Objective: A challenging technical or managerial position offering growth opportunity, utilizing my skills in database administration and system programing in an IBM/DB2 MVS environment.
Summary of qualifications
Mainframe programmer with more than 10 years’ of information technology experience working in international environments. For three years I led a team within a systems migration project for Citi Global, and I led a similar project for Principal Financial Group. I participated in the consolidation of the Command Center for First Data Argentina and Brazil.
A professional that has a passion for building relationships and exceeding client and management expectations. Proven success in the areas of project management, and global consolidations, customer care centers, operations, software, new product implementation and process re - engineering solutions. Strong skills in team building, communications and presentation, as well as inter-department and executive client relations. Strong System Life Cycle skills (definition, analysis, technical design, construction, testing, implementation and production support).
Operating Systems: MVS, OS/390, Windows (XP, 2000, 98), DOS
Programming Languages: COBOL, CICS, JCL, SQL.
Database Tools: DB2, Spufy, SQL, VSAM, QMF, IDMS (ADSO/IDD/MAP) GEAC File Structure.
Application Packages: TSO/ISPF, IDCAMS, IEBCOPY, ENDEVOR, CHANGEMAN, CA-7, Infoman, EFTPS, ACH files, FILE-AID, Control M&R, QMF, SPUFI, VISIO, Xpediter.
IT Mainframe Programmer Technician II
Confidential, Denver, CO
- Programming in Mainframe using COBOL/DB2 programs/amendments based on design specifications
- Participated in the global Latin American consolidation of FDR Brazil and FDR Argentina
- Increased efficiency by developing re-usable COBOL/DB2 routines
- Evaluated system knowledge, and software implementation and conversion knowledge
- Sent, receive and validate FTP, NDM, ACH, and EFTPS file transfers generated by the client.
- Job abed resolution and job stream manipulation to ensure client deliverables are met.
Mainframe Programmer and Project Leader
Confidential, Tampa FL/Mexico City
- Managed three-year systems consolidation between Banamex and Citi Group
- Supported the client as a software development engineer using Cobol, DB2, CICS
- Increased productivity by creating solutions for inefficiencies by using technical expertise
- Received and distributed time estimates of work requests generated by the client
- Interacted daily with the client to define and resolve questions about work requests
- Used the utility QMF to test our DB/2 queries before coding them into our programs.
- Actively participated in technical planning discussions and reviews
QA On-Site Coordinator / Project Manager Jr.
Confidential, Des Moines, IA
- Worked hand-in-hand on projects with consultants and employees of Principal using Cobol/DB2, JCL, QMF.
- Familiarization with the Integration Points to be tested
- Designed test plans to thoroughly test all enhancements
- Execution of SQL queries and QMF to validate the information displayed in the front end of the application.
- Participated in the various phase of the project from the Analyze Functional Requirements until Formalize Project Termination
- Met the necessity of the client, met with the Business Analysis for the various Integration Points
- Coordinated and Reviewed the Test Matrix and Test Case design to be used in each Integration Point
Senior Analyst/ Mainframe Programmer
Confidential, El Paso, TX
- Served in the payroll human resource system for all of the company’s departments.
- Responsible for monitoring multiple payroll application cycles that involved all levels of the company, from the CEO to the mechanical staff
- Oversaw customer interaction, run-time improvements, cost savings, and updates to system documentation
- Gained experience in Systems Development Life Cycle; developed and executed project work plans and technical specs
- Maintained active hands-on involvement in analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and support in existing batch and online applications programs
- Read and interpreted complex design documents independently and explained to junior staff members as necessary
Confidential, Omaha, NE
- Served in the mainframe Y2K conversion for BASF S.A., a Brazilian company
- Followed SDLC phases for new requirements into the system
- Developed and maintained the work request required by the user using COBOL, CICS, DB2, JCL in the Financial System
- Communicated with users and customers in order to understand specific needs and requirements of their business processes