- Mainframe Developer with 18+ years of results - oriented, progressive experience in application development and support to batch and transactional processes hosted on an IBM mainframe, with a core focus in COBOL, DB2, CICS, JCL and VSAM
- Has extensive knowledge of retail, publishing industry, health and human services, health claims processing. Plays a key role in SDLC including design, development, testing and implementation phases.
- Professionally adaptable to 'get on board' quickly with new technologies and new assignments, able to work independently or in a group/team setting to meet deadlines while handling multiple assignments.
- Well versed in trouble-shooting problems in a wide variety of abnormal terminations in a batch and pseudo conversational environment
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Programming Languages and Technologies Overview: COBOL/COBOL II, CICS, EASYTRIEVE, Micro Focus COBOL, Speedware
Programming Environments & Tools: TSO/ISPF, JCL, SPUFI, FILEAID, QMF, CA7/CA-11, XPEDITOR, INTERTEST, ZEKE, FTP, SYNCSORT, IBM Utilities, IDCAMS, TCP/IP, CHANGEMAN, LIBRARIAN, ENDEVOR, Shadow Studio, MS Office, AMISYS, PuTTY, Code Collaborator, Clarify, Clarity, Remedy, Waterfall
Database Experience: DB2, SQL, IBM/DB2 Utilities. VSAM, IMS/DB, SQL Server, TearaData, WinSCP, Oracle
Operating Systems: z/OS, MVS/XA/ESA, OS/MVS, UNIX, Windows/NT & MS/DOS
- Provided analysis, design and detail construction for client’s health claims processing systems. Application programming in MF COBOL, Oracle, Shell Script, Speedware under UNIX.
- Converted Speedware claims reporting application to MF COBOL.
- Played instrumental role in setting up and maintaining data integrity in the company's testing environments to include Oracle subsystems, AMISYS and WinSCP.
- Performed unit and system testing using AMISYS - HIPPA compliance software.
Environment: MF COBOL, Oracle, Shell Script, AMISYS, Speedware, WinSCP, UNIX
- Provided analysis, design and detail construction, programming, testing, implementation, and surveillance for new and existing application utilizing COBOL, DB2, CICS, Easytrieve and JCL running under MVS. System is the largest healthcare/PBM system on the IBM mainframe at Express Scripts.
- Provided proven problem research and resolution skills via 24/7 weekly on-call production support of daily batch jobs and CICS transactional processes for Client Benefit Management (CBM) system.
- Wrote TSD's (technical specifications document), creating test cases, making recommendations for design, code reviews (evaluating code for efficiency, ensure that requirements are satisfied, and code adheres to standards).
- Extensively interacted with the client's user community to gather business rules, functionality requirements for new and enhanced products.
- Actively worked to mentor the offshore team.
Environment:: Mainframe, TSO, COBOL, DB2, JCL, SPUFI, Mainframe Utilities, TearaData and Easytrieve
Mainframe Application Developer
Confidential, Blue Bell, PA
- Participated in developing the technical and business requirements for integrating publishing data into the directory management legacy system and ad management production legacy system. This included contract data, publishing data, marketing data, commission data, and financial/billing data.
- Analyzed and compared “as-is” sales reports to “to-be” sales reports. Analyzed data fields and identified information gaps. Developed business requirements to ensure continued reporting capabilities.
- Participated in entering requirements into Quality Center testing database. Linked requirements to testing packages and releases.
- Responsible for developing, modifying and maintaining systems software for ZipLocal, CanPages projects.
- Designed and developed application for the DMS White Pages Business books. Resolved production issues.
- Performed DB2 LOADS, UNLOADS, Image copies, RUNSTATS, BINDS and other DB2 core utilities in developer test and staging DB2 environments.
- Coordinated the project changes and implementation process.
- Exceled in a multi-task work environment.
Environment: COBOL, CICS, DB2, JCL, Mainframe Utilities, PLI
Confidential, New Castle, DE
- Worked with Integrated Eligibility/Public Assistance Systems for Food Stamps, Medicaid and TANF.
- Developed applications to access data in DB2 for both supporting web screen functionality and generating batch reports.
- Participated in a creation of Detailed Technical Specification project deliverable.
- Prepared and promoted applications into production and support system implementation by addressing technical issues.
- Participated in integration testing.
Environment:COBOL, CICS, DB2, JCL, Mainframe Utilities, Shadow Studio, .NET
Confidential, Fort Washington, PA
- Worked as an Information Systems Consultant to develop software to simplify the complex business of healthcare administration. Actively involved in the HEALTHsuite® project for a Family Care members Conversion. Designed, implemented and tested the modules for data conversion from the flat files to DB2 tables (Micro Focus COBOL, UNIX).
- Mentored junior team members, and supervise quality control tasks.
Environment:Micro Focus COBOL, UNIX, DB2
Confidential, Lawrenceville, NJ
- Functioned as member of the Sales Audit team. Supported the package of legacy applications (COBOLII, JCL) and successfully completed miscellaneous work requests.
- Provided Production Support for user reported problems with Reports/Balancing and played a key role in system design and control reporting (COBOLII, DB2).
- Designed, developed and implemented an application processes that performed commission’s calculations for Saks Fifth Avenue Specialists (COBOLII, JCL).
- Collaborated with Loss Prevention user community to identify fraudulent activity on cash refund documents and store credits. This led to the savings of $1M due to fraudulent activity in 2006 (COBOLII, VSAM, DB2).
- Supported multi platform data interchange activities, sending data from IBM Mainframes (zOS) to IBM Regattas (AIX, JCL and FTP).
- Managed the leased vendor chargeback system for 3rd Party purchases in Saks Fifth Avenue stores. This led to annual savings of over $350,000 (COBOLII, VSAM and JCL).
- Worked closely with the Control Division and Accounting to enhance monthly summary reporting to support General Ledger and Stock Ledger adjustments (COBOLII, JCL, VSAM, DB2).
Environment: COBOLII, JCL, DB2, VSAM, FTP, FILEAID, LIBRARIAN
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
- Worked as an Information Systems Consultant for a major chemical company. Responsibilities, as a member of the Data Store Team and then the DuPont Core and Reporting System Team, included the maintenance and enhancement of a number of programs and jobs related to the Extract Systems for X-Polymers and Core/Reporting.
- Modified existing programs and job streams to correct production issues, developed the code, application and system test suites and implemented the change requests.
- Involved in all stages of the Export/Import Database System projects life cycle from architectural design to coding, testing, and promotion into production environment (COBOLII, DB2 and CICS).
- Participated in the recreation of Monthly Archiving System, for "Multi-Department Order System (MOS) - Datastore orders" and inventory adjustments (COBOL/COBOL II, DB2).
- Participated in the programming and testing of the YR2000 project for Extract Systems. (MF COBOL)
- Converted programs from MFCobol/COBOL to COBOL II.
Environment:COBOL/COBOL II, DB2, CICS, MF COBOL, JCL.
- Provided a number of the enterprise and departmental projects on all stages of application development, e.g., systems requirements and definitions, conceptual design, coding, testing, and implementation.
- Developed and maintained a General Billing System using COBOL, DB2 and mainframe utilities.
- Designed, coded, tested and supported applications to perform data-entry and file updating functions in batch environment.
- Analyzed and modified existing programs to improve performance and to adapt to new business requirements.
- Generated statistical reports according to management and user's requirements.
- Developed programs to perform process, extract, and update VSAM and DB2 tables.
- Advised personnel on technical issues.
Environment:COBOL II / JCL / DB2 / VSAM.