- Software developer with over fifteen years of experience in analysis, design, development, testing, maintenance, and support of revenue accounting and financial system applications, in government and private sectors. Committed to product quality, on time delivery, and team spirit.
Operating systems: IBM/MVS, UNIX, DOS and Windows.
Programming Languages: VS COBOL, COBOL II, JCL, IDMS batch, IDMS online, IDD, ADS/O, OLM, C, C++, Java, Visual Basic 6.0, VB Script, MS Active Server Pages, and HTML.
Tools: and utilities: TSO ISPF, VSAM, File - Aid, Viasoft, Xpediter, Control-M, Handyman (UT102), Sort, Joinkeys, ICETOOL, other JCL utilities, DMLO, OLQ, Culprit, Panvalet, SAS, SQL, IBM Spufi, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS VISIO.
Databases: IDMS, DB2, and MS Access.
Debugger Utilities: ADS/ALIVE, Viasoft, and Xpediter.
- Completed SASI (San Francisco Accounting System Integration) Cost Accounting and Maintenance Sales research and analysis for documenting its detailed processing, interfaces, and reporting for migration to Oracle systems and application decommissioning.
- Completed Inactive Inventory subsystem function research and analysis for determining a solution to a production issue where inventory quantity and cost was decremented in error over a period of three months. Using a manual input function and prior detail reports we restored inventory deleted in error successfully.
- Completed legacy United WALKER airplane parts purchase order (PO) data migration to Continental SCEPTRE application for airlines merger Technical Operations day one (TOD1). Implemented 121 dress rehearsal batch jobs into production jobs and automated the process by scheduling them in Control-M for PO data preload and cutover extracts. The process completed successfully, two hours ahead of expected time and with a 98+% accuracy.
Senior Mainframe Programmer Analyst
- Automated the process to send debit memo write-offs and receive payments to and from collection agencies by establishing electronic transmissions and monthly reports. This process expedited the collection of payments efficiently.
- Implemented changes to the credit card receivables system to comply with the current VISA/MasterCard Chase merchant services and Discover Network settlement file specifications by rewriting the existing processes.
- Implemented changes to the employee travel ticket pricing system to waive economy fares in all markets by program and table modifications.
- Designed, developed and implemented a reporting process to clarify the accounting re-distribution of unallocated revenue generated by ticket coupons missing market and service class. This reporting tool did not exist and provided needed information to Confidential accountants during revenue closings.
- Designed, developed and implemented a reporting process to extract flown tickets having aged coupons (unused coupons). This tool helped accountants during revenue closing and the ticket fraud department to recover hundreds of thousands of revenue lost to travel agencies practicing illegal ticket sales.
- Designed, developed and implemented processes to extract Confidential (UA) ticket sales, other Airlines (OA) ticket sales, and UA and OA lifts for the A++ joint venture with Air Canada, Lufthansa, and Continental Airlines. These processes provide the ticket data for the A++ revenue sharing agreement.
- Designed, developed and implemented a process to extract Aer Lingus (EI) lifts for Enhanced Codeshare revenue sharing between Confidential and Aer Lingus in the Washington to Madrid, Spain, market. The process includes database extracts and reports sent via email attachments to business users.
- Implemented changes to the employee travel market pricing for the Confidential and Continental Airlines merger employee travel day one. These changes included adding new zonal employee discount (ZED) fare market prices for Continental and Continental partner Airline employees traveling on Confidential flights, for ticket pricing. And, adding continental buddy market fares for Confidential employees traveling on Continental Airlines flights, for imputed income calculations.
- Designed, developed, and implemented a process that extracts SOURCE CORP paper lifts for Continental ticket revenue accounting system (RASCAL) data migration. The process includes capturing UA and OA lifts, matching lifts to flight itinerary, and transmitting completed lifts to RASCAL on their existing schedule.
- Developed a process to extract 2010 and 2011 historical lift data for RASCAL migration. Extracted UA and OA lifts from ticket databases, ticket archived tapes, Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) databases, and A++ joint venture database. Formatted and transmitted these lifts in a total of 263 files to RASCAL.
- Completed development of a process to collect GBS outstanding debit memo ticket issue date and passenger name from the ticket database, for one time extract, after PRAS shut down. Run the process for the final outstanding debit memo tickets on March 3 rd, 2012.
- Completed the final production ticket database sweep to extract all airline traffic liability (ATL) audited open (file 1), ATL unaudited (file 2), not ATL (file 3), unmatched (file 4), manual corrections (file 6), special service tickets (SST) transportation and SST declining balance documents (DBD), truly declining balance documents (DBD) with positive balance (file 5), and taxes (file 7) for files 1 and 2. Files 1 and 2 extract matched 99.9% of production open coupon reconciliation report. These extracts were sent to RASCAL for ticket data migration merger.
- Completed the final electronic ticket inquiry system (ETIS) ticket migration database extract of 2012 aged nonrefundable (AGNR), revoked, and reinstated tickets for RASCAL historical data and AGNR applicable ticket use.
Senior Mainframe Programmer Analyst
- Performed problem identification and solution by analysis and implementation of pre-defined workarounds to get the system up and running.
- Implemented permanent fixes to reoccurring problems.
- Performed additional tasks such as basic and major enhancements as required by Confidential, and defined by a specific work order.
- Maintained support procedures by documenting new and recurring problems.
Mainframe System Analyst/Programmer
- Developed an on-line function to utilize “slip printers” from IDMS online applications through EXTRA 3270 emulators in PC Windows’s environment.
- Developed a pilot Client Server Application in MS Visual Basic and MS Access to automate building inspections by county inspectors in the Building and Zoning department. Converted this VB pilot application to a web application to be implemented in hand held devices. Developed in Microsoft Active Server Pages, VB Script, HTML, and MS Access.