- Over 16 years of experience in Mainframe with extensive knowledge in COBOL, PL/1, DB2, IMS DB, CICS, VSAM, JCL, MQSeries which includes all phases of Software Development Life Cycle experiences.
- Experienced in application modernization and migration exercises.
- Experienced in exposing mainframe functionalities via RESFUL API’s using z/OS connect.
- Strong experience with Web Services, HTTP/HTTPSs and RESTful; Web service architecture as RESTful and RESTful related technologies including REST Client, PostMan.
- Experienced in migrating GEO application from Cool - Gen to Mainframe platform.
- Hands on experience with Travel & Transport, Manufacturing, and Insurance domains.
- Hands on experience in Agile processes.
- Strong client facing skills, good analytical, communication skills, business knowledge, quick learner and 100% positive thinking.
- Received Customer excellence award for 2013, 2014, 2015 and Eminence & Excellence award for 2016.
Programming Languages: PL/1, COBOL, JCL, CICS
Databases: DB2, IMS/DB, SQL
Framework: AngularJS, z/OS Connect, OpenShift
Big Data Technologies: Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Map Reduce, Pig, Sqoop, Flume, Oozie. Spark, Zookeeper, Apache NiFi
Tools: TFS Git, File-Aid, Endevor, Xpeditor, QMF, SPUFI, SDF2, Changeman, Omegamon, Intertest, ESP, Data Studio, TELON
Web Service: SOAP, REST
Senior Programmer Lead
- Rebuilt eTT Tracking application (UI) from Mainframe to AngularJS & .NET platform and hosted it on Open shift environment.
- Working on browser compatilibility project to render eTT Tracing application on modern browsers.
- Developed RESTful API’s using z/OS Connect and integrated with .NET micro services.
- Used GIT for branching and merging of source code management.
- Load data from db2 table to SQL database and expose the data to SSRS reports.
- Disaster Recovery - DR test and process improvements.
- Application fine tuning, automation, and cost savings.
- Created new modules (COBOL-DB2-CICS) and JCLs.
- Conduct application monitoring, integration testing and shakeout testing.
- 24x7 production support.
- Lead analysis sessions, gather requirements and write specification and functional requirement documents for enhancements and customization.
- Create Detail Design documents and Low level Design document based on Functional
- Design and Business Requirements.
- Coding, code review, testing and Error resolution of new development and maintenance activities as per the Detail Design documents.
- Creating Test Plans and test data to test the functionality built. These test plans are used for System testing and User acceptance testing.
- Resolve any errors that may arise due to existing code. Propose solution to the client for error resolution, implement and test the solution.
- Review the deliverables of other team members before deliver to resolve any coding error or process related issues.
- Create Estimates and Project Plan based on effort required for Development and maintenance activities.
- He was also responsible for mentoring new team members in the project about applications and quality processes.
- Coordinate with Database Administrators to get the tables and databases set-up.
- Raising and assigning tasks to team members according to the project plan and ensuring that the work progress
- Give post-production support to the application and End-users.
- He will work as Onsite coordinator and will resolve queries and issues of offshore team members and client.
- Working with client to resolve issues and queries related to the development activities and suggest changes in
- Communicate activities/progress to offshore project managers and clients.
- Responsible for executing and adhering to the quality processes followed in the project.
Advisory System Analyst
- SME for nine applications including three criticals applications (RKEM, RNDE, RKIP).
- Involved in full project life cycle involving Requirement Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing, Review and Implementation phases.
- Deliverables are being completed within the baselined cost plan and schedules.
- Involved in discussion with client during requirement gathering and design phases.
- Resource and project planning for optimum usage of resources and seamless delivery for meeting the project deadlines.
- Conducting weekly status call with clients for RKEM & RKCM applications.
- Ensure that the project documentation is maintained as per the Project Life Cycle and all documents are version controlled and maintained.
- Providing functional/technical trainings to the team members and monitor team member’s participation to ensure the training provided is being put into use, and also to see if any additional training is needed.
- Proactively manage foreseen project risk, mitigating as necessary.
- Responsible for resolving production issues and provide permanent fix.
- Coordinating with various GTS counter parts for project health checks, RCA and permanent fixes.
- Perform RCA's for P1/P2 tickets and provide permanent fix.
- Assign tasks to team members and tracking deliverables on timelines
- Prepare audit documents for RK* applications and participate in internal audits.
- Perform impact analysis from application end before and after Infra upgrades (MQ, ZOS, DB2, CICS, etc.,).
- Present RCA & CSI decks on a monthly basis to Danae & Ann Russel (MLIT Portfolio head) for RKEM & RKCM applications.
- Extend support to restore the services of downstream applications during crisis times.
- Preparing project weekly/monthly metrics as requested by project manager.
Senior Consultant - Application Development
- OEM service replacement (i.e. Warranty)
- After Market sales, Marketing programs and Accessory sales (i.e. non Warranty).
- In addition to service part releases SBOM maintains service part usages, structured Bill of Materials, service packages and Supercedence information. The customers of the SBOM data include all functions within the GSP (i.e. Cataloging, Purchasing, and Inventory Control).