- ITSystems Administrator with more than 8+ Years of Experience with focus on RHEL, Linux, VMware and Windows.
- Planning, Installation, Configuration, Maintenance and Administration of Linux (Red Hat 4.x,5.x,6.x and Centos5.x,6.x), WindowsXP/7/8/NT/2003/2008 R2and VMware 4.x, 5.x and day - to-day system admin tasks.
- Data center experience with good hands on experience on Cisco UCS, HP ProLiant DL 380, 385, Dell power edge, 2650, R220, R320, IBMX3650 servers.
- Installation of patches, Security fixes, packages on Linux (RHEL 4.x,5.x,6.x) and Windows 2003/2008 R2 Servers on both Physical and Virtual Environments.
- Worked on User/Group administration, Startup & Shutdown Scripts, Crontabs, File System Maintenance, Backup Scripts and Automation.
- Experience in working with VMware ESX/ESXi serversfor enterprise level virtualization.
- Expertise in configuring servers from Kickstart and Jumpstart Installation Methods.
- Experience in using various transport, application and internet protocol layers, DHCP, DNS FTP, HTTP, IMAP,POP3, RPC, SMTP, SOAP, SSH, Telnet, TLS/SSL, TCP/IP, IP (IPv4).
- Installed, configured and supported WebSphere Application Server, IBM HTTP/ Apache Web Servers in Linux environments. Working Knowledge of Samba Servers.
- Worked extensively on creating volumes using different RAID levels using LVM in Linux.
- Experience in configuring, monitoring and troubleshooting various file systems like Ext 4, 3, 2.
- Experience in creating, installing, updating packages in Red Hat Linux servers using RPM’s and YUM repositories.
- Used ILO/iDRAC/Cisco UCS Manager for remote access of servers and managing the hardware's.
- Worked extensively on Red Hat Linux DNS servers from installing BIND package, updating the BIND database and troubleshooting the problems.
- Having complete UNIX power user toolkit, expertise in using vi, sed, awk, perl and basic SQL.
- Experienced with the installation and configuration on Apache 2.x, 1.3.x, and 1.2, JBoss4.0.x Web Servers and, BEA Web Logic8.x, 9.x servers.
- Writing shell and Perl scripts for System administration and updating them in the Scheduler / Cron.
- Hands on experience in installing, configuring and supporting web servers like APACHE, TOMCAT, IIS, iPlanet over DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) in order to enhance the security of the server access.
- Good knowledge in Operating system level configuration of SAN using Netapp, EMC and Hitachi technologies and also worked with NAS and SAN.
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of VERITAS Volume Manager (VxFS/VxVM/VCS) and LVM.
- Knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, Ethernet), FTP, SFTP, SUDO, NFS, NIS, DNS, DHCP and RAID levels.
- Experience in periodic checking of the open ports / services on the servers using tools like nmap and ISS.
- Administered shell interfaces, groups/user accounts, login scripts, and kernel patches & updates.
- Hands on experience in RHEL Performance Monitoring tools using vmstat, iostat, prstat, mpstat, sar& top.
- Designed, Installed and Configured VMware ESX/ESXi within vSphere 3.5, 4,4.1,5 and VMware View 4.5, 4.6environments, Consolidated Backup, load balancing, DRS, HA, FT, DPM, vMotion and VMware Data Recovery, VCloud directory.
- Experience in maintaining VMware ESX / ESXi environment, VCloud Suite, Microsoft Windows Server, EMC Storage Arrays, Citrix Xen app, Xen Desktop, Data Center management and day-to-day operations with Skill and Efficiency.
- Built, Configured and Deployed VMs and Templates. Migrated Physical-to-Virtual (P2V) and Virtual-to-Virtual (V2V) Migration of Windows XP, 7, 2000, 2003, & 2008 from VMware.
- Experience Working within a Cross Functional Team Environment to Achieve Position Objectives Proficient in Developing Procedural & Technical Artifacts for Support & Customer Implementation.
- Installed Patches and Host Profiles on ESXi hosts and virtual machines using VMware Update Manager.
- Experience with vBlock Overview and SAN storage administration.
- Designed and Implemented VMware environment backup procedures and disaster recovery solutions.
- Worked with Fiber SAN/iSCSI SAN/NAS (EMC (CX30), NetApp On Command Manager, Dell MD3000i Dell MD 3200i, and troubleshooting SAN related issues and upgraded firmware of SANs in VMware and Windows.
- Good communication skills, working without supervision, working in team environment.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
Linux/VMware Systems Administrator
- Experience installing and Configuring RHEL 5.x,6.x, CentOS 5.x, 6.x .
- Managed several hundred UNIX servers running RHEL on HP and Dell hardware including blade centers.
- Supported Redhat servers in Production and Development environments.
- Install and configure DHCP, DNS (BIND, MS), web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3), and file servers in Linux environment.
- Worked on Virtualizing Redhat servers using vSphere 4.1/5.0 and managed ESX servers using vCenter and also worked with ESX Cluster and vMotion.
- Installed and Configured Redhat Linux using Kickstart and booting from SAN.
- Configuration and administration of Fiber card Adapter’s and handling of SAN (SAN arrays, Netapp, EMC)
- Performed SAN Migration on RHEL servers.
- Experience in writing scripts to automate jobs and debugging scripts.
- Experience in using protocols like NIS, NFS, SSH, SFTP & DNS.
- Installation and support of various applications like Weblogic server 10, Websphere 6.1, JBoss 4.x, Apache 2.x.
- Administration of Websphere Application Server 6.x with Network Deployment, and Extension Deployment, on Redhat Linux.
- Implemented day-to-day tasks in Red Hat Linux that include upgrading rpms, kernel, HBA driver, configuring SAN Disks,multipathing and LVM file system.
- Used System Monitoring Tools such as Top, SAR, VMSTAT, IOSTAT, FREE, PS etc.
- Mirroring of root disks using Hardware Raid Controller on HP & Dell HW.
- Experience configuring Emulex Converged Network Adaptors by Installing One Command on RHEL servers.
- Created volumes using storage such as Netapp, VMAX Array for Redhat servers.
- Data migration at Host level using Red Hat LVM, Veritas Volume Manager.
- Automated routine jobs by developing Korn, Perl and Bash shell-scripts.
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning of various systems problems such as application, network and hardware related issues.
- Cloning, deploying new VM’s from Templates different type of guest OS like Windows 2K3/2K8, Red hat Linux. Creating virtual NIC cards for the respective VMs and assigning the network connections.
Environment: RHEL 4.x, 5.x,BL460c HP, Cisco UCS, Oracle 10g, VMware ESX4.0,ESXi 5.0, VMware update manager, vMotion, Storage vMotion.
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
Linux/VMware Systems Administrator
- Installation, configuration & administration of RHEL 3.x/4.x/5.1,5.2, CentOS 5.x/6.x.
- Responsible for determining hardware and compatibility requirements for installation of application software and different tools.
- Installation of Oracle Patches and Troubleshooting, Creating and modifying application related objects.
- Configured File Systems, users and group for Oracle and Websphere.
- Configuration of Kernel parameters for Oracle Database.
- Developed Shell scripts (Korn/Bourne) for automating the batch jobs.
- Extensively used LVM, created VGs, LVs, and disk mirroring.
- Created users, manage user permissions, maintain User & File system quota on Linux servers.
- Backup configuration using Veritas Netbackup.
- Setup and configured network TCP/IP on Red Hat LINUX, CentOS including RPC connectivity for NFS. Created mount points for Server directories, and mounted these directories on the Servers.
- Creating new VM’s and Installing different guest OS like Windows server 2003 / 2008, Linux and Sun Solaris. Creating virtual NIC’s for the respective VM’s and assigning the network connections to a particular port group in the Vswitch’s. Involved in Managing, Installing, and Supporting Windows 2003/2008 Servers, and VMware ESX Servers 4.0/4.1.
- Building ESXi 4.0/5.0 Hosts and maintain those ESXi servers through vSphere Client.
- Taking care of capacity planning for new clusters, ESXi and VM storage issues.
- Configured HA, DRS clusters, FT for important VM’s.
- Analyzing and implementing OS patches and hot fixes as well as other OS configurations and updates using Blade Logic Patch Management tool.
- Creating VSwitch’s, different type of port group’s like Service Console, VMKernel, Virtual Machine and assigning the VLAN no’s to that .Configured NIC Teaming for load balancing and failover.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 3.x/4.x/5.x/6.x,CentOS 5.x/6.x, VERITAS Clusters, VERITAS Volume Manager, VMware, Hitachi Disk Array, Apache 2.0, NFS, Software RAID, DNS Servers.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Installation, Administration, Support and Maintenance of Red Hat Enterprise, CentOS on VMs and physical servers.
- Deploy and Configure Red Hat Satellite Server including creating maintaining any customized kickstart configuration channels to deploy RHEL.
- Installing and updating packages using YUM (custom YUM Servers/repositories), Red Hat Satellite Server.
- Responsible for Administration, Installation, Upgrading, Migration, Configuration, Troubleshooting, Security, Backup, Disaster Recovery, Performance monitoring and Fine-tuning of UNIX systems on different OS levels.
- Extensive use of LVM, creating Volume Groups, Logical volumes, and disk mirroring, Fix the Problem with the partially mirrored Logical volumes.
- Implemented, configured and deployed new patches, upgrades, bug fixes on both physical and virtual Red Hat Linux servers using satellite server and YUM server.
- Installed and configured several hundred Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x/5.x, Windows server 03/08/12 R2 in both physical Blade and VMware ESXi 5.x, 4.1.2 Virtual Environment.
- Configured Red Hat Cluster Nodes for my legacy applications and verified the daily health check on the Cluster Nodes.
- Maintained user account management, configured servers to register with Red Hat Network (RHN) Satellite Server, monitored servers - workload assessment, service console monitoring.
- Installation, configuration and management of Apache 2.24and Tomcat 6/7 servers.
- Supported several Servers in Dev, QA, Staging and Production environments plus primary support to all kind of issues for Redhat 5.x &6.xLinux and VMware.
- Servers support included NFS, NTP, FTP, users setup/troubleshooting.
- Implementing appropriate permissions for files and folders and Managing Users and Groups
- Creation and Maintenance of User Accounts file systems and successfully created logins IDs on large number of servers.
- Install/configure/maintain the Linux servers, NIS, DNS, NFS, Mailing List, Sendmail, apache, ftp, sshd.
- Performed TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP administration.
- Monitor Disk space and space as needed in LVM.
- Installing and upgrading patches and packages on RHEL 5.x, 6.2 and 6.5 servers using RPM, YUM and third party software applications.
- Experience working with Tomcat, Apache and Java.
- Limiting user account privileges using SUDOERS.
- Installation of Web sphere application and mange users and service account with nopassword option in sudoers file to manage Webshere application.
- Installation of Database servers and users management such as Oracle, MYSQL, SQL Server.
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, VERITAS Volume Manager, Samba, Oracle RAC/ASM (11g),VMware, Active Directory, Netapp, EMC Power path, DELL PowerEdge 6650, HP Proliant, Cisco UCS.
Confidential, Milpitas, CA
System Admin (Linux, Windows, VMware)
- Installed, Configured and maintained Red Hat Linux, CentOS and Windows Servers.
- Storage setups, RAID, Logical Volume Manager, system backup design and disaster recovery
- Systems performance monitoring.
- Creation/Configuration of Additional swap/ tmp dynamically as and when required.
- NFS Management - Take care of user accounts/groups, setting up of NFS Environment.
- Solving the problems as & when created when NFS data being accessed.
- Configured auto mounts/maps for the user accounts.
- Administration/Configuration of Print Servers/Clients in the Network.
- Assigned local security policies on member servers and standalone servers using RDP.
- Manage and monitor Active Directory services and group policies.
- Worked elaborately on different windows environment which include Windows NT version 4.0, Work Station, Terminal, 2000 and 2003.
- Assigning folder permissions to the users by gathering approval from the group owners.
- Worked closely with database administration staff to ensure optimal performance of databases, and maintain development applications and databases.
- Assembling the systems and installing operating system and application software.
- Designing computer displays to accomplish goals using flowcharts and diagrams.
- Installing Operating Systems and Application Software.
- Training for users to use the program.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 3.x/4.x/5.x,CentOS 4.6/4.7/5, Windows 2003/2008 R2,VMware ESX 4.0, VMware Update Manager, VERITAS Clusters, VERITAS Volume Manager, VMware,, Apache 2.0, NFS, Software RAID, DNS Servers.