- IT Professional with 6+ years of experience in Windows and VMware Administration with a primary focus on installation, configuration, and administration of VMware vSphere ESX/ESXi 6.0,5.5, and 5.0 VMware Virtualization, VMware Vcenter 6.0,5.5 and 5.0Windows servers (2003,08, 12), Citrix 7.6 version(XenApp).
- Experience in implementing and administering VMware vSphere Permissions, HA settings, DRS settings, FT settings, Cluster groups, Resource Pools, Host Profiles, Licensing, Templates, ThinApp and Networking.
- Extensive experience with Windows Servers on single or multi domain platforms.
- Experience in updating / upgrading ESXi servers, Virtual Center servers and windows virtual machines using VMware Update manager and manual upgrades for Patching.
- Experience in Private Cloud and Public Cloud (Iaas) in AWS, VMware and Azure Cloud.
- Extensive knowledge in advance features of ESXi VMOTION, SVMOTION, VM Lab Manager and Orchestrator.
- Experience in the V2V and P2V migration using VMware Standalone Converter or Plate Spin.
- Experience with SQL 2008, 2005 and 2000 server.
- Connecting and configuring SAN and NAS storage into the ESXi and Hyper - V servers.
- Experience in System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and System Center Operations Manager. (SCOM).
- Experienced in Configuring FC, SAN, VMFS, iSCSI SAN and NAS Storage with Different Vendors like EMC, NetApp.
- Experience in Designing and Implementing VMware Horizon View (VDI) for Linked clone technology using view composer.
- Experience in deploying and maintaining vCenter/ vRealize Operations Manager (VCOPS/VROPS).
- Knowledge about how to implement VMware vRealize Orchestration (VRO), VMware vRealize Automation(VRA) and creating workflows in VRO.
- Experience in managing Cisco UCS servers using Cisco UCS manager to ensure all the alerts were addressed.
- Experience in handling hardware manufactured by Cisco, IBM, Dell, HP, EMC and NetApp.
- Knowledge of maintaining Business Continuity and performing Disaster Recovery (DR) using VMware SiteRecovery Manager (SRM).
- Strong knowledge on Citrix Presentation/XenApp server.
- Experience in Active Directory, GPOs, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, WINS, IIS (Web Server), FTP, Terminal Server, WSUS, Microsoft Clustering and Exchange Server.
- Good understanding of windows and VMware server automation using scripting language PowerShell, andPower CLI.
- Strong interpersonal communication and technical skills in software, hardware and networking which help me to quickly identify and resolve issues.
Operating Systems: Windows 2008/2008R2/2012, Linux (Red Hat, Cent OS)Storage: EMC VNX
Hardware: HP DL380, DL580, BL460c, BL660c, Dell Power Edge
Networking: TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, FTP/TFTP, NFS, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, VPN.
Application & Virtualization: VMware vSphere 4.1, 5.0, 5.1, 5.5, 6.0 (ESX/ESXi, vCenter server, VMware converter, VMware Update manager), VMware Infrastructure (VI) 2.5 and 3.5, and vCOPs/vROPs.
Database: MySQL, Oracle
CommandLine Tool: Esxcli, Powershell.
Service Catalog: ServiceNow
Windows Admin/ VMware Engineer
Confidentia, Charlotte, NC
- Provide consultation, design, implement services for the Datacenter and IT Infrastructure.
- Design, install, and maintain VMware vSphere including ESXi servers, HA. DRS, vMotion and vCenter.
- Troubleshooting and problem resolution of Virtualization (vSphere 4.1\5.1\5.5) Infrastructure.
- Creating and maintaining the server templates up-to date. Performing Virtual machine builds and P2V (Physical-to-Virtual) conversions.
- Build, support Windows and Linux OS.
- Performance monitoring of VM’S & ESXi Servers using vCenter and other monitoring tools.
- Involved in both the types of migrations - Hot migration and Cold migration depending on the priority and severity of the server.
- Experience with Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM), Veritas File System (VxFS), Veritas Net Backup, Veritas Clustering with SAN, NAS environment.
- Extensive experience in managing vBlock using native element managers including vCenter, UCS, UIM, Unisphere, Cisco Nexus CLI and fabric manager.
- Responsible in working with Patch management for acquiring the patches and pushing them to the systems.
- According to the specifications has performed patch management i.e installing patches uniformly and automatically.
- Using Update Manager for upgrading ESXi versions or applying ESXi OS hotfixes, patches.
- Enabling VMware features like vMotion, Storage vMotion, High Availability (HA), Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS).
- Configuring Virtual Distributed & Standard Switch.
- Cisco UCS - Configure, troubleshoot, service profiles, VLAN management, blade/OS installation.
- Hands-on experience with Dell, HP, Cisco Blades/Rack Server hardware.
- Touch based with and gained some Understanding and Knowledge Vblock and components and experience.
- Performed patch analysis, patch deployment, post-provisioning (installing SEP, Splunk, Netbackup etc.) of over 800 Windows servers.
- Backup, Restore, Archive Virtual Machines using CommVault Simpana.
- Ensuring the server builds are in compliance with Security Audit guidelines.
- Implemented DR solutions using vCenter Site Recovery Manager, EMC Replication Manager.
- SAN Administration: DAE Cascading, Zoning, Installing Hard Drives, Dry Run Test, Install vendor proprietary software packages (Unisphere, Replication Manager), LUN Management and Host Mapping.
- Maintaining and troubleshoot windows servers windows 2003, 2008R2 and 2012 versions and configuring them for SolarWind monitoring and Symantec Netbackup.
- Worked on the converged infrastructure VBlock and handled VMware, Compute, Network and storage components of it.
- Used PowerShell to automate the tasks and schedule backup, maintenance jobs.
- Performed root cause analysis and taken necessary actions for permanent fix.
- Handled the operations as per defined best practices. Performed Capacity Management functions.
- Collaborated with Storage / Network / Data Center / Facilities / Audit / Compliance and PMO teams.
- Involved in Business Continuation / Disaster Recovery infrastructure planning, building, and testing Did project planning, documentation and reporting.
- Mentoring/Training system engineers and support teams.
- Adhering to ITIL framework while handling the incident, problem, change tickets to meet SLA.
- Stabilize existing Infrastructure services by pro-actively analyzing known issues, testing upgrades.
- Implement the technical solutions as per the best practices from vendors.
- Create Standard Operating Procedures, technical run books
Environment: Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016 R2, AD, DNS, DHCP, IIS, Citrix, Linux, VMware ESXi 5.0/5.1/5.5/6.0, VMware vSphere client, VMware vCenter, HP ProLiant BL460C & BL620C Blade Server series, HP ProLiant DL 380/385/580/585. HP C3000\C7000 Blade Chassis
Windows Admin/ VMware Engineer
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Administered VMware Infrastructure - vSphere/vCenter/VDI environments from development and supporting day today maintenance, running over 150 ESX / ESXi Hosts and 2500 Virtual Machines.
- Managed Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) VMware View 7.0/6.2/5.0 by configuring VMware View Composer, View Connection Server, View Agent and View Client.
- Hands on Experience in deploying new VMware Horizon 7 features Instant Clones, Blast Extreme, Identity Manager, Smart policies, Horizon Access Point, Horizon Linux Desktops.
- Worked on VMware ESX 6.0/5.5 Installation and virtual machines setup using Virtual Infrastructure client.
- Deployed Azure services for a hybrid based authorization and encryption system.
- Responsible for all AD, IIS, SQL, Load Balancing, NSG's, and VPN configurations for Azure .
- Worked on Share Point application to maintain the financial documents.
- Performing regular RCM upgrades for the VBlock's and upgrading the traditional hardware with latest codes.
- I have worked on Veeam Backup and Netbackup.
- Backup administration using Symantec Backup Exec and Symantec NetBackup.
- Configured VMware on clustered environment, Implemented vMotion.
- I have hands on experience in VMare vDS with Nexus 1000v.
- Monitored performance, capacity and health of infrastructure using VCOPS 5.7.
- Application migration, deployment with ThinApp and ThinApp Factoryused VMWare Horizon View Composer to provision desktop pools using manual provisioning methods.
- Managing and provisioning virtual resources using vCloud Director 5.1
- Well versed with DRP and Business Continuity Planning using SRM 5, Recover Point.
- Built ESX servers and implemented complete integration with SAN for vMotion in a VMware DRS and HA enabled environment.
- Migration of production Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V cluster to Server 2012 Hyper-V cluster.
- Performed backup and restore operations of Vmware host servers' configuration, Virtual machines backup, snapshots, P2V-V2V conversion using VMware stand-alone convertor, applying Patch updates, monitoring/reporting, SSH, SNMP and alerts notification. Configured and used EMC Recover Point for replication.
- Trouble shooting the issues in the VBlock's hardware's & applications.
- Performed Inter-Forest migration of users, workstations, and servers to Active Directory 2012 using Microsoft's Active Directory Migration Tool (ADMT) v3.2.
- Administering production servers/network infrastructure that includes Windows Administration of Domain Controllers, IIS Web Servers (HTTP/S, FTP and SMTP), Exchange 2003/2010 Mail Servers, NAS, File and print Servers and Terminal Servers on Windows 2003/2008/2008 R2.
- Responsible production support of Active directory (AD), GPO, Domain users, Users and groups and given appropriate permissions, shares and privilege to access LAN and Domain environment.
- Installed, Configured and Implemented Terminal Server (TS) RemoteApp on IIS 7.0 Windows 2008 R2 published applications using TS Web Access, RemoteApp program and TS Gateway.
- Rebuilt Hyper-V environment and transitioned into a cluster, providing High Availability and Failover.
- Ensure successful completion of all Symantec Backup Exec and Netbackup jobs, Restore files and systems as needed.
- Configure constrained delegation in Active Directory for Kerberos enabled applications.
- Maintain systems using SCCM (admin)and SCOM, Install new System Center environments and services, Microsoft Windows XP/7.
- Configure & support VMware backups and restores using Symantec's Netback up, also experience with VERITAS Backup Exec software.
- Troubleshooting of misconfigured or malfunctioning monitoring, operations manager infrastructure issues, Agent provisioning / de provisioning, test patches and service packs.
- Worked with vRealize operations manager administrator on capacity planning, created and reserved VMs in a datacenter for an upcoming project.
- Monitoring VBlock Hardware Health/Availability status and event alarms for Incident Management.
- Work in conjunction with VDI Project Teams in design, development and implementation of VDI-related operational procedures, standards and deliverables pertaining to new VDI projects.
- Monitoring and Reporting the health status of VMware Horizon View VDI Environment and Vsphere Environments using vCOPS/vROPS.
- Responsible for using Power CLI and Power shell scripts for better management of VSphere and VDI environments.
- Implemented PCoIP Network bandwidth optimization techniques over long distance WAN VDI using PCOIP ADM templates and applied PCoIP Optimization settings using Group Policies.
- Strong Knowledge of P2V and V2V Conversions using VMware Converter.
- Storage Knowledge of setting and configuring of EMC SAN, NAS, iSCSI, Netapp storage from Virtual platform end.
- Knowledge of setting up of HP G7 Blade servers, Oracle business intelligence servers, IBM Blade servers, UNIX servers, DELL servers, AIX,cisco UCSB series hardware servers in datacenters in adding memory, storage, network cards and network cable setup
Environment: Horizon View 7.0, VMware Horizon 6.2/5.3, VMware App Volumes, VSphere Suite 5.1 and 5.5, ESXi 5.1 and 5.5, Virtual Center 5.1 and 5.5, ThinApp 5.0, AWS Cloud, MS Azure, VShield, Trend Micro AV, View Persona, SASGrid, RHEL Linux, Cisco vDS, VCAC, VCO, VMware Converter, Comvault, Avamar, Okta, RSA Secure ID, SCCM, SCOM, Service Now, DataDomain, Cisco UCS, HP DL G5, G7 and HP Blade BL 460c G8 servers,IBM Blade servers, DELL servers, UNIX servers, Netapp Storage,Azure,Cisco Nexus 1000V, EMC Xtreme I/O, Share Point.
Windows Admin/ VMware Engineer
- Perform regular maintenance of Windows Server 2008R2/2012 & 2003 and Supported VMware ESXi 5.5 &6.0 infrastructure for production/non-production environments including HA/DRS Clustering.
- Installation, Configuring, Deploying, Trouble shooting, administration and maintenance of VMware view Composer, View Connection Manager and Wyse manager to make VMware View (VDI Virtual Desktop Infrastructure 4.5/5.2) efficient and simplifies desktop administrative management tasks
- Set up production VDI environment, includes ESXI clusters, Security Server and Connection Manager Servers.
- Designed, configured and deployed Microsoft Azure for a multitude of application s utilizing the Azure stack (Including Compute, Web&Mobile, Blobs, ADF, Resource Groups, Azure SQL DW, Cloud Services, and ARM, focusing on high-availability, Disaster Recovery, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- I have worked on Cisco Nexus 1000V which runs as a part of the VMware ESX or ESXi kernel and replaces the virtual switch.
- Identified and developed automation for routine infrastructure tasks, notably, auto scaling virtual machines using vRealize operations, vRealize orchestrator and powerCLI.
- Experience in managing SQL database server 2008, 2012.
- Monitor and maintain VDI Systems Health Status & Work with Desktop Enterprise groups in resolving VDIrelated issues & performing other tasks as assigned by Client Manager.
- Support in Administration of RHEL, Centos and Ubuntu which includes installation, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting both physical and virtual server issues.
- Installed ESX and ESXi servers on HP and DELL hardware.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, Azure Backup and Azure Site Recovery services , Involved in Disaster recovery solution for VMware vSphere Environment, vSphere Linked Mode and Replicated Storage, Failback Testing from Protected Site to Recovery Site in SRM and Shared Recovery Site across multiple Protected Sites
- Build 200+ VMware vSphere hosts and added to new/existing VMware Clusters. vSphere6.0 configuration: vCenter 6.0, ESXi 6.0 cluster setup and configuring VMware vSphere Distributed services ( vMotion; Storage vMotion; DRS; HA; FT)
- Performed P2V and V2V migrations using VMware Converter.
- Worked on IBM Blade server environment with AIX and Mobile iron.
- SAN space allocation for ESXi server's host. Scanning and configuring LUN for ESXi server.
- Configuring and troubleshooting the virtual network. (Standard vSwitch & Distributed vSwitch, design network Load balancing).
- Worked on EMC storages with EMC Administrators for storage allocation and LUN distribution strategy for VMware environment.
- I have hands on experience on working with Orion Solar winds.
- I have hands on experience on Cisco vDS.
- Implementing and checking security baselines on vBlock devices.
- Configure and deploy new Microsoft windows using WSUS and SCCM (admin) for patch management throughout the data center on the servers running Windows operating system.
- Setting up infrastructure for monitoring through SCOM 2012 and developing management packs as per the requirement.
- Designed and Implemented VMware Horizon View for Linked clone technology using View Composer.
- Monitoring and Reporting the health status of VMware Horizon View VDI Environment and vSphere Environments using vCOPS / vROPS.
- Managing SRM (Site Recovery Manager), installing Storage Replication Adapters, and connecting the sites, installing the SRM license key.
- Design and implementation of VMware vRealize operation to monitor VMware and vRealize automation environment.
- System Administration Level III support for Windows 2008/2012 Servers.
Environment: Windows (2008/12), vSphere, ESXi, vCenter, HA, DRS, Plate Spin Converter, VMware Clusters, SAN, Horizon View (4.5/5.2),vRA,vRO vCOPS/vROPS, Share Point, EMC,Azure, vBlock, SRM, SCCM, HP ProLiant servers.