- Over 14+ yearsof specialized IT experience, 6+ years of DevOps Engineer and 8 years of experience as aMainframe Developer and Tester.
- Responsible for design and implementation of polices, branching methodologies.
- Creating branches, tags and maintaining source code in administration level.
- Experience in SCM tools Subversion SVN and GIT.
- Experience in build tool ANT and MAVEN.
- Experience in bug tracking tool Atlassian JIRA.
- Having good implementation Knowledge on Continuous integration tools JENKINS.
- Created packages and installation procedures.
- Took part in a 24x7 on - call rotation
- Integrated, built, packaged, and debugged several major releases.
- Built, integrated, and packaged, product releases and installs scripts.
- Wrote shell scripts and scheduled using CRON job.
- Assist team members in build deployment - receiving and running builds and troubleshooting issues to improve efficiency.
- Monitored the automated build and continuous integration process to ensure correct build execution and facilitate resolution of build/ release failures.
- Managed daily/ nightly builds and releases to QA. Debugged build failures and troubleshoot build, packaging issues, working with the core Engineering teammates to resolve them.
- We follow Agile methodology and have daily scrum calls to update our daily status
- Extensive experience in working with the Configuration management tool Ansible and CHEF.
- Experience in Dockercontainers
- Experience using Nagios monitoring system.
- Experience in AWS web services.
- Experience in Load balancing,HA.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure of AWS (Amazon Web Services) and computing AMIvirtual machines on Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), VPC, S3 buckets, Route 53, Auto Scaling.
- Integrated Artifactory for publishing the Artifacts, Nexus.
- Coordination with Offshore teams.
- Monitoring the bug, issue and project tracking tool JIRA.
- Responsible for deploying customized software deliverables to the various environments like Dev/UAT system.
- Monitoring the system bottlenecks - CPU, RAM, Disk IO and Networking using performance counters, site down alerts.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving communication and interpersonal skills.
- Involved in requirement analysis.
- Involved in preparing the test plans.
- Provide environment and support.
- Perform test execution.
- Prepare Test result summary report.
- Prepare Test Status Reports.
- Attend project meetings.
- Escalate technical and/or project issues to Project Manager.
- Report project status to Project Manager.
- Daily Maintenance activities.
- Defect tracking.
- Test results document creation.
- Have a good knowledge of STLC,Defect life cycle and work flow.
- Adhere to testing process currently followed by the teams.
- Estimating the effort required for the test activity.
- Involved in validating the test results, after execution completes
Version Control Tool: SVN, GIT, GitHub
CI Tool: Jenkins
Bug Tracking Tool: JIRA
Scripting: Shell Script (Bash)
Build Tool: ANT, Maven
Operating System: Windows, Linux CentOS
Web Servers: Tomcat, HTTPD
Cloud services: AWS, Gcp.
Containerization Tool: Docker
CM Tool: Ansible, Chef
Application Server: Apache Tomcat
Monitoring Tool: Nagios
Virtualization: VMware, Vagrant
Others: SDLC Concepts
Data Bases: DB2, VSAM
Scheduler: ESPMENU, JCS Metrix.
Mainframe tools: LIBRARIAN, FILEAID, FILEMGR, CHANGEMAN, HPQC, TOAD.
Functional Area: Telecom
Languages: COBOL, JCL, SQL, UNIX, QTP.
Operating System: MVS-OS/390, UNIX.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven.
- Schedule the builds and automated the deployment on the application servers using for Jenkins.
- Continuous Delivery is being enabled through Deployment into several environments of Test, QA, UAT and Production environments using Jenkins.
- Implement Master-Slave concept in Jenkins. Automate the builds and deployment of projects using Jenkins.
- Configured Docker container for branching purposes.
- Implemented AWS services using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto Scaling Instances.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using Ant, Maven as build tools in Jenkins
- Implementing continuous delivery using Chef. Responsible for writing Cookbook’s to configure nodes.
- Deployed Java applications into web applications servers like WebLogic.
- Provisioning of HA using AWS ELB and configuration Auto Scaling.
- Uploading data into S3 and creation of bucket policies using JSON template.
- Performed Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools: GIT, GITHUB.
- Troubleshoot Build and Deployment issues, with little downtime.
- Used bug tracking tool JIRA and also triaged issues and maintained bugs using JIRA tool.
- Documented release matrics, software configuration process.
Environment: AWS, EC2, S3, ELB, EBS, CI, CD, LINUX, MAVEN, JENKINS, CHEF, AWS TOMCAT,JAVA, APACHE WEBSERVER,GIT, GITHUB, MY SQL.
Build Release Engineer
- Maintaining GIT repositories, grant access to users, backup.
- Administering and maintaining Subversion code repository and backup files.
- Performing SVN dump and hot copy to take the svn repositories backup.
- Supporting Developers in Build, Delivering activities, Branch, Tags creation.
- Create and establish build process using MAVEN to perform builds efficiently and deployment of the application using Tomcat Application Server.
- Automated the building process and reduced all the manual intervention needed and merged that to the Jenkins job.
- Automation of deployment process by configuring jobs in Jenkins for each application.
- Setup of nightly and weekly automated builds and their verification.
- Troubleshoot and compile build failures and facilitate resolution.
- Performing Pre-Build activities & Post Build activities by coordinating with development teams.
- Proficient in tool automation using Shell scripting.
- Responsible for daily builds, delivering patch releases, hot fixes and the formal releases.
- Work with Dev and QA teams closely to make sure builds available all the time.
- Deploy the release of software components into pre-production environments.
Environment: GIT, MAVEN, JENKINS, Shell Script, Apache, Tomcat, Nexus