- Recognized Expert in Information Technology Processes with an Emphasis on Virtualization and Cloud
- Comprehensive proven experience in building, implementing and supporting information technology (IT) systems.
- Tenaciously driven specialist in VMware and Azure in establishing and setting up Virtual and Cloud Environments.
- Proficient in team development, supervision, mentoring and training.
- VMware Partner Solution Provider.
Azure vSphere vRealize Operations Manager vCenter Solutions Design & Advice Server Hardening & Best Practices Team Lead and Supervision Capacity Management VMware Partner Solution Provider
Microsoft Professional Orientation: Cloud Administration & Cloud Fundamentals - Azure, VMware Professional Solution Provider, VMware Certified Professional (VCP) 6.5, 6, 5.5, 5.1, 5.0, 4, 3.5, 3.0, VMware SRM 5, 6, vCenter, VMware vRealize Operations Manager 5, 6.x, 7.0, ESXi 6.7, ESXi 6.5, VMware Loginsight, HA, DRS, EVC, vDS, vSAN, Update Manager, Infrastructure design and Engineering, Datacenter Migration, High level diagnostics and troubleshooting, w2016, w2012, w2008R2, w2008, w2003 & w2000 Server, Hyper V, Active Directory, Zerto, Hyper Converged, EMC Unisphere, EMC RecoverPoint, EMC VNX 52xx, Dell EqualLogic, HP OneView, PowerCLI, PowerShell, Dell Hardware, HP Hardware, Cisco UCS Hardware. Attachmate Extra, RMF, Work Load Manager.
Confidential, Johnston, RI
- Assess and perform systems utilization and headroom reports to assist in troubleshooting and performance tuning,
- Provide status reports to direct manager and director level leadership
- Track application performance metrics and report out to management,
- Create, maintain, and manage to project plans
- Problem-solving and attention to details.
Confidential, Southborough, MA
VMware/Cloud Senior Architect
- Senior VMware Architect contracted for best practice design/implementation and VM Hardening of Platform Infrastructure. vCenter 5.5 u2, Migration - vCenter 6.0 U2, uplifted entire 6.0 environment including 61 hosts and 1600 VMs in less than 48 hours into vCenter Server 6.5 Appliance upgrade. Upgraded 64 hosts in 15 days for significant cost reduction. Significantly reduced the support calls by 80%.
- Reduced footprint by 35% consolidating second vCenter server into 1 and retiring all support, licensing and on premise physical hardware.
- Deployed and facilitated cost and performance monitoring of resources and applications using vRealize Operations Manager 6.6, 7.0, Capacity Management, Right Sizing initiative project. Improving Virtual server performance by 33%.
- Deployed automated daily health checks via PowerShell scripts.
- Worked closely with DBA and application teams to improve performance by 27%.
- Deployed Log Insight 4.0 for log capture and analysis. Streamlined Cisco UCS B series Templates, Firmware.
- Design, document and execute technical implementation and operational support of Azure environment.
- Automated scripting using PowerShell, cutting down on deployment time, securing environment and providing consistency.
- Analyze system log files and determine appropriate course of action.
- Security Center, Azure Monitor, Advisor, Change Tracking, VM Reserved Instances, VM deployment Runbooks, PowerShell script creation, resource groups, VNets, Blob, LB, Availability Set, Quotas, storage accounts, Log Analytics Workspace, Insights, Inventory, unattached disks clean-up and VM Blob Diagnostics. Knowledge transfer and Workshops.
Confidential, Cranston, RI
VMware Senior Architect
- Senior VMware Architect contracted for design & best practice implementation and VM Hardening of VMware Infrastructure environment, ESXi 5.1, iSCSI storage, Unisphere, EMC VNX 5200 array firmware upgrade 5.33.008.5.119 , Dell EqualLogic firmware upgrade 7.1.11, storage group, Added an additional 14TB to Array, storage pool creation, LUN provisioning, deployment, implementation install, configuration and support of vRealize Operations Manager 6.2, rightsize environment reclaimed 92vCPU and 218GB of memory, rebuilt Virtual center 5.1 Build 2669725, re-designed virtual infrastructure network, VMware tools, vHardware upgrades, Deployed SRM 5.1, Upgraded to ESXi 6.0u2
- Upgraded 6.5 U2C, update manager, SRM 6, EMC RecoverPoint 220.127.116.11, P2V, migration, documentation, team mentoring and knowledge transfer.
- Increased server performance by 25%.
Confidential, Raritan, NJ
VMware Senior Consultant, Technical Lead Engineer
- Lead Triage Operational support for the largest VMware SDDC ever created, support of 8 Virtual Centers globally with 406 ESXi5.5 hosts, 8,313 virtual machines and growing daily, Supporting vROPs 6.x, vROPS support and monitoring of Operational Stack, established thresholds and policies for monitoring using vROPS, established procedures for daily monitoring for proactive monitoring, vROPs Dashboard creation per use case for streamlining troubleshooting of the virtual environment, NSX, Loginsight, IRIS, Service Now, system board replacement and reassignment of hardware profiles via HP OneView, w2012
- Assisted in onboarding and mentoring new colleagues, established standards and baselines for performance and optimization for Virtual Machines and ESXi Hosts, Virtual center alarm baselines, Documented Standard Operating Procedures.
- Streamlined Operations and organized team for greater efficiencies.
Confidential, East Providence, RI
VMware Senior Consultant
- Design and implementation of vRealize Operations Manager 6.1, met with each team to discover pain points and build dashboards per us cases, knowledge transfer.
Confidential, Riverside, RI
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
- VMware Lead SME for Tier 3 support of VMware environment.
- I have provided critical support and training to all Citizens teams of consultants and engineers as well as directing the customers we serve to utilize the latest technologies to save cost and improve stability and performance.
- Upgrade VMware vRealize Operations Manager from 18.104.22.16877145 to 22.214.171.12477145 and re-architect design for two sites to correct deployment .
- Manage 225 ESX/ESXi hosts running 2800 Virtual Servers. Mentor and train team members, participate in on-call rotation for critical outages.
- Rebuilt 130 Production ESX 4.0 hosts to ESX 4.1, including firmware in 35 days while performing day to day operations on HP G6 and G7 blades and 85 Production ESX 4.1 host to ESXi 5.1, including firmware in 22 days while performing daily operations on UCS B200 & B400 blades, configured ESX/ESXi hosts in HP SIM for hardware monitoring using WBEM protocol, build, configure and provide support to five 5.1 Virtual Centers for QA, DEV, DR and PROD.
Confidential, Framingham, MA
Senior VMware Architect/Engineer
- Monitored and supported 48 ESXi 4.1 hosts running 800 Virtual machines running on HP ProLiant BL460c G6-7.
- Mentored and trained team members.
- Implemented VMware Center Operations Manager, vKernel Capacity Manager and App Suite, vSphere 5 Test Environment running on 4 HP ProLiant BL460c G7, VMA assistant and LAM Health Check Reports, migrated MSCS virtual machines with RDMs set to physical compatibility mode with zero down time to applications and server, upgraded 48 hosts from ESX 4.0 to ESXi 4.1, worked closely with application owners to improve performance on servers using VCOPs, Spotlight on Windows, RV tools and Power GUI, recovered 20TB of disk space in virtual environment using PowerGUI.