- 35 years as mainframe programmer, system programmer.
- Technical programmer
- Z/VM, Z/VSE, Z/OS.
- Love working with people, solving problems, debugging programs, writing code.
- Excellent assembler programmer.
- Assembler programming is second nature to me. I love it.
- Have written hundreds of assembler programs, thousands of lines of code.
- Batch programs, online CICS application programs.
- Business apps, systems apps, exit routines for Z/VSE and CICS.
- Have many lines of example code (non - proprietary) which I can show as examples of my coding.
- I code neatly, and document everything, so that others can easily understand my logic.
- I know assembler op codes on site, and can read hex dumps instantly.
- Excellent debugger, and will hunt down the cause of the abend relentlessly.
- CICS: 25 years as CICS programmer and system programmer.
- Macro level, Command level
- Wrote application in both assembler and Cobol.
- Business and accounting applications:
- General ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger
- Link, XCTL, CICS macros, etc.
- Numerous CICS installations and upgrades.
- Very good at reading CICS dumps, identifying assembler instruction op codes identifying point of failure in assembler and Cobol programs.
- Can read hexadecimal dumps the way other people read the newspaper.
- Cobol: Started Cobol in 1978 at Confidential .
- Became excellent at reading Cobol dumps and identifying the exact line where failure is occurring in the program and mapping that back to the Cobol source code line, and the fail cause (program check interruption, data exception, operation exception, specification exeption, etc.)
- Taught Cobol to 19 assembler programmers at Confidential in Warren, Pa.
- Wrote a 375-page manual to teach Cobol to those programmers.
- Z/VM Worked with Z/VM since 1981. Installed Z/VM 9 times.
- Know CMS very well.
- Wrote major assembler program printing application which ram in Z/VM.
- Configured and managed more than 80 virtual machines running simultaneously under Z/VM.
- VSAM Worked with VSAM since 1978.
- ESDS, KSDS, backup, restore. Master cats, user cats, define cluster, deletes cluster, VSAM commands, IDCAMS, etc.
- JCL Have worked with both Z/VSE and Z/OS JCL.
- DB2. Most database work was with DL/1, Total, and Datacom. Not DB2 expert, but will learn it quickly.
- DB2 is a relational database system as opposed to a hierarchical system.
- PL/1 programming experience. 4 years.
Confidential, Omaha, Nebraska
- When you swipe your credit/debit card, our code either authorizes or declines your card, based on thousands of lines of assembler code, and hundreds of programs.
- Also processes the new chip, which will eventually be in every credit card on earth.
Confidential, Mcminnville, OregonTSM administrator
- Mainframe system programming.
- Successfully maintained mainframe system software.
- Successfully documented mainframe processes as part of project to convert from VSE to Z/OS.
- Z/VM was the main operating system.
- Duties include management of Confidential, TSM, tape libraries, tapes, tape drives, communication lines, scripts, and appropriate C program writing to quickly perform previously tedious manual tasks..
Confidential, EDMESTON, NY
TSM, Confidential administrator
- Installed, configured, maintained TSM, Confidential on multiple servers.
- Successfully helped configure 12 TSM server backups.
- Successfully resurrected a dead P Series RS6000 server.
Confidential, VESTAL, NY
Z/VM System programmer
- Good Cobol debugging and coding experience.
- Confidential (UNIX) administrator ( Confidential 5.2,5.3).
- Maintained multiple RS6000s and P series machines using Confidential running system-critical applications:
- Lotus Notes Confidential email server.
- TSM Confidential storage backup/restore administration.
- Three Linux DB2 machines on IBM Blade Server.
- Mainframe CICS applications ported from mainframe to P Series Confidential with major insurance application.
- Wrote numerous scripts to handle needs of Confidential login users who utilize CICS applications on Confidential .
- Worked with networking, SATA san storage, Confidential upgrades/maintenance, user needs, etc.
- Performed Lotus Notes Administration and email problem resolution.
- Juggled numerous technologies of problem types on a daily basis.
- Have programmed in more than 20 different languages.
- Love working with the end users to make their work enjoyable and functional.
- C programming: Developed a system for transferring data from mainframe to Confidential on RS6000 platform.
- The programs were written in assembler on mainframe, and C on Confidential . The project was a complete success.
- VSE Mainframe system programmer. Install, maintain operating system, vendor products.
- Wrote numerous complex special assembler programs to solve special problems, including TCP/IP application for major data transfer to Confidential .
Confidential, WILLIAMSPORT, PATSM administrator
- Solved severe problem which prevented Confidential from compiling updated C programs with new EPA regulations for the hazardous waste industry (transport, usage, chemical plants, electrical generation plants, and many fortune 500 companies).
- Generated software solution to test these changes on mainframe prior to sending the updated programs out to Regscans main customer (Yellow Trucking).
Confidential, WARREN, PA
Assembler Programmer, Cobol programmer, and Cobol Trainer
- Set up Cobol training regimen for Information services conversion from assembler to Cobol.
- Developed Cobol training document for 20 people.
- Coded thousands of lines of Cobol development and demonstration code.
- Completed mainframe assembler programming assignments for special tasks which had baffled the staff for months.
- The staff was very impressed with my assembler programming skills, and remarked at how well I know assembler language.
Confidential, SAYRE, PA
Senior System Programmer
- Managed multiple hardware/software platforms concurrently. Enjoyed interacting with large user community of thousands to meet their computer needs.
- Z/VM System programmer 6 years
- Mainframe system programmer on IBM mainframe running VM with VSE and CICS.
- Maintained the mainframe VSE operating systems and hardware.
- Supported entire programming staff when problems occurred with VSAM database or Cobol programs. Wrote utility programs in assembler.
- Windows NT/2000 server administrator for Citrix and Terminal Server applications.
- Thin client administrator for 200 NCD Thin Client devices.
- Installed software on Windows NT/2000 and thin devices themselves to support the functionality of thin clients.
- Developed a VBScript which allows a user to sit down at any of 1500 PCs on campus, and see a list of only those printers which are near the particular PC or thin client device which the user is logged on to.
- Citrix administrator on Windows NT.
- Terminal Server administrator on Windows 2000.
- Worked with lans/wans, tcp/ip, domain names, internet access, subnetting, etc.
- Helped set up PCs for internet access, email access, and Terminal Services applications such as Office 95 and Office 2000.
- Worked with both NCD Thinstars and Wyse Capio thin devices.
- Programmed specialty applications in C for thin client control and process control.
Confidential, Westfield, NY
Senior System Programmer
- Did numerous complete VM installations VM under VM.
- Maintained both hardware and software for IBM mainframe which served Confidential, the largest grape juice company in the world.
- Managed multiple projects concurrently.
- Designed and coded specialty software subsystems which functioned with the operating system
- System Programmer on IBM Mainframe (IBM 370/ 390 equipment and AS400).
- Programmed in Assembler, Cobol. Processed VSAM access coding in assembler.
- Wrote system - type applications which ran along with the operating system
- CICS system programmer. Wrote interfaces, exits, etc.
- Enhanced security by writing a CICS exit which replaced standard CICS security.
- Wrote a complex print control system in assembler language (using the Power SAS subsystem).
- Wrote a print control system for VM/CMS.
- Wrote complete tape backup/restore system for CMS data.
- Installed and maintained mainframe operating system software for VSE and VM.
- Was VTAM system programmer for 9 years for nationwide network. NCP,SSP.
- Had 80 virtual machines running concurrently under VM.
- Installed/maintained VSE/POWER spooler and wrote utilities for it in assembler.