- Network data center & Security Professional with 8 years of experience in Designing and troubleshooting LAN, WAN, MPLS in Branch, Campus and Data Center environments.
- Experience in Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11) and deployment of light weight access point.
- Good knowledge and experience in Installation, Configuration and Administration of Windows 2000/2003, HTTP, FTP, DNS, NTP, DHCP servers under various LAN and WAN environments.
- Extensively exposed to troubleshooting, maintaining devices and migration of technology.
- Efficient use of Microsoft VISIO/Office for technical documentation and presentation tools.
- Experience in implementing and maintaining network monitoring tools like Cisco Works, HP Open view and network analyzers like Wire shark, solar winds tool.
- Strong hands on experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting of Cisco Nexus 7k, 5k, 2k, Cisco 7600, 7200, 3800, 3900, 2800, 2900 series Routers, Cisco Catalyst 6500, 4500, 2960 switches, 3750, 3850 Stack Switches.
- Technical lead for design and implementation of unified logging system on customer - servicing and corporate networks to meet Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and Payment Card Industry (PCI) regulations.
- Experienced in applying SQL Server database service packs, hot fixes and security patches
- Experience in implementing site-to-site and remote access VPN Technologies using GRE, IPSEC & MPLS.
- Expertise on Cisco Datacenter Switches such as Nexus 6500, 7000.
- Knowledge of implementing and troubleshooting complex L2/L3 technologies such as VLAN Trunks, VTP
- Ether channel, STP, RSTP, MPLS and MST.
- F5 LTM, GTM, Infoblox, and packet sniffers
- Cisco UC/UCCE & CVP and decommissioned NEC system.
- Working experience with Natting techniques on firewalls such as Cisco PIX, Cisco ASA Appliance.
- Understanding of Python scripts for system automation, monitoring and security reporting. Maintain existing Perl scripts and migration existing Perl scripts to Python.
- Good knowledge on HP Performance center/ load controller /load generator.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Cisco ACI, Cloud virtualization, VxLan, TCP/IP, HTTP, UDP, SSL, Confidential, MPLS, LDP, PIM, IGMP protocols.
- Contributed to research and evaluation/recommendations of new technologies such as Palo Alto firewalls.
- Strong knowledge of Cisco and Juniper software (IOS/XR and JunOS) and hardware.
- Worked extensively in Configuring, Monitoring and Troubleshooting Cisco's ASA 5500 with ACL, NAT, Object Groups, Failover, Multi-Contexts
- Experience with Cisco IOS, Cat OS, Cisco IOS XR and JUNIOS
- Planning, Designing, Installing, Configuring of Cisco 6500, 4500, 2900, 3500, 3750 XL series switches, Cisco 1800, 2500, 2600, 2800, 3600, 3800, 7200 series Routers.
- Expertise on JUNOS OS, J Series, M Series, MX Series.
- Strong experience in configuration and troubleshooting of routing protocolsPPP, RIP, EIGRP, Confidential, OSPF, HSRP, IPX, IP, IGMP, QoS, 802.1q and SNMP with excellent documentation skills.
- Extensive working experience of VLANs, Ether channels, Spanning tree protocol and HSRP.
Routing: Confidential, OSPF, EIGRP, Confidential, RIP, PBR, Route FilteringRedistribution, Summarization, Static Routing, GSR and CRS1
Switching: LAN, VTP, STP, PVST+, RPVST+, Inter VLAN routing Multi-Layer Switch, MPLS, Transparent Bridging
Routers: Juniper MX80, MX240, MX 480, MX960, ACX 1000, M120 Cisco 2620, 2901, 3925, 3945E, 7201, 7613
Switches: Juniper EX2200, EX 2500 Cisco Catalyst 2232, 2960, 35604507R+E, 5596, 6509-E, 7009 Nexus 2232, 5596, 7009
Network Security: Cisco ASA 5540, Juniper SRX 240, ACL, IPSEC, Checkpoint
Load Balancer: F5 Networks (Big-IP) LTM 6400, 1600
LAN: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet
WAN: PPP, HDLC, Channelized links (E1/T1/E3/T3), Fiber Optic Circuits, Frame Relay.
Gateway: HSRP, VRRP, GLBP
Redundancy: Various Features, IOS and Features, IRDP, NAT, SNMPSYSLOG, NTP, DHCP, CDP, TFTP, FTP & services
AAA Architecture: Confidential +, RADIUS, Cisco ACS, Check point, ASA, Palo AltoJuniper Firewall
Network Management: Wireshark, SNMP, Ethereal, EMC Smarts
Operating Systems: Windows (98, ME, 2000, XP, Server 2003/2008, VistaWindows 7)
VOIP Protocols: SIP, H323, RTCP, RTP, and MGCP
- Troubleshooting Confidential + and setting the server up and configuring the authentication parameters remotely.
- Did Hardware troubleshooting and software troubleshooting for nexus 6k and Confidential .
- Configuring SRX devices and troubleshooting them, connecting them with Cisco nexus devices to test connectivity.
- Migration from old Cisco switches such as catalyst switches to nexus Path Fabric s witches such as 5k and 6k.
- Configuring AAA on nexus 7k, 6k and 5k devices and troubleshooting them.
- Working on checkpoint firewall-1, configuring and troubleshooting them.
- Configuring Checkpoint VPN site to site and end to end, authentication and encryption.
- Configuring group policies and monitoring traffic using Cisco ISE solution.
- Migrating between Nexus 6k, 5k and 7K, and between 3k and Nexus devices.
- Testing codes (images) and interfaces for nexus 6k, Confidential .
- Testing Confidential, OSPF, RIB and static route between Confidential, nexus 6k devices and Juniper MX series.
- Worked on F5 BIG-IP LTM 8900, configured profiles, provided and ensured high availability.
- Worked on F5 and CSM load balancers deploying many load balancing techniques with multiple components for efficient performance
- Worked on F5 LTM, GTM series like 6400, 6800, 8800 for the corporate applications and their availability
- Migrating between ASR 9K networking devices.
- Configuring and troubleshooting MPLS backboon.
- Testing ASR 9k and configuring them with all Cisco Dynamic protocols as well as static routes.
- Testing SPAN on nexus and Arista devices and testing sflow and make sure that packets can be captures using Wireshark.
- Work on VM servers and troubleshooting it in a large and complex nexus, RSA and Juniper networks.
- Testing QoS for nexus 6k and Confidential using Ethanalyzer and TCPDump.
- Designing and implementing small networks in the lab of the company and communicating with the co-workers to get the best result based on the testing technology.
- Helping others who want to connect to either Arista or nexus devices to maintain cross vendor communication.
- Creating new templates for Nexus, Juniper, ASR, and Arista devices by accessing networking devices in production and analyzing the available configurations
- Updating available templates by deleting unneeded configurations that are no in production and add them otherwise.
- Upgrading and downgrading Nexus and Arista devices to meet other devices and new codes (images) requirements.
- Testing L3, VLAN, sub-interfaces, VLAN trunking, and SVI between Cisco, Arista and MX devices and make sure cross vendor communication is proper.
- Communicate with Cisco and Arista representatives to meet the company requirements, hardware and software wise.
- Classifying Cisco, juniper and Arista configurations to know what is needed and what is not needed for the templates.
- Using Visio and other Microsoft software extensively for documentation.
- Racking new devices to the lab intelligently and turn them on to make sure that hardware and software modules are compatible.
- Managing and configuring Cisco voice and video devices to meet the company requirement.
- Integrating Cisco networking devices with Cisco telephone devices and configuring the required end to end telephone calls using many protocols such as ISDN.
- Attending two weekly meetings, one for the team as a whole and the other one is dedicated for Cisco and Arista devices.
- Designing and implementing Confidential, OSPF, RIP, EIGRP topologies.
- Designing and testing VLAN, VPC, and VDCs on Cisco and Arista devices.
- Testing 100 G interfaces between Nexus 6k, Confidential, Juniper MX, ASR 9000 using short range and long ranges single mode and double mode cables.
- Testing power supply and cooling modules for Nexus devices to make sure that the heat is maintained as required.
- Testing MSTP, PVSTP and configure them on multivendor environment to make sure they work properly.
- Using Mac Authentication Bypass technology to authenticate nexus peers.
- Configuring Confidential clients on the nexus devices and testing them in the lab before pushing them to the production.
- Strong testing, writing, migration configurations for most of Cisco devices such as Nexus and ASR
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
Sr. Network Engineer
- Involved in design and implementation of Data Center Migration, worked on implementation strategies for the expansion of the MPLS VPN networks
- Experience converting Cat OS to Cisco IOS on the Cisco 6500 switches
- Designed MPLS VPN and QoS for the architecture using Cisco multi-layer switches
- Conversions to Confidential WAN routing which involves converting WAN routing from OSPF/EIGRP to Confidential
- Troubleshot LAN/WAN by using routing protocols EIGRP, OSPF, & Confidential .
- Switching related tasks included configuring VTP for Inter-VLAN Routing, Ether Channel (LACP & PAGP) and RPVST for loop avoidance.
- Configure/Troubleshoot CISCO 12000, 7500, 3800 series routers and 3560 series switch for LAN/WAN connectivity.
- Configure Call Manager for VoIP phones, workstations, printers and other applicable peripherals for users
- Experience with deploying PIM Sparse-mode/Dense-mode multicasting in Campus locations.
- Worked on Juniper MX 480, MX960.
- Exhaustive hands-on experience on Cisco, Juniper and network testing gears which include Ixia, breaking point etc. Testing includes multicast, Confidential, IS-IS and OSPF
- Install, configure and repair Level 2 network equipment, including: Brocade FCX648S switches, Brocade wireless Access Points (APs)
- Configuring, Administration and Troubleshooting of Quintum DX 2048, 2060 VOIP Gateways.
- Experience working with ASR 9000 series switches with IOS-XR
- Experience working with design and deployment of MPLS Layer 3 VPN cloud, involving VRF, Route Distinguisher(RD), Route Target(RT), Label Distribution Protocol (LDP) & MP- Confidential
- Implemented Access lists and policy mapping on Juniper router installed in each branch across all the states.
- Supporting Confidential and Confidential based on the network by resolving level 2 &3 problems of internal teams & external customers of all locations.
- Configure and Troubleshoot Juniper Router (J2320) with IOS (JUNOS 9.3).
- Performed IP address planning, designing, installation, configuration, testing, maintenance, and troubleshooting in complete LAN, WAN development
- Implemented Palo Alto PA-3050's in HA/VWire configuration for security and web filtering.
- Worked on configuration and commissioning of the MPLS circuits for various branch offices.
- Experience with design and deployment of Client VPN technologies including Cisco’s IPSECVPN between the ASA Firewall and between Cisco Routers.
- Networking technology includes routers, switches (L2/3), wireless, load balancers, firewalls, VPNs, wan acceleration, ACS, Cisco Works, IPAM, DNS, MPLS, IPsec tunnels, UCM, UCCE/X and Unity
- Responsible for checkpoint and Cisco ASA firewall administration across our global network
- Experience working with Cisco Nexus 2148 Fabric Extender and Nexus 5000 series to provide a Flexible Access Solution for a datacenter access architecture
- Experience with deployment of Fiber Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) between the Data Centers using Nexus 5548P Switch.
- Experience configuring VPC, VDC and ISSU software upgrade in Nexus 7010
- Experience in Configuring, upgrading and verifying NX-OS operation system with OSPF, Confidential
- Troubleshooting of complex LAN/WAN infrastructure that include routing protocols EIGRP, OSPF & Confidential, MPLS
- Serve as part of a team of network engineers responsible for base wide network upgrade from Cisco Layer 3 Catalyst switches to Juniper Layer 3 EX4200 & EX3200 switches.
- Design, implement and administer IPv4/IPv6 enterprise network infrastructure utilizing Juniper routers.
- Implemented Site-to Site IPsec VPN between two branch offices and also SSL VPN for user’s connecting from various locations.
- Use Exony as a tool to deploy UCCE/UCCX Agents settings for call routing and script.
- Configuration of gateways, CUCM, ICM, CVP, PGS, CAD as per business requirement.
- Actively involved in Data Center Migrations and its operations.
- Implemented antivirus and web filtering on Juniper SRX 240 at the web server
- Implementation and Configuration (Profiles, iRule) of F5 Big-IP LTM-6400 load balancers
- Provided Layer-3 redundancy by implementing HSRP and GLBP for High availability
Confidential, Strongsville, OH
- Assisted in the architecture, evaluation and recommendations related to purchasing and installing hardware, Software related to IP Networking.
- Worked as part of a team to manage Enterprise Network Infrastructure as a Tier 3 Support Engineer.
- Responsible for maintaining the entire Routing and switching domain across the campus / Branch to
- Head Office and also the Layer-2 campus network across the remote branches which included Configuring VLANs and trunks, Spanning Tree protocol, Port-Security, VLAN-MAPs and DOT1X for Switches and Wireless.
- Configuring RIP, OSPF and Static routing on Juniper M and MX series Routers
- Dealt with implementation of deployment related to Cisco devices and applying security policies on it.
- Troubleshoot issues related to VLAN, VLAN Trunking, HSRP failovers, related issues.
- Planning for upgrade of IOS on devices and performing the upgrade.
- Worked with convert Checkpoint VPN rules over to the Cisco ASA solution. Migration with both Checkpoint and Cisco ASA VPN experience.
- Experienced with Juniper: EX-2200, EX-4200, EX-4500, MX-480, M Series, SRX210, and SRX240 .
- Has done the Configuration on BIG IP (F5) Load balancers and also monitored the Packet Flow In the Load balancers.
- Project is for PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliance to identify security concerns with the network.
- Design and configuring of OSPF, Confidential on Juniper Routers and SRX Firewalls.
- Responsible for turning up Confidential peering and customer sessions, as well as debugging Confidential routing problems.
- Designing and Implementation of (LAN) VLANs, VTP, Spanning Tree (STP), Trunking (dot1q and ISL) and Ether channel.
- Configuration of gateways, CUCM, ICM, CVP, PGS, CCMP, CUIC, CAD as per business requirement.
- Involved in Configuring and implementing of Composite Network models consists of Cisco7600, 7200, 3800 series and ASR 9k, GSR 12K routers and Cisco 2950, 3500, 5000, 6500 Series switches.
- Acting as a tier 3 technical support engineer for all Juniper Screen OS and JunOS-based SRX
- Configured Juniper MX480s, EX8200s, EX4500s, EX4200s, and SRX5800s from scratch to match design.
- Has a good experience working with the Trouble Tickets on F5 Load balancers.
- Switch experience includes Cisco Catalyst switches: CISCO 3750, 4500, 6500 series switches.
- Monitored network traffic and developed capacity planning initiatives, making necessary recommendations additional resources or hardware.
- My responsibilities also include writing and executing Test Plan, Desk level procedures and Test Case
Confidential, Piscataway, NJ
- Project to migrate/re-design 700+ customer connections (MPLS & Frame) out of retired Data center to new Juniper M120.
- Manage and coordinate all infrastructure related moves, adds, and changes.
- Implement, and maintain Local/Wide Area Network over 13 branches.
- Configure rip, OSPF and Static routing on Juniper M and MX series Routers.
- Worked in Configuration and extension of VLAN from one network segment to other segment between different vendors switches (Cisco, Juniper)
- Configured network using routing protocols such as Confidential, RIP, OSPF, Confidential and troubleshooting L2/L3 issues.
- Providing technical security proposals, detailed RFP responses, security presentation, installing and configuring ASA firewalls, VPN networks and redesigning customer security architectures.
- Troubleshoot Hardware, Cisco IOS, install and configure Cisco routers and switches.
- Configure switch VLANs and inter-switch communication. Build and setup network Laboratory.
- Maintain effective communications with vendors, peers and clients in resolution of trouble-tickets,
- Design and implement Catalyst/ASA Firewall Service Module for various LAN’s.
- Key contributions include troubleshooting of complex LAN/WAN infrastructure that include routing protocols EIGRP, OSPF & Confidential .
- Managed the IP address space using subnets and variable length subnet masks (VLSM)
- Configured Client VPN technologies including Cisco’s VPN client via IPSEC.
- Configuring ACL to allow only authorized users to access the servers.
- Installation, Maintenance, Troubleshooting Local and Wide Areas Network by using ISDN, Frame relay, DDR, NAT, DHCP, TCP /IP.
- Provided Technical support in terms of upgrading, improving and expanding the network.
- Performed replacements of failed hardware and upgraded software
- Performed scheduled Virus Checks & Updates on all Servers & Desktops.
- Implementing Routing and Switching using the following protocols; IS-ISOSPG, Confidential on Juniper M series routers.
- Network Securities with Juniper SRX firewalls.
- Worked on Juniper MX240 and MX480
- Troubleshoot issues related to VLAN, VLAN Trunking, HSRP failovers, related issues.
- Configured IPSEC VPN on SRX series firewalls
- Hands on Experience in Configuring L2 and L3 security features on devices
- Used TFTP server to backup Cisco configuration files.
- Worked with snipping tools like Ethereal (Wire shark) to analyze the network problems.
- Involved in Local Area Network (LAN) design, troubleshooting, and maintenance as per company’s requirements.
- Configured VTP to manage VLAN database throughout the network for Inter-VLAN Routing.
- Involved in configuring and implementing of Composite Network models consists of Cisco 3750, 2620 and, 1900 series routers and Cisco 2950, 3500 Series switches.
- Configured RIP, and EIGRP on 2901 and 3925 Cisco routers.
- Configured VLANS to isolate different departments
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of network connectivity problems using PING, Track
- Design, installation and troubleshooting networks with hand-on experience with OSPF, Confidential, Confidential, VPLS , Multicast, VPN, MPLS , & Traffic engineering.
- Provided technical support for expansion of the existing network architecture to in corporate new users.