- Mainframe technical specialist with 23 years of experience
- Proven record of technical and management experience in systems analysis, design, development, enhancement, testing, implementation and maintenance in insurance and banking systems with specialization in Software AG and IBM Mainframe technologies
- Excellent ability to multitask and to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a team player
Sr. Mainframe Technical Specialist
- Providing day to day database administration of ADABAS, DB2 and IMS databases (including database backup and recovery services, reorgs, space management, security grants, etc.).
- Managing and monitoring ongoing ADABAS, DB2 and IMS database performance and capacity to ensure service level expectations are maintained. Identifying resource utilization trends and recommends options to address capacity issues to meet business requirements and service level agreements.
- Providing 2nd Level 7 x 24 Oncall mainframe database support on rotating basis.
- Managing lifecycle for mainframe database software tools.
- Upgrading ADABAS and NATURAL products
- Providing mainframe database disaster recovery services.
- Creating/Maintaining operational documentation related to ADABAS, DB2 and IMS as well as PL/1 and Cobol programs.
- Working with Service Delivery and Change Management to ensure non disruptive implementation of mainframe database infrastructure.
- Providing day to day administration of Natural Security and Predict Data Dictionary.
- Analyzing, designing, developing and testing various programming systems using best practices (e.g. PL1/DB2 system for maintaining IC processes, Cobol/JCL/REXX system for maintaining space capacity utilization for ADABAS databases etc).
- Maintenance existing Cobol programs
- Identifying and resolving database, application and security related problems
- Leading all technical aspects of legacy modernization project from inception through to deployment (assessment analysis onsite, analyzing the project scope, database analysis and modeling, code conversion, testing etc).
- Liaising with a customer side and R&D division to provide full operational support and IS solutions onsite and remotely.
- Writing operational technical and project related documentation such as high level and detailed system designs, support guides e.g. user guide and maintenance guide
- Providing detailed work estimates to Project Manager for development effort as well as weekly status reports
- Presenting alternative solutions to customer to meet customers’ needs, defect tracking, client developers training
- Performing pilot assessment projects for worldwide clients (HSBC Brasil, Telefonica Brasil, Talanx Germany)