- 30 years of Information Technology experience.
- Heavy mainframe experience COBOL, DB2/SQL, JCL, CICS, PL1, IMS
- Client Server experience using Powerbuilder, Visual Basic and PERL
- Retail, Healthcare, Investment related experience and Analytical
Position: Application Analyst
- My present assignment is with WIPRO Promax as a Business and Systems Analyst on a Trade Promotion Management System using Agile, VelociQ, and Lean methodologies. We are developing a web based management system to supplement the previous client server system.
- Previously, I did production support for a major Pharmacy Benefits Management System client using DB2, COBOL and IBM utilities extensively to perform analytical and support task using SOX standards for system changes. I worked closely with other programmer/Analyst to correct errors, answer users questions and create reports. I performed on-call work to keep the PBM system running 24/7.
Languages Tools: DB2 mainframe including SPUFI, QMF and other DB2 utilities , COBOL, CICS, JCL, DFSORT, FTP, VSAM, Windows XP and Windows 7, MS Word, Excel, Access, Visio, Powerpoint TSO/ISPF, Dialog Manager and IBM DB2 interactive tools.
Position: Sr. Analyst / Programmer
Designed enhancements to improve the efficiency and add functionality to the Fulfillment system. My role was to analyze, design, document, code and test the enhancements to the system as a team developer and as a lead developer and analyst. In addition, I enhanced and improved the performance of the Bridal Registry, Cross Divisional Transfer System and pricing system. Much of the work involved enhancing it for greater efficiency and speed, mainly by tuning the DB2 SQL. My projects enabled Macy's to save money on the existing systems. I worked with the customers frequently to gather requirements, resolve any issues and answer their questions.
Languages Tools: DB2 mainframe including SPUFI, QMF and other DB2 utilities , COBOL, CICS, JCL, EZTRIEVE, DFSORT, FTP, FileAid, Xpediter, VSAM, Windows XP, MS Excel, MS Word, TSO/ISPF and Dialog Manager.
Languages Tools: DB2 mainframe including SPUFI and other DB2 utilities , COBOL, CICS, JCL, EZTRIEVE, DFSORT, FTP, FileAid, Xpediter, VSAM, Windows XP.
Position: Sr. Programmer Analyst
My work consisted of enhancing and improving the PBM system parts, the adjudication system on-line , the payment system batch , database extracts and reporting systems batch ,and table updates on-line and batch . Most of my work involved analysis and design improvements, including tuning the SQL on the DB2 database, on the projects that I later programmed tested and documented for SOX..
Languages Tools: DB2 mainframe including SPUFI, QMF and other DB2 utilities , COBOL, CICS, JCL, EZTRIEVE, DFSORT, FTP, Connect Direct/Network Data Mover NDM , mainframe PKZIP, FileAid, Xpediter, VSAM, Windows 2000 and XP, PERL, TSO/ISPF and Dialog Manager.
Position: Sr. Programmer Analyst
Consulted for Affiliated Computer Services ACS on claims processing for the Pharmacy Benefits Management System PBMS . Participated in writing the new X2 Pharmacy Benefits Management System and also programmed changes to the PBM system to accommodate additional Medicaid clients.Programmed HIPPA compliance changes to the system relating to NCPDP 5.1 claims files, 835 payment information files. I worked with customer contacts to satisfy the various clients needs.
Languages Tools: DB2 mainframe including SPUFI and other DB2 utilities , COBOL, CICS, JCL, EZTRIEVE, DFSORT, FTP, Connect Direct/Network Data Mover NDM , mainframe PKZIP, FileAid, Xpediter, VSAM, Windows 2000.
Position: Information Systems Consultant
- Led a small team that extensively modified the Securities Assets Database SADB , a large mainframe data warehouse that housed the entire Metlife portfolio of securities over 100 billion dollars , using DB2, SQL, QMF, SPUFI, JCL and COBOL. I personally provided almost all of the production support and solved many of the user's problems. I worked with the other members to create the test plan.
- Maintained several other production systems on both mainframe and server, such as General Ledger feeds from SADB and Securities Lending. They involved COBOL, JCL, DB2, Visual Basic, Powerbuilder, SQL server, UDB, PERL, FTP and command files.
- Developed complete life cycle of Stock Trade Entry Processing System STEPS , an object oriented Powerbuilder project using the PFC. I used DB2 with SQL on the mainframe as the database. Team Leader in the requirements gathering, architecture and general design of the application. I worked with the business analyst to create the test plan for the project.
- Developed one Powerbuilder reporting project and Maintained several other Powerbuilder projects for the company's Real Estate Investment area as a consultant with CIBER, Inc., initial six months see below . I was the only Powerbuilder developer in that area. I had close contact with the business analyst when designing and maintaining systems. The systems used DB2 with SQL as the back end database.
- Developed interfaces for the Securities Lending System as part of a large team. Used Visual Basic with COM and ADO , SQL Server including stored procedures, PERL, Universal Database UDB , DB2, SQL and command files that run under the Maestro scheduler. Set up drivers for SQL Server, UDB and other software for team members. I worked with the business analyst to create a test plan for the system.
Languages Tools: Powerbuilder, Visual Basic, VB script, PERL, command files, PVCS, MS SQL Server and DTS, DB2 mainframe including QMF and other DB2 utilities , DB2 Server UDB , Maestro, Citrix, COBOL, DFSORT, FTP, Connect Direct, XCOM, FileAid, Windows NT, TSO/ISPF and Dialog Manager.
- First Assignment: State of Georgia, DOAS. 5 years
- Converted Easytrieve programs to Easytrieve Plus.
- Provided mainframe production support for General Ledger system using COBOL, JCL, and Total Database. This involved heavy user interaction.
- Evaluated PC programming languages and selected Powerbuilder over Visual Basic for applications development as part of a 2 man team
- Developed Powerbuilder application involving the entire lifecycle of the Budget Control data entry and reporting System BUCS as part of a 3-man team. The project used Sybase SQL Anywhere as the database. This also involved many installations at the client sites and heavy user interaction. I created the database and data entry screens for the entire application and with the business analyst, developed the user interface and navigation system.
- Developed a second version of BUCS a year later using object oriented technology and a new version of Powerbuilder using the PFC. This included many user requested modifications. We had the same 3-man team develop it. I was heavily involved with the design and re-architecture as part of a larger team composed of the developers and the business analyst.
- Assisted in a Powerbuilder based accounting project for the Georgia State Legislature as part of a 3-man team personally developed a check-printing module that printed paychecks for the state legislators as part of that project. This involved heavy user and management interaction.