- A competent professional in the field of Mainframes with 6 years of experience .
- Extensive knowledge in requirement gathering, analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, documentation and maintenance of IBM Mainframe applications
- Experience working in the domain of Insurance & Banking applications. Extensive hands on experience on IBM Mainframe Application programming
- Excellent working knowledge in Application design, Development, Testing and Production support.
- Ability to multi - task work across different applications. Diverse work experience with different functionalities of the application, with Development and Support projects
- Extensive experience in creating High Level Design(HLD) and Low Level Design (LLD).
- Perform impact analysis and provide solutions to user’s change requests.
- Very good experience in trouble shooting.
Mainframe: COBOL, JCL, VSAM, DB2, EASYTRIEVE, IDMS, IMS
Tools: Xpeditor, File-Aid, DB2 - QMF, ENDEVOR, CICS, IBM MQ
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Analysis and Understanding the requirements and functional specifications.
- Followed design and coding standards to facilitate the development of a flexible and robust data models and to deliver a quality product to the business customers .
- Created design document and suggested modification to programs as per technical specifications and based on the existing functionality and requirements.
- Coding, developing, modifying COBOL/DB2, CICS, Easytrieve programs and jobs in both online and batch environments.
- Implemented new COBOL/IDMS programs & jobs in order to extract data from legacy IDMS policy centre databases to load them into Informatica database.
- Identifying the repeated activities in the processes and developing automation utilities.
- Execute impact analysis for requirement changes, finding affected list of programs and homogeneous implementation.
- Responsible for correct versioning of code by creating and moving the requests using endevor.
- Fostered a detailed testing strategy and performed IUT.
- Defect tracking and monitoring and on time delivery.
- Ensuring that the Quality standards are followed and Responsible for the final delivery.
Environment: z/OS, z/LINUX, IDMS, JCL, COBOL, Easytrieve, CICS, VSAM, Endevor, TSO, File-Aid, XPED, DB2.
Mainframe Developer & Support Analyst
- Work on user raised incidents and batch incidents
- Analyse online and batch issues and fix them
- Monitor the OPC error handling and fix the jobs in error
- Deal with priority issues and provide an immediate workaround to users
- Deal with MQ issues
- Prepare SPUFI to update the data in DB2
- Unload the policy from Production and load into lower region to analyze and find out the bug.
- Debug using the IBM Debug tool and identify the root cause
- Raise change requests to implement the SPUFI
- Raise problem record in case of repeat of incidents and fix the problem permanently
- Analysis and Understanding the requirements and functional specifications
- Compose a solution document and share it with the subject matter expert to get the approval.
- Created detailed technical design specification for enhancing the batch programs based on the existing functionality and requirements, care was taken to re-use most of the existing components/ modules.
- Implemented new batch process utilizing COBOL, DB2, JCL, Easytrieve to capture the updates from up-streams through nightly batch.
- Performed Peer review, log any issues and track till it is closed
- Responsible for correct versioning of code by creating and moving the requests using Endevor
- Status Reporting and Responsible for the final delivery
Environment: z/OS, JCL, COBOL, IMS, Eastrieve, SPUFI, IBM - MQ, File Aid, ASSEMBLER.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Participated in client discussions to understand the requirements of the project.
- Identified the impacts and changes required in the current batch and online flows.
- Provides design development of projects involving COBOL development, migrations, and additions to existing applications.
- Conceived unit, system, integration, functional, and performance test plans.
- Provides regular status to Project Manager and development team.
- Provided support for Deployment implementation.
- Defect tracking and monitoring and ensuring on time delivery.
Environment : COBOL, REXX, JCL, EAZYTRIEVE, CICS, CA7 Scheduler