Programmer in COBOL language for mainframe host legacy systems for the banking industry. Developed and maintained applications built for use by 300 banks nationwide. Developed and maintained internal systems, including processes and procedures. Skilled problem identifier and troubleshooter, able to pinpoint and resolve errors in early stages to avoid time / cost expenditures. Efficient, organized leader delivering results that align with business strategies and process enhancements.
Unisys A-Series and V-Series, Windows
Software / Languages:
COBOL85, Progeni, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word
Lead Software Engineer
- Reduced computer run time and enhanced client use of application functions by researching, coding and testing code changes and applying revisions to existing applications.
- Provided written system information, examples, and procedures that presented detailed steps in application usage to personnel within the company, increasing response and production time.
- Established internal system defining, modifying, and accessing parameters that controlled functions within many applications and utilized for research and resolution of client issues. System used extensively by other programming and client services personnel for use within application programs and client requests.
- Designed and implemented client check reconciliation database and system, reducing client exposure to check fraud and improving overall control of outstanding checks. Defined and produced internal and client-based inquiry and update functions, along with reports, re-run, and recovery functions.
- Developed database and reporting system, allowing clients to generate year-end reporting information, meeting federal regulations to Internal Revenue Service, including annual regulatory changes to programs, coordination of year-end processing, maintenance of internal documentation and tracking spreadsheets.
- Acted as Subject Matter Expert for internal application systems, supported General Ledger and ACH systems and assisted client services staff by researching, answering questions and clarifying procedures.
- Analyzed project requests and provided expertise in application implementation. Wrote new programs and updated current programs as needed to meet project requirements. Program and system tested.
- Diagnosed, coded, and tested maintenance updates for current applications, improving functions and usage of programs and reports.
- Authored new application program guides for use by operations staff. Updated and maintained existing guides, as dictated by project enhancements, remaining current with actual processing functions.
- Served as subject matter expert to programming and client services staff.
Senior Programmer Analyst