- Detail oriented programmer and team lead with 5 years of hands - on experience in IBM Mainframe - APS COBOL, JCL, DB2, VSAM, CICS, Easytrive, Endeavor, FILE-AID, TSO, ISPF SDSF, and Changeman.
- Successfully lead and executed wide-range of Development & Maintenance projects on-time and in-budget, surpassing client expectations. Key responsibilities included providing Estimation, Analysis, Technical Design, Code Development & Review, Testing and Implementation of both Batch & Online Mainframe applications. Excellent communication and client interaction skills and expertise in requirements gathering and Analysis
- Project Management expertise and Certification, in-depth knowledge of PM Methodologies and PMBOK Tools & Techniques.
Programming Languages: COBOL, JCL, APS COBOL, COBOL II, Easytrieve
Databases: DB2, VSAM, Oracle 9i
Operating Systems: IBM OS/390, z/OSA
Software Tools: TSO/ISPF, File Manager, File-Aid, Manage Now, SPUFI, ENDEVOR, ZEKE
OLPT: CICS, IMS
Office Tools: Lotus Notes, MS OfficePROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- Requirement analysis by interacting with clients and end users
- Onsite-offshore co-ordination (delegate, manage and monitor offshore team)
- Development and modification of the Batch and Online programs
- Conducting Unit and System testing of updates
- Deployment of deliverables in Production
Keane Software Engineer
- Independently handled various application enhancement requests ranging from 80 to 2600 person hours and managed a team of 3 members.
- Performed Code development and Unit Testing using APS COBOL, JCL, DB2 , Endevor, ZEKE
- Project documentation involving preparation of Estimates, Sow’s, Requirement Traceability Metrics, Technical Design Document and Unit Test Plans
- Packaging and installation of code in test environment and subsequently to production environment. Providing post production support for bug fixes etc.
- Co-ordinated CMMII assessment for our team and FSI module
- CSX used an integrated transportation management system (TMS) for managing transport network. The project involved conversion of TMS system to latest Enterprise COBOL platform.
- Prepared conversion approach, Design Document and Unit Test Plans for conversion
- Performed Code Development and Unit testing with the IMS screens
- Key contributor in the Conversion project, converted and testing numerous modules from COBOL II, COBOL III to Enterprise COBOL format in limited time frame
- Coordination and knowledge transfer within the team.
- Mapped APL EDI data files flow
- Extraction of data using Mercator, subsequent updating of data files
- Exposure to complete flow of APL EDI data files and Mercator tool