- Worked as a Principle and Senior Software Engineer, Product Developer and Senior Program Analyst. I have 30+ years of Mainframe experience.
- In the process became well versed in multiple programming languages.
- Designed, developed, and led teams in tool applications for the DB2 and mail ware industries.
- Did consulting work writing custom software for small business applications. Primarily worked in mainframe, although versatile having worked in other platforms such as the AS400.
- Led training efforts for fellow team members.
- Trained in the AGILE process, participated in PI planning and in team project sprints.
- Very experienced in problem solving, both in development and customer support.
- Innovative, analytical, and holding a US patent.
- Problem solving, Developing Project Plans, Programing, System design, Analyzing data, Customer Oriented, BAL (Basic Assembler Language) including 64 bit grand instructions
- Mainframe Programming, Application COBOL programming on both the Mainframe and AS400 platforms, DB2, DBA tools, JCL
- ISPF, VSAM, C++, AGILE, SDSF, Software AG Natural with ADABBAS, Knowledge of CICS, and IMS.
- DB2 object creation, Utilization of DB2 utilities, Knowledge of DB2 page formats, Analyzing customer problems
Principal Software Engineer
- Lead product training for team members, developing and teaching with Powerpoint Presentations
- Developed educational material including videos to be used for customer training.
- Re - architected the Reorg product to attain a greater than a 30% zIIP offload, exceeding the team goals.
- Implemented DB2 ZPARM functionality to allow for greater availability for the online option of the reorg utility.
- Worked with 3rd party vendors to co-develop a better sort methodology attaining more than a 30% performance improvement in CPU and elapsed time.
- Received a US patent, US PATENT 7,177,885 B2, Method and system for reorganizing a tablespace in a database.
- Provided continual customer support, 24/7 for critical product outages involving utility tools.
- Received numerous “Above and Beyond” awards for reducing the most technical debt within the company.