An Information Technology professional with over 29 years of experience. This experience includes a working environment of IBM mainframe, Unix, and Windows based systems.
Languages: COBOL, VS COBOL II, LE370 COBOL, Micro Focus COBOL, SQL (Stored Procedures), Easytrieve Plus, CICS, CLIST, ISPF Dialogue Manager, HTML, XML, Natural, MVS/OS/JCL, VSE/DOS/JCL.
Databases /Files: DB2, SQL Server, Oracle, Datacom/db, Adabase, Teradata, Microsoft Access, VSAM, EDI Transactions.
Tools: SPUFI, QMF, TOAD, SQL Assistant, Data File Tools, File - Aid, Beyond Compare, Ultra Edit, Syncsort, IDCAMS, Endevor, Librarian, Panvalet, Changeman, Rational (ClearCase/ClearDDTS), Mercury/HP (Test Director/Astra QTP/WinRunner/TSL), Macro 4 (Dumpmaster/Tracemaster/Insync), Xpediter, Intertest, Control-M, Control-D, Remedy, Microsoft Suite, JIRA, ISPF, Roscoe, ICCF, SPMOL, Visual Studio, TFS, FTP, MQ Series/FTF, XMTIP/SMTP, Connect:Direct, NDM, Abend-Aid, BMSGT.
Methodologies/Environments: JAD, SDLC, MDM (Master Data Management), SCM (Supply Chain Management), Agile Process, Scrum, Waterfall Process, Storyboard, eCommerce, Wireless, Healthcare, MMIS, Insurance, Retail, Financial, Utilities, Transportation, Travel, Government.
Platforms/Environment: s: IBM Mainframe (SMS, LPAR, TSO), Unix, Azure, Micro Focus Enterprise Developer, Windows 3.11/95/98/2000/ NT/XP/7/8/10.
Mainframe Transformation Consultant
- Responsibilities consist of analysis, development and testing of software in coordination with US based and off-shore based team members.
- Some of the aspects involved in the conversion process are Structure File creation, COBOL to Micro Focus COBOL, DB2 to SQL Server, Easytrieve Plus to Micro Focus COBOL.
- The application systems are within a Supermarket Retail environment.
Senior Programmer Analyst/Quality Assurance Analyst
- Supports the Mainframe to .NET server based conversion process.
- Updates User Stories and Task using Visual Studio TFS (Team Foundation Server) and creates problem tickets within JIRA. Systems focused on are EFT, One Time Credit Card, Recurring Credit Card, Cash Payments, IVR and Returns These systems are on IBM Mainframe and Microsoft Azure platform which encompass Batch, CICS, WSDL, DB2 and SQL Server.
- Setup test environments and execute for Unit, System, Integration and Smoke Testing.
- Promote code through various stage levels and provide release implementation support along with ongoing production support.
Sr Mainframe Programmer Analyst/QA Analyst
- Designed and coded the process to automatically forward denied applicants for the state MMIS system.
- This process was created to fulfill requirements regarding the Affordable Care Act. Performed duties as a technical liaison between information technology staff of internal and external customers.
- Coordinated the effort to upgrade to new IBM Tools (File Manager, Fault Analyzer, Debug, etc) to replace current tools (File-Aid, Abend-Aid, etc) which were no longer going to be supported.
- Some of the skills used in accomplishing this role are COBOL (Mainframe and Micro Focus), CICS, MVS/JCL, SharePoint, SQL, DB2, QMF.
Senior Programmer Analyst/QA Analyst
- Provided analysis, coding, and documentation to assist with the implementation of multiple systems which included Finance,, Provider, Claims, Drug Rebate, Healthcheck, TPL(Private and Medicare Parts A/B-Original, C-MA plan, D) via MAC, Recipient, eCommerce, MARS, Managed Care and EIS.
- Created Unit and String Test Plans/Test Cases.
- Executed test cases, verified results, and made appropriate coding changes to resolve all outstanding bugs. Analyzed code and modified code to accommodate the ICD9-10 migration.
- Modified code to accommodate.
- Led the effort for creation of JCL and ZEKE scheduling for all 11 subsystems.
- Interacted with North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services to help resolve any outstanding coding/design issues and resolve them within a timely manner.
- This was accomplished with the utilization of COBOL II, CICS, SQL/DB2, Endevor, File-Aid, MVS/JCL, MVS/XA, SharePoint and Report to Web.
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
- With minimal direction writes scripts and executes test cases during functional/system/integration testing.
- Analyzes business and technical requirements to create detailed test cases/scripts.
- Writes detailed defect reports and work with developers and other project team members to resolution.
- Ensures compliance with all Confidential 's SDLC processes.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem solving skills with strong oral and written communication skills
- Adapts to a wide variety of situations while utilizing multiple test techniques along with converting business and system requirements into positive and negative test cases.
- Technical experiences include SQL (Teradata and DB2), COBOL, JCL, CICS, SQL Assistant, IBM Mainframe, Client Server, mapping documents, defect tracking, and COBOL programming.
Senior Programmer Analyst
- These systems were IBM Mainframe, Unix and Web based which encompassed CICS, Batch, DB2 and IVR (Interactive Voice Response).
- Provided production support and release implementation support for the insurance billing, payment and underwriting systems.
- Provided support to ensure all systems were PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliant.
- Received Six Sigma .
Senior Technical Analyst/Business Analyst/Programmer Analyst
- Responsibilities focused on the Global Business Initiative (GBI) which involved the expansion of Confidential stores into Canada and other subsequent international locations. Technical Analyst/Business Analyst responsibilities consisted of overall system analysis and reverse engineering to determine the necessary changes needed to expand the Transportation/Logistics systems into the international arena.
- This entailed creating Use Cases, Business Requirement Documentation (BRD), Technical System Design (TSD) and Program Specifications.
- Programmer Analyst responsibilities required analysis, design, coding and testing skills. Independently diagnosed application problems, design, code and test solutions as well as interface with the business partners.
- Also reviewed existing code to identify potential system issues and thoroughly documented all system changes.
Senior Programmer Analyst/Business Analyst
- Responsibilities consist of reviewing and analyzing subsystem requirements to produce an internal design consisting of program specifications, file descriptions, screen designs, record layouts, and workflows.
- Code, test, and debug programs from the internal design specifications. Assist in production of user documentation. Conduct walkthroughs of design and code for client and team peers.
- Assist in the system testing effort.
- Periodically provide guidance to the other programmers on the team.
- Business Analyst responsibilities consist of defining user functional requirements by translating development and/or maintenance requirements into specifications; creates data file and database designs.
- Analyze existing software for in corporation of desired enhancements. Perform detailed reviews and analysis of program changes in order to facilitate the development and conformance of system modifications.
- Formulate recommendations on alternative approaches to realize desired functionalities and/or enhancements and desired levels of performance.
- Prepare acceptance test plans and confirms results. Ensure that systems documentation is updated according to client and Confidential ’ standards.
- Hardware and languages consist of VS COBOL II, CICS, VSAM, DB2, SQL, SPUFI, Easytrieve Plus, File-Aid, Abend-Aid, Connect:Direct NDM, Windows 2000, TSO, ISPF, MVS/OS/JCL, IBM Mainframe.
- Also provide onsite and offsite support during all system installs (Go-Live) for Ahold’s OpCos.
- Maintain system standards and system development life cycle procedures.
- Perform coding, unit testing, system testing, and support. Languages and hardware consist of COBOL, VS COBOL II, CICS, VSAM, DB2, SQL, File-Aid, Insync, Tracemaster, Dumpmaster, MQ Series/FTF, FTP, XMTIP/SMTP, EDI, Control-M, Control-D, Windows 2000, TSO, ISPF, MVS/OS/JCL, IBM Mainframe.