- Senior Mainframe Application developer, with 11+ years of hands on experience in application development. Extensive experience in the IT industry, involved with full project life cycle, complete Software Development Life Cycle SDLC.
- CA Gen 8.5 Developer, with 8+year of hands on experience in application development.
- Throughout my journey, involved in all phases of the software life cycle and possess vast experience at Client Location.
- Very interested and ambitious to expose into latest Technologies. Eagerly waiting to fit myself in such Real Time Ambience.
Operating System: Windows, Z/OS
Programming / Scripting Languages: JCL, REXX, COBOL, Visual Basic
Databases: IMS, DB2, Oracle, Access DB
Utilities & Tools: CA Gen 8.5 Toolset, Build Tool for CA Gen 8.5, Encyclopedia 8.5, File Aid, Endevor, OPC, CA7, Infogix, SFTP, Strobe, Easytrieve, FOCUS, Sync sort, BMC, DTF for CICS, Advanced Excel, AQT
ConfidentialSenior Mainframe Application developer
- Attend high level Requirement session and provide optimal solution design to existing system with scope details.
- Work with Business customers to understand the data and pain areas in their operations and provide details to automate the pain areas.
- Analyze, design, develop, implement, and enhance customized applications; modify existing applications to meet user’s changing needs; and train users in the application as necessary.
- Conduct feasibility check for the given Business Requirement when required by performing Proof of Concepts.
- Also develop new enhancement as necessary to fulfill the client’s requirements.
- Submits Database request forms to the Project Architect and notify all IT team members of the changes.
- Work with CA Gen Data Modelers to create Persistent and transient view for the DB2 table and migrate the model changes to Development and Version environment.
- Review the Design document created by the team member and provide design suggestions
- Provide Design walkthrough with Customers, QA team and Key stakeholders for the project.
- Work with other teams like Mainframe DBA team, Configuration teams to study the impact analysis and implement the requirements in the most efficient way. After the design has been approved, develop the components using COBOL, CICS, REXX, Easytrieve, FOCUS, CA Gen 8.5, DB2 technologies.
- Work with Infrastructure team on CA Gen Upgrade, COBOL, DB2 which involves in POC for compatibility check and other pre requisite based on the requirement from CA and IBM
- Worked with other technology/tools team like Java and Abnitio to modernize the existing screen from Host to java and host process into ETL
- Communicate questions or concerns on the project schedule or project planning to the project PMO.
- Addresses and resolve defects raised by the QA testers.
- Monitor Production issues and will provide advanced troubleshooting to prioritize and resolve application issues identified by clients.
- Provides status updates on assigned work to the Client Lead and Project Managers on a weekly basis.
- Available to QA testers and Business Leads to answer questions and investigate defects found during testing cycles.
- Ensuring that the project had all the documents/followed the processes necessary to meet the quality standards set by the Company.
Senior Mainframe Application developer
- Started as team member to take care of Developing and maintaining the entire PRIME - Application system working on major Bug fixes and Change/Service Requests via: Adding New Features, Creating Batch and online components etc.
- Moved up to lead for Enhancement activities from off-shore.
- Part of Internal Quality Audit team, which ensures that the fixes are delivered on time without any defects and to maintain documentation of the same.
- Part of EPCM Performance tuning member in the Project in DB2.
- Currently working on many performance initiatives which helps in bring down the CPU usage of the jobs (proc as well as in IMS).