- I have created numerous Business Requirement Documents, Functional Requirement Documents, Design and Specification Documents and Test Plans/Decision Tables.
- I have solid testing skills as a user and as a technician with a strong knowledge of SQL and testing methodologies.
- I have modernized and re - architected batch processes resulting in the nightly batch window being reduced by 75%.
- I have developed and enforced best practices and standards which resulted in enterprise-wide reduction in defects to less than 3%.
- I have led many technical teams in the past with a no-nonsense approach yet at the same time consider my team my family and friends, treating them with respect while earning theirs.
- I am at ease communicating with technical and non-technical peers as well as management and clients.
- I have proven myself as a dependable and responsive teammate working at a remote location from my employer.
- My reputation is that of the go-to person who is called upon to get the job done when a task is very complex, highly visible or otherwise mission-critical.
- I have learned that adversity is best overcome with honest and open communication between all parties involved in solving the problem and remembering that we've all prevailed in past crises and we will this time as well.
- Xpediter, FileAid
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Tivoli Workload Scheduler (TWS)
- Endevor, Changeman
- VSAM, DB2, Datacom
- DB2 Stored Procedures
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
Lead Mainframe Developer
- Providing remote mainframe development and 24x7 support for the Business Online Banking product.
- Providing all development, enhancement and support for mainframe host environment of bank’s mainframe commercial banking system. This system is a web-based application using CICS CTG/CTS and MQSeries to interface with the host system.
- Working directly with Java developers to enhance existing and develop new shell scripts that are part of the server to host/host to server message process.
- Performing SOX/PCI remediation analysis, documentation and enhancements as required.
- Developing and enhancing processes that interface with Hogan CIS, Fiserv and ACH bank systems.
- Assisting in setting direction for new scheduling and file-transfer protocols as company makes transition from Zeke to Control-M. Providing consultation as other new software packages are considered to help determine impact to both the mainframe system and its developers.
Skills Used: COBOL, JCL, VSAM, DB2, FILEAID, TSO, ABENDAID, XPEDITER, CICS, CTS, CTG, Zeke, Control-M, Shell scripting
Confidential, Tampa, FL
- Providing leadership and business/technical solutions for Policy Administration and Enrollment team working for a health insurance carrier Third Party Administrator (TPA).
- Project lead/lead developer for Policy Administration and Enrollment processes related to the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Developing DB2 stored procedures used by CICS-based application which makes use of CICS CTG/CTS/TCP/IP and MQSeries to connect with web-based front-end. The system in turn interfaces with CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) as well as state and federal insurance exchanges.
- Made use of EDI 834 and 820 formats to facilitate participant enrollments in health care plans.
- Lead developer for on-boarding of Florida Blue Group and Consumer lines of business. Developed statistical reports to provide audit trails for each phase of the conversion. Worked directly with the carrier to perform gap analysis and issue resolution. Continuing to work directly with carrier to provide on-going enhancements and support.
- Provided technical consultation and support during initial on-boarding of Blue Shield California's on-exchange and off-exchange business. Continuing to perform enhancements and technical research and support as carrier needs warrant. Familiar with FACETS technology used by Blue Cross of California.
- Working directly with executive staff to establish best practices and procedures to continually increase quality with each software release.
Skills Used: COBOL, JCL, VSAM, DB2, DB2 Stored Procedures, INSYNC, CHANGEMAN, TSO, EZTRIEVE, CICS, CTG, CTS, EXCI, Web Services, XML, MQSeries, TWS
- Hired as one of first five associates to staff and lead new Tampa office location.
- Supported Confidential claims processing system specifically related to TRICARE insurance for active and retired members of the military and their dependents.
- Obtained Department of Defense Top Secret clearance in association with handling secure data processed for TRICARE.
Skills Used: COBOL, JCL, VSAM, DB2, FILEAID, TSO, ABENDAID, XPEDITER, CICS