- Overall 6+years of IT experience as a Devops/AWS Engineer in understanding the principles, design and implementation of Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Continuous Deliveryand Cloud Implementation from one environment to another environment.
- Experience in working with various technologies and platform including UNIX/Linux, GIT, Subversion, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Rundeck, AWS, Tomcat, Ansible, Docker and Chef.
- Compute Cloud (EC2), Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), S3, Volumes, Snapshots, RDS, Security Groups, Route 53, Elastic Load Balancer(ELB), Cloudwatch, Cloud Formation, CloudFront, Code Deploy, Pipeline, Elastic Bean Stack, Deploying, managing, and operating scalable, highly available, fault tolerant systems on AWS.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN) on Linux platforms.
- Expertise in build tools like MAVEN and ANT for building artifacts from source code and deploying it on multiple environments such as DEV, QA, UAT and PROD.
- Experience in managing the artifacts generated by MAVEN in the Nexus, JFrog repository.
- Configured and Implemented Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment using Jenkins.
- Experience with administrative tasks with CI tools like maintaining configurations and backups and maintain high availability. Worked with Jenkins Pipeline. Experience in setting up Upstream and Downstream Jobs in Jenkins.
- Experience on using Ansible playbooks for Configuration Management, Continuous Deployment and Server provisioning.
- Experienced in working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker Hub, and Docker Registry. Created and managed a Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in the cloud using Jenkins.
- Good experience in Network and Performance Monitoring and Tuning using Nagios, Splunk
- Experience in Configuring and managing the servers using provisioning tools such as Chef, Ansible on AWS platform.
- Expertise in Creating & Handling cookbooks and recipes using Ruby in Chef Workstation&deploying them to various nodes.
- Experience in working with F5 load balancer, software load balancer, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Experience with Apache/Tomcat, Load Balancer (Apache) and expertise in making configuration changes.
- Experienced in Managing User Accounts and Groups, Managing Files, Directories, Package/Patch Management and Configuration, Managing Services, Volume Management.
- Managing DNS, LDAP, FTP, SSH, SMTP, NFS, SMB, Tomcat & Apache web servers HTTP/HTTPS on Linux servers.
- Developed advanced JIRA workflows based on user requirements.
- Closely worked with Developers and Analysts to address project requirements. Able to effectively manage time and prioritize multiple projects.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot any issues generated while building, deploying and in production support.
Scripting Languages: Shell, Bash, Ruby and Python
Build Tools: Ant, Maven
Artifactories: Nexus, Artifactory
CI Tools: Jenkins
Configuration Management: Ansible, Chef
Cloud Technologies: AWS (EC2, VPC, Elastic Beanstalk, ELB, IAM, SNS, RDS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, AWS Config, S3, Route 53, Cloud Trail, VMWare).
Version Controlling Tools: GIT, SVN
Operating System: Windows Variants, Linux
Database: MariaDB, MySQL, MangoDB
Web Servers: Apache, Nginx
Application Servers: Apache Tomcat
Web Technologies: HTML, JDBC, XML, Java Script
Continuous monitoring tool: Nagios, Splunk
Build Tracking Tools: JIRA
Sr. Devops and AWS Engineer
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Build and configure a virtual data center in the Amazon Web Services cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Worked on creation of custom Docker container images, tagging and pushing the images to DockerHub container.
- Integrated Docker container based test infrastructure to Jenkins CI test flow.
- Experience in writing Bash shell scripts for setting up job automation across the environment using crontab.
- Used GitHub for source code management and integrated with Jenkins for CI/CD pipeline, code quality tracking and user management with build tools Maven.
- Maintained Artifacts in binary repositories using JFrogArtifactory and pushed new Artifacts by configuring the Jenkins project using Jenkins Artifactory Plugin.
- Expert in Automation of Release and Deploy configuration management to different environments i.e. QA, UAT and production.
- Installed and configured Chef and written recipes to automate the administrative tasks.
- Coded multiple recipes and cookbooks in Chef to administer the node servers and to automate the deployments.
- Worked on setting up Splunk to capture and analyze logs from various layers such as Load Balancers, Web servers and application servers.
- Handled issues in different environments throughout the agile work flow by making proper configuration changes.
Environment: AWS(IAM, EC2, S3, VPC, Security groups, Auto - scaling groups, ELB, Route 53, Chef, GIT, Jenkins, Docker, JFrog, Maven, Jenkins, Splunk, Unix/Linux, Shell Scripting
- Involved in designing and deploying multiple applications utilizing AWS resources (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Assign Roles, manage Users and groups and assign policies using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Worked on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto-Scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Creating S3 buckets and managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and EBS Glacier for Archival storage and backup on AWS.
- Utilized Configuration Management Tool Chef to create and managed Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks, Recipes, Resources and Run lists, Managed Chef client nodes, and uploaded cookbooks to chef-server using Workstation.
- Have implemented chef provisioning for creation of on demand instances and instance infrastructure using the chef-client and bootstrapping using plugins against AWS EC2.
- Used Chef to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands and Packages.
- Working with source code management tool GIT to maintain the versions of the committed code.
- Extensively worked on CI and CD process by automating build on time basis using Jenkins.
- Responsible for the Plugin Management, User Management and End-End build and deploy setup using Jenkins.
- Scheduled Jenkins jobs by integrating GITHUB, Maven and Nexus for the automated builds using Shell scripts.
- Deployment of binary code in the form of JAR, WAR and EAR files to Apache Tomcat server from the Nexus Repository.
Environment: RHEL 6.x,7.1, AWS (EC2, VPC, IAM, S3, cloud formation, cloud watch and Route53), GIT, GITHUB, Maven, Jenkins, chef, Apache Tomcat, Ruby, Bash scripting
- Extensively worked on installation, configuration and maintenance of Linux servers, Apache tomcat and mail server in Linux environment.
- Developed builds using Jenkins for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment and worked with different tools such as Git, Maven, Ant, Nexus, Tomcat, JDBC.
- Working closely with Architecture, Development, Test, Security and IT services teams.
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing an automation solution.
- Used SVN and GIT as source code repository. Experience in migrating data from SVN to GIT using git-svn
- Cloning Git repositories with Jenkins and schedule automated jobs using POLL SCM option.
- Integrating Maven, Ant projects with Jenkins to generate builds and managing the artifacts using Sonatype Nexus repository for continuous integration process.
- Created and administer user accounts in Jenkins, Sonatype Nexus, SonarQube, GitLab and AWS services.
- Developed scripts to automate jobs for building and deploying to various environments like QA, UAT and PROD.
- Setting up the Pipelines for continuous deployment in release management.
- Worked on configuring Ansible Servers, installing Ansible and bootstrapping nodes with Host servers.
- Involved in writing Ansible playbooks to install and configure Apache, tomcat, Jenkins, Rundeck and also to implement deployments to multiple platforms on AWS.
- Installed and configured Nagios monitoring tool, while using it for monitoring network services and host resources.
- Knowledge in supporting the various webservers (Tomcat, Apache) running on Linux operating system.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating the projects.
- Experience in deploying WAR, JAR, and EAR files in tomcat application servers in Linux/Unix/Windows environment.
Environment: Maven, Ant, Jenkins, JIRA,Ansible, Python, Shell scripting, Linux, GIT, SVN, AWS, EC2, S3, IAM, VPC
Build & Release/Linux Administator
- Build and deployed multi-tier J2EE application using Ant, Maven,Nexus and Jenkins into different environments Development/QA/SIT/UAT/Regression/Production.
- Provided systems administration support for UNIX systems including server and workstation upgrades, backup and disaster recovery monitoring, user account setup and security administration
- Configured and developed scripts using shell/PERL/groovy to automate build and release process.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies. Created GIT repositories and specified branching strategies that best fitted the needs for the client.
- Developed and maintained build script using Apache ANT, MAVEN for J2EE to perform buildefficiently
- Automated Strong Experience on Amazon Web Services (AWS) resources like Identity and Access Management (IAM), Elastic the buildProcess using Jenkins and handled complete Buildand Release process including code, documentation and supporting testing team along with the server Administration.
- Perform initial troubleshooting of buildfailures, coordination of resolution efforts and communication with appropriate team members.
- Improved and maintained build scripts for environmental changes for stabilization and efficiency.
- Implemented the SSL and TLS protocols by using OpenSSL.
- Configuring and maintaining network services such as LDAP, DNS, NIS, NFS, Web, Mail, HTTP, DHCP, TFTP, FTP.
- JIRA has been used as Issue Tracking Tool. Working with JIRA tool to track all the defects and changes released to all environments.
- System Administration tickets like adding hosts, assign static IPs to hosts, Adding aliases to hosts.
- Experience with webserver configuration like Apache &WebLogic on both Linux & UNIX.
Environment: s: RHEL/Centos, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, SSL, LDAP, JIRA, SSL, DNS, NIS, DHCP, JIRA, Jenkins
- Creation & Maintenance of user accounts & passwords & profiles, home directories, initialization of files, groups, creation and management, setting file permissions, customizing shell environment setup for users.
- Developed BASH, Python, shell scripts to automate cron jobs and system maintenance.
- Assisting in basic troubleshooting of OS level issues like unexpected reboot, system down, user login problems.
- Setting up user environment according to their profiles and roles.
- Granting access to Share folders and files for individuals and groups as applicable.
- Installation and setting up Firewall (IP tables).
- Performed servers updates, patching, upgrade and package installations using RPM.
- Ensure server security integrity by reviewing and implementing server policies within the system.
- Remote system administration using tools like SSH, Telnet.
- Monitoring and troubleshoot backups and schedule Cron jobs.
- Used bash, awk, and sed to automate most of the daily activities like log monitoring, log rotation and purging, proactive systems monitoring including disk error detection.
- System administration tasks such as monitoring file system size, CPU, Memory and network performance and generation of daily system report.
- Remotely coping files using sftp, ftp, scp, winscp, and filezilla.
- Administered Linux server for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, mail server.
- Installing and Configuring Redhat Linux locally or over the network-kick start- (nfs, ftp, http).
- Made backups of the directories and files using the tar, gzip, and gunzip tools.
Environment: s: RHEL/Centos, Shell, Python, SSH, FTP, Apache Tomcat server,