- Excellent hands on experience of Mainframe Systems through the development life cycle in Financial industries and platforms from development, maintenance and system documentation.
- Extensive hands - on experience in mainframe technologies (COBOL, JCL, VSAM, SQL, CICS, Endevor, Assembler, Debugging tools, Store Procedures, File manager, File Aid).
- Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Involved in various phases like Requirements, Analysis/Design, Development, Testing and Implementation.
- Skilled as liaison between Management and Business teams for Requirements.
- Adaptable to new systems and environments and quickly takes ownership of all requirements.
- Have been involved in several conversions from IDMS to SQL Server and IDMS to DB2.
Systems: All MS Windows (3.1/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7,8,10,12 etc. IBM Mainframe TSO Z/OS, Linux/Unix and UBUTU Command Line interface; using Linux and Unix commands to navigate terminal.
Programming Languages: Cobol, C, C++, Java, Visual Basic 6.0, C#, HTML, ASP.Net
Databases: DB2 ( Relational database), SQL, MYSQL, MS Access, IBM Database Studio 4.1.1
- Writes and modifies codes that expand or replace functionalities of the AFSVISION software.
- Coding in Cobol programming language using the mainframe environment.
- Using TSO, Z/OS and ISPF commands.
- Programming in DB2 and using it as database.
- Coding in VSAM and JCL.
- Stop and start a CICS Region.
- Wrote SQL for adhoc queries and reporting.
- Using Nitron frames and Ultraedit (Eustudio) as editor or slikedit.
- Doing high priority projects with two or more programmers.
- Monitoring Reporting Cycle status and fixing errors to ensure a completion.
- Working as an AFSVison Support Demo staff.
- Analyzing and finding errors in programs by using the available tools (bebuger, API Unit tester, QMF, data studio, Pdump, Newp etc.)
- Working on new installs and upgrades of client’s regions with a lead programmer, creating the JCLs and Parms members needed for a specific install as well as maintaining and fixing issues.FTP of programs or codes to client’s region.
- Using IBM Data Studio as a more advance database (QMF) editor.
- Supporting the web and mainframe application as they are applied to AFSvision.
- Creating production control report (PTR) and sharing with other departments as we all work on a common project.
- Worked on a high priority project for a very big client, was responsible for running and transmitting the reports that were produced to the client server for review. The goal was achieved and the deal is on to the next stage.
Environment: COBOL, DB2, Endevor, File-Aid, IBM IBE Utilities, IDCAMS, SDSF, SQL, ISPF, JCL, CICS, Microsoft Office 2016, SyncSort, TSO, Tracemaster VSAM, Windows 10, z/OS.