- Over 7+ years of professional experience in Cisco Routers, Switches, Designing, Network planning, Implementing, Testing and configuring of networking system.
- Hands on Experience in monitoring tools like SolarWinds, Kiwi - cat tool and packet capturing tool like Wire shark .
- Good knowledge in Subnetting and IPV4 implementation.
- Expertise in troubleshooting of routing protocols like OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, RIP-2.
- Expertise in remote access VPN solutions and site-to site using MPLS, GRE & IPSEC.
- In depth knowledge in IP-addressing, VLSM, Ping concepts and Proxy ARP .
- Expertise in WILDFIRE technologies where building, deploying and managing Palo Alto Firewalls .
- Worked on different network topologies and configurations in Routers, Hubs, Switches .
- In-depth knowledge in TCP/IP, UDP, Frame relay, Token Ring, ATM .
- Good experience in installing, configuring and maintaining Cisco Routers ( 3800, 3600, 2900, 2800, 1800, 1700, 800 ) Cisco Switches ( 6500, 4900, 3900, 3750, 3700, 3550, 3500 series) and Nexus 5k, 7k & 2k .
- In-depth knowledge on layer 2 and layer 3 protocols which including port spanning, spanning tree protocol, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP.
- Expertise in installing and configuring DHCP, DNS server.
- In-depth knowledge and configuring HSRP, GLBP, PPP, SNMP, VRRP, PAP and CHAP .
- Configuring VLAN setup on various Cisco Routers and Switches .
- Good knowledge in Cisco UC voice administration and also trouble shooting and configuring Voice VLANs, Cisco IP phones and Cisco IP PBX .
- Configured security policies like ACL (Access Control Lists), VPN, PAT and NAT, SSL, AAA (TACACS+ & RADIUS), IPS/IDS .
- Experience in convert the checkpoint VPN rules over the Cisco ASA solution.
- Understanding and working on different Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers & WAN technologies .
- Experience in configuring and migrations of instances on F5 Load Balancing techniques.
- Good knowledge and implementing SYSLOG, RADIUS and Cisco ISE.
- Efficient in presentation and technical documentation tools like Microsoft office/VISIO.
- Good knowledge in updating network diagrams in VISIO.
Routers: Cisco 1800,2600,2800,3600,3700,3800 series, GSX 12xx, ASR 1k & 9k, Juniper Ex 4200, 4500, SRX, MX seriesSwitches Cisco 3550,3750,3900,4900,6500, Nexus 5k,7k
Routing: Static Routing, Route Filtering, OSPF, EIGRP, BGR, MPLS, PBR, RIP-2, Redistribution, Summarization
Switching: Vlan, intervlan Routing, Multicast operations, Multi-layer switching, STP, VTP, RPVST+, PVST+, Layer 3 Switches, Transparent Bridging
Load Balancer: Cisco CSM, F5 Networks(Big-IP)
Firewalls: ASA firewall, Palo Alto, Checkpoint-2200,4000, SRX-550
WAN optimization: PPP Multilink, Cisco WAAS
WAN: Frame relay, MPLS, ISDN, Fiber optic circuits and Load Balancing, ATM
LAN: Gigabit Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Ethernet, Port channels, VLANS,802.1q, Token ring
Various Tools, Services & Features: Wire shark, Packet sniffer, Packet Analyzer, SolarWinds, Cisco works, DHCP, DNS, TFTP, FTP, JUNOS, GAIA, NAT/PAT, SSL-VPN, Syslog, CDP, IPSEC, GNS3
AAA Architecture: Cisco ACS, RADIUS, TACACS+
Confidential- Livonia, MI
Sr. Network Engineer
- Experienced working knowledge with Cisco 1800, 2500, 2600, 2800, 3600, 3800, 3900 series routers and Juniper MX, EX, SRX series routers.
- Configuring 7609,7606 with OSPF and Catalyst 6505, 4500, 3550 switches with various VLAN.
- Optimized performance of the WAN network consisting of Cisco 3550/4500/6500 switches by configuring VLANs.
- Experienced in troubleshooting Nexus 5k & 7k.
- Configured BPDU Guard, Port-fast, uplink fast and other spanning tree features.
- Preparing Metric report detailing on SLA performance of tickets and process quality report to analyse team performance & discussing on the improvement area.
- Hands-on experience in the network management of circuits using TDM and Frame Relay Managing and providing support to various project teams with regards to the addition of new Equipment such as routers, switches and firewalls to the DMZ s.
- Configured Cisco routers with OSPF, RIP, EIGRP, Static and default routes.
- Configuring, upgrading and verifying the NX-OS operation system.
- Troubleshooting of routing protocols like OSPF, BGP and modifying various BGP attributes like Local-pref, Weight, MED, RR attributes like Cluster-list & Originator-ID.
- Worked on F5 LTM series like 6400,6800,8800 for the corporate applications and their availability.
- Implement changes on switches, routers, load balancers (F5 and CSS), Wireless devices per engineer’s instructions and troubleshooting any related issues.
- Involved in the Configuration & troubleshooting of routing protocols: MP-BGP, OSPF, LDP, BGP V4.
- Troubleshooting issues related to layer 1/2/3 skills like switching/routing, WAN, Hardware and critical network links by coordinating with the vendor.
- Coordinating service provider for WAN link outages.
- Involved in VPN ( IPSEC and GRE ) migrations and new designs for the clients.
- Implementing and troubleshooting (on-call) IPsec VPN’s for various business lines and validating encryption domain and tunnel specific configurations with the client peer.
- Once trouble ticket has been created keep customer informed of status of ticket and estimated time to repair.
- Creation of change tickets and implement according to the customer requirements.
- Coordinating TAC team for device hardware and service issues.
- Monitor performance of network using various tools ( Solar winds, Net flow Analyzer ) to identify potential problems and bottleneck.
Environment: Cisco 1800/2500/2600/2800/3800/3900/7606 Routers, Juniper MX, SX, SRX series routers, Cisco 2924/3500/4900/6500 Switches, F5 BIG-IP, Nexus Switches, Checkpoint, Cisco ASA, VPN, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, RIP, VLAN
Confidential - Marshfield, WI
- Installing and configuring Cisco devices like Cisco catalyst switches, Nexus 7k,5k,2k as per requirement.
- Previously worked as part of security team and daily tasks included firewall rule analysis, rule modification and administration.
- Configured EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP on Cisco Routers.
- Resolving level1 & level 2 problems on EIGRP, OSPF and BGP.
- As part of DATA CENTER project, where I performed a migration from Cat 6513 Switches with WS-X6148A-45AF Line cards of version Cisco IOS version 12.2 to Nexus 7k Switches with Nexus 7000 Sup2E, N7K-F312FQ-25 M2 line cards of version NX-OS Release 5.2 adhering to ITIL change Management procedure.
- Also performed Dual-homing on nexus based platforms using the feature VPC and also maintained VRF’s is managed on the nexus platform using feature VDC .
- Configured VPC , FEX, and VDC’s on Nexus 5k,7k.
- Performed network administration tasks such as creation and management of VLANS, Port security, Trunking, RPVST+, Inter-VLAN routing, and LAN security.
- Experience working with Cisco Nexus 2148 Fabric Extender and Nexus 5000 series to provide a Flexible Access Solution for datacentre access architecture.
- Used Fabric Extender like 2248TP GE series for the top of the rack solution and used 5548p for the end of the row solution.
- Performed Network Security Assessment and implemented security features such as network filtering, SSH, AAA, SNMP access lists, VTY access lists, EIGRP MD5 authentication, and HSRP authentication.
- Configured ACLS on Cisco 5540ASA firewall for Internet Access requests for servers, NAT, PAT, Object Grouping and Protocol Handling.
- Worked on TACACS+ and RADIUS server for AAA authentication and user authentication.
- Translating Cisco IOS Route maps to Cisco IOS XR Routing policies.
- Involved in migration from Frame-Relay/ATM network to MPLS -based VPN for customer’s WAN infrastructure.
- Worked on F5 BIG-IP LTM/GTM6900 configured profiles, and provided and ensured high availability and maintained policies on f5 Application Security Manager(ASM).
- Managing and implementation of PORs (port open requests) based on the requirements of various departments and business lines.
- Support Multi area OSPF implementations.
- Building VPN Encryption and VPN tunnel.
- Good knowledge in updating Network diagram to Microsoft VISIO.
Environment: Cisco Nexus Switches 2k, 5k, 7k Cisco 3750/3550/2960 Switches and Cisco 2800/3640/3845/7200 routers, Cisco ASA5540 firewall, OSPF, NAT, PAT
Confidential - Waterford, MI
- Configured ACLs on Cisco 5540ASA firewall to servers, NAT, PAT, Protocol Handling for internet Access requests.
- Performed basic security audit of perimeter routers, writing and applying ACL’s and identifying missing ACL’s.
- Maintained, upgrade and troubleshooting Cisco IOS on Cisco Switches and Routers.
- Install IOS flash, configurations and trouble shoot Cisco routers and Layer2 switches.
- Using Cisco Secure(RADIUS/TACACS+) for secured network access.
- Configured network access servers for AAA security.
- Solving interoperability issues with Checkpoint, juniper and cisco in Lan based environment.
- Worked extensively on Cisco firewalls, Cisco PIX (506E/5151E/525/) & ASA 5500(5510/5540) series.
- Converting Cat OS to Cisco IOS Config on switches.
- Implemented Palo Alto network for the help of positive enforcement model.
- Implementing ITIL process to change management process.
- Working and understanding JUNOS platform and also upgrading IOS in juniper devices.
- Creating juniper SRX firewall policies.
- Identifying and troubleshooting network problems and fixing it by using wire shark.
- Network redesign and configuration WAN and LAN infrastructure utilizing redundant Cisco ASA firewalls, Cisco Switches and Routers over MPLS and VPN connectivity.
- Configuring Cisco ASA firewalls to IPSEC VPN (site-site to remote Access).
- Implementing VLAN ID for all user ports to non-trunking ports, trunk ports and deployed port security while it possible for all user ports which is responsible for layer 2 securities.
- Remediation of firewall rules from Checkpoint firewalls to Cisco ASA firewalls and their implementations.
- Worked on migrated of existing PIX firewall to ASA firewall.
- Available 24x7 on-call support for any network issues.
Environment: Cisco 1800/2800/3800/7200 Routers, Cisco 2950/3500/5000 Switches, Cisco ASA firewalls, IPSEC VPN, NAT, OSPF, BGP, EIRGP, RIP, LAN, WAN, F5 BIG-IP LTM, ACL, MPLS, TACAS, WIRE SHARK, Palo alto
Confidential - Pittsburgh, PA
- Worked on 2600,2800,3600 Cisco router series and 3550,4550 and 6500 Cisco Switches.
- Monitored Cisco equipment’s by using Cisco works .
- Configured VLAN from on one network to another vender switches ( Cisco, Juniper).
- Configured Inter-VLAN Routing for VTP and PVSTP+ for loop prevention.
- Using Ping, Trace route for maintenance and troubleshooting of LAN connectivity.
- Using 802.1x port based authentication for configures switch.
- Used Load balancer F5LTM between DMZ in the network and in the servers.
- Knowledge on F5LTM and CSM load balancers .
- Monitored routing protocols like MPLS, BGP, OSPF, RIP and EIRGP .
- Knowledge on AAA for TACACS+ and RADIUS servers.
- Maintained and created network administration task like such as Port security.
- Providing support to various project teams with an addition of firewalls and routers switches to the DMZS.
- Solving project execution on root cause analysis on the problems coming across.
- Configuring SRX series firewalls on IPSEC VPN.
- Configured Cisco routers 2600,2900,2800 and 3600 series to RIP and EIGRP.
- Configured OSPF, RIP on Juniper M and MX series routers.
- Deployed and configured HSRP with switches in high availability.
- Using solar winds for optimum traffic distribution and load balancing.
ENVIRONMENT: Cisco 3600,3845,2800,7200 routers, Cisco 3500,3550,3750,2950 switches, Net flow, TACAS, ACL, VLAN, MPLS, F5 LOAD Balancer, EIGRP, RIP, OSFP, BGP, VPN, Checkpoint Cisco ASA
- Maintained and configured Cisco Routers and Switches, ASA firewalls and other Cisco technologies .
- Worked on AAA authentication servers like TACACS + and RADIUS .
- Troubleshooting and configuring in networking, analysis of any issues in management systems and network elements.
- Configured different users over all the company to access in applications and blocking others in access list (Standard, Extended and Named).
- Troubleshooting on multi-protocol connectivity issues and TCP/IP problems.
- Configured Trunking protocols (802.1q and ISL) on Cisco Catalyst switches 3560,3750,4500,6500 series.
- Installing and configuring network-based IT systems such as cabling, racking, and stacking.
- Configured VTP, VLANS, Private VLANs, STP, Trunking on switches.
- Network operations and performance tuning.
- Configured RIP, PPP, BGP, OSPF and EIRGP routing.
- Provided Remote access VPNs using GRE tunnelling mechanisms and IPSEC.
- Working on various networking tools like solar wind, wire shark.
- Availability 24x7 answering phone calls for network issues and resolving it.
jr Network Engineer
- Working and Designing solutions and requirements for Cisco Routers and Switches.
- Configuring VLANS according to the server team requirements with 802.1Q tagging.
- Real time monitoring and network management using Cisco Works LMS .
- Maintained and installed wireless access points on varies locations in company.
- Good knowledge on EIRGP, OSPF, RIP, BGP network routing protocol.
- Understanding about VOIP devices and its protocols like RTP, SIP, H.323 .
- Maintained and support for Trunk management, Interactive Voice Response, CMS for SIP based Cisco phones .
- Involved in troubleshooting of DNS, DHCP and other IP conflict problems.
- Provided helpdesk for computer related problems and network related issues to remote production sites.