Secure a position with a strong company with a high growth mode that offers potential for upward mobility within the IT arena.
Mainframe Storage Engineer
- Responsible for the installation, customization and testing of third party products.
- Assisted in installing/upgrading and testing third party products for z/OS 2.1 environment.
- One of two primary Storage engineer to assist/execute migrations/cut - over of the EMC's automated tape environment from MDL to the new DLM960 architecture.
- Evaluate products and upgrades for appropriateness. Oversee and implement system upgrade strategies.
- Sound understanding, work experience with IBM utility programs and products including: DFHSM, DFSMS, DFDSS, ABARS, ISMF, RACF, ICKDSF, IDCAMS, TSO, JCL, JES2, SDSF, Flasher, ISPF, ICF Catalog, ATL/VTS, TS7700/Copy Export Recovery, and third party products: CA 1, TLMS, CA Vantage, CA Vtape, Catalog Recovery Plus (CR+), Catsol, SRM StopX37, Space Recovery System (SRS), MIM, FDR, Mainframe Storage Management Replication PPRC, XRC, FlashCopy, SRDF, BCV.
- Experience in troubleshooting production issues and problem solving.
- Converted TapeSaver (tape stacking software) onto OpenTech product.
- Responsible for moving media from STK robotic silos onto 3592 IBM ATL/VTS
- Primary mentor for offshore staff, assisting, mentoring and helping where and when needed.
- Supported and participated on numerous Disaster Recovery exercises for various clients.
- Provided resolution for DASD and various tape related issues such as shortages, allocation errors and JCL issues.
Mainframe Storage Management
- Installed, customized and maintained upgrades to IBM and 3rd party mainframe storage related software products and provided documentation for all software changes.
- Primary support/installer of Group1 software’s, requiring numerous databases refreshes along with installation of new releases and maintenance and assisting end-users on product testing.
- Implemented backup methodology for disaster recovery using 359X stacked tape media.
- Provided support for security management, RACF
- Created IODEFs using HCD to install a variety of hardware devices.
- Assisted in the installation/configuration of ADSM backup/recovery software.
- Implemented the conversion of 3480 DFHSM tape media to 3490.
- Implemented the conversion media from STK Tape Silos to IBM ATL/VTS.
- Participated in massive DASD upgrade with very tight constraints for time and hardware.
- Participated in on-site coverage for yearly Disaster Recovery tests, solely responsible for executing, maintaining ABARS recovery.
Computer Operations Shift Supervisor
- Reworked and updated outdated Data Center technical procedures so it is viable at all times for Operation personnel.
- Monitored and instructed a ten-member team personnel that reported to me.
- Conducted weekly meetings pertaining to changes within the Data Center environment, such as system availability and maintenance.
Operator - Sr. Operator
- Monitor status of on-line production, development, and test regions, performing daily and weekly IPL.
- Responsible for operating computer systems and performing preventive maintenance tasks on tape drives, disk units, printers and other IT related hardware.
- Troubleshoot and document any hardware/software failures, manage production control processing of production jobs, detecting/correcting JCL abends, and oversee successful completion.