production issuance.
- Research and resolve Production Incidents in a timely manner to minimize client impact.
- Primary Subject Matter Expert providing support for Insurance Application teams to support the resolution in design, development, testing, and run time issues.
- Responsible for annual Disaster Recovery participation for assigned Fire Area to verify full recovery.