- Nine years of experience in Mainframe development, including but not limited to, COBOL, JCL, VSAM, CICS, DB2, IMSDB, IMS DC
- Experience working in Logistics, Healthcare insurance, Utility and Billing domain.
- Translate functional requirements to technical requirements with clear communication to stakeholders.
- Design, code, create test plan and execute, unit test, integration test and support UAT that is complete SDLC cycle.
- Experience in both Online and Batch system as a lead and individual contributor delivering the project on time.
- Mentored and lead a team of 8 effectively and maintained quality metrics reports of the project.
- Effectively worked in team, onsite - offshore model, and in cross functional teams.
- Knowledge on Agile process and TFS, Jira tool.
Programming: COBOL, CICS, JCL, VSAM, SQL
Database: DB2, IMS DB / DC
Mainframe Tools: IBM Debug Tool, Xpeditor, File-Aid, Abend-Aid, SPUFI, Install/1, DB2 QMF (Query Management Facility), Lotus Notes, TSO/ISPF, Changeman, Control M, SAVRS
Utilities: IEBGENER, IDCAMS, IEBCOPY, DFSORT, SYNCSORT, ICETOOL
Other Tools: Microsoft Word, Excel, Share Point
- Mainframe application to schedule the movement of loads and feed the next application for movement of load.
- Responsible for Mainframe applications run in multiple LPARS and uses multiple DB2 Subsystems.
- Experience on the project built using the Agile methodology. Involved in the estimate planning design discussions and SCRUM.
- Managed the production and test workload using ESP scheduling package, ensuring successful completion of all batch jobs.
- Used MVS JCL, SAVRS, TSO and ESP Scheduler for batch work.
- Troubleshoot and resolve all abends and/or escalate to the appropriate personnel via telephone, email or abend tickets.
- Worked to fix abend such as space abends, File contention error, VSAM space abends.
- Provided weekly status report to UPS application development managers.
- Analyzed and modified existing programs which deals with MQ.
- Did impact analysis and developed technical design documents (LLD, HLD) from business requirement document.
- Reviewed design documents with SMEs, Project managers, interface application teams and support groups.
- Created code, conducted testing, provided support for product testing and UAT and delivered successfully.
- Mainframe-COBOL, IMSDB, DB2, CICS based development, maintenance and support project.
- Coordinate with Business Analyst to define requirements, analyze business needs and validate solutions approved by the client.
- Implement, review and assist the team in following all the SDLC steps for maintenance and new business requirements.
- Provided innovative solution for updating, creating and deleting data records in DB2 table instead of IMSDB dataset as a part of migration.
- Did impact analysis and participated in estimation for the migration of COBOL-DB2 programs to Java solutions.
- Individually changed and created online and batch programs reaching the stakeholders for successful UAT.
- Used FTP program for transferring the generated report and auto email the user with SMTP protocol for an ad hoc requirement by client.
- Strong analytical skill helped in quick fixes for the team production issues.
- Take up high priority production issues on demand and delivered successfully.
- Encouraged team in knowledge sharing by taking initiative called 'My learning' tracker.
- Expansion of critical data field (ITEM number) in the DB2database and all the impacted programs, batch jobs and online screens.
- Designed and implemented code changes in huge impact components to in corporate the business expansion.
- Actively participated in negotiating the unit testing acceptance process and thus saving effort for the team and client.
- Coordinated with offshore onsite team, discuss with client technical team and users, extending solutions and getting clarification.
- Update QMS documents for the project.
- Updated the efforts and team project status in the weekly trackers.
- Resolve problems by determining cause, providing technical assistance to applications and other support staff.
- Supervised and mentored the team on IMSDB / DC calls, JCL, COBOL programing and debugging.
- Initiative to create reusable jobs to replicate the VSAM datasets in test environment. This accelerated the UT process.
- Worked on Data Collection and analysis project.
- Provide technical assistance as necessary in the research and resolution of problems or issues identified.
- Mentored the team in using Xpeditor, File-Aid, JCL utilities, COBOL-DB2
- Involved in unit testing of batch and online programs and review the work of the team as well.
- Designed and documented test plan for integration testing of the incorporated business functionality.
- Created a report using COBOL-DB2, ICETOOL batch program for an ad hoc requirement by client.
- Confidential project Confidential claims adjudication system, Membership and billing system applications.
- Handled work request, impact analyze, estimate effort, required tools and reach for the stakeholders for any requirement and functional clarity.
- Created templates for design documents, requirements, test plan and test results used by the team.
- Involved in production support, quick fixes and UAT for individual and junior members of the team.
- Supervise and mentor the new team with the legacy functionality and the process.
- Assign new work request to the team, review deliverables and extend technical and moral support.
- Monitor team performance on assigned projects with regards to their overall abilities and effectiveness in completing projects within schedules.
- Maintain QMS quality documents for the project and submit, daily, weekly status tracker and the monthly metrics reports to the management.
- Participated in analyzing Easytrieve programs as a part of migration.
- Documented the file control and the logic implemented in the Easytrieve programs in COBOL.
- Designed high level flow chart with functional information.
- Gained exposure on Easytrieve to COBOL conversion.