Mainframe programmer analyst with over 20 years of experience. Worked with project management and business organizations to find and implement IT solutions for tax reporting, billing and order processing systems using full project life cycle. Led and mentored team members in an understanding of the processing of various backend systems and the interaction with front end customer interfacing applications.
AGILE Methodology, Kepner Tregeo project management, Six Sigma, The Demaic Methodology
SOFTWARE: CICS, DB2, IMS, MQ SERIES, JCL, TSO/ISPF, VSAM IMS/DB, DC, ZOS, MVS/ESA, Oracle, SQL Server 2000
LANGUAGES: COBOL, COBOL II, PL/I, ASSEMBLER, SQL, XML, MFS, Visual Basic, Access
ANCILLARY SKILLS: FILE AID, Sync Sort, QMF, DTS packages, SQL plus, XPEDITER, BMC Utilities, INTERTEST, IMS - EXPERT, BTS, LIBRARIAN, ENDEVER, MICROSOFT WORD, EXCEL, PROJECT, POWERPOINT & ACCESS, LOTUS NOTES
Tax Reporting Technology: COBOL II, CICS, DB2, VSAM
- Primary responsibilities included analysis, detail design, coding and testing for enhancements to brokerage tax reporting applications.
- The main project was adding the functionality to provide account details for IRA holders for an outside vendor.
- This included all securities held along with yearly beginning and ending balances for tax purposes.
- Also did system and user acceptance testing of data gathering software to provide tax documents for clients and federal and state governments.
Senior Systems Engineer
- COBOL II, CICS, DB2, MQ Series, XML
- Deliver solutions for business and customer issues that are caused by technical failures in the Confidential billing application.
- This entails collaborating with various interfacing applications and outside vendors to provide software resolutions or data clean-up. Vision is the backend mainframe portion of a very large and complex multi-platform system designed with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). It supports the billing, provisioning and message processing for Confidential .
- Primary responsibilities include root cause resolution and mainframe development to reduce recurring issues and quick resolution for top priority issues.
- This requires working with the business utilizing AGILE principles to provide requirements, technical design and program specification documents, along with the leadership of coding, testing and post production implementation support.
- Provide training of system design and architecture for other team members by creating and sharing extensive documentation.
- For example; worked with front end application to understand how to access their test application and use their tools to analyze transactions between their application and Vision.
- This allowed our team to reproduce production issues and drive to root cause resolution.
- Routinely meet with business teams and members of other IT organizations to resolve issues involving multiple applications.
- For example; worked with IT members from IVR (Interactive Voice Response) and POS (Point of Sale), and business teams from revenue assurance and customer service to address device activations coming thru IVR and POS that did not get recorded in Vision.
- This resulted in a 3.45% reduction in activation failures in 1 month alone. This would equate to an increase of approximately 20,000 successful activation orders in that month.
- COBOL II, CICS, DB2, VSAM
- Analysis, detail design, coding and testing for enhancements to a medical insurance application.
- Added the functionality to process eligibility requests for multiple term years.
Confidential, Skillman, New Jersey
IM Technical Lead
- COBOL II, CICS, DB2, VSAM
- Responsible for leading projects and project teams including technical staff while interfacing with business users.
- This required the use of project management skills and methodolgy; including Kepner Tregoe project management and Six Sigma methodology.
- Act as a technical leader in the organization who is available to assist other team members. Use this expertise along with understanding of the business to identify business partner needs and solve business problems.
- Part of a team which supports Pathfinder, an order to cash mainframe system using CICS, DB2 and COBOL and SQL server with interfaces to EDI and WebMethods, .
- Primary support for ELMO, our internet order entry site. This site utilizes JAVA, WebMethods, Oracle and SQL server.
Confidential, Piscataway, New Jersey
- COBOL II, IMS DB/DC, MFS, VSAM
- Worked on the Direct Distribution Project for Endo and Ethican.
- Analyzed, designed, coded and tested the assignment of carriers that would allow products to be delivered to customers within a 3 day maximum.
- Also encompassed adding a new fee structure for these customers.
- Worked on a new trade promotions system in a SQL2000/Server environment.
- This involved the retrieval and restructuring of data from many mainframe DB2 tables to be sent to the server via FTP (file transfer process).
- Analyze, code and test the loading of forecasting data from an Oracle, UNIX system into DB2 tables.
- Subsequently unloading that data and putting it into a format for EDI transactions to be sent to Confidential & Confidential customers.
Confidential, East Brunswick, New Jersey
- PL/I, COBOL II, VSAM, IMS/DB,DC, DB2
- Analyze COBOL II and PL/1 code, create test plans, test, and implement for necessary Y2K changes, these programs are IMS DB/DC
- Perform production support for BAC and LCAS, both large Confidential & Confidential billing systems, by investigating any problems and making the necessary coding changes.
- Act as a technical leader for members of the BAC Y2K team.