- Experienced Network Engineer with years of experience designing, deploying, managing, and administering local area and wide area networks, and managing projects throughout multiple data centers.
- Including executive level support, project coordination with teams in multiple countries, new project development, and team leadership in the development and management of global infrastructures.
- Most notable accomplishments have been in design and implementation of infrastructure wide migration, consolidation, and upgrade projects, both as a key technical resource and as the team or project lead.
- These projects involved working closely with user groups, internal and external technical resources, and management teams to develop and execute cost effective projects that positively impacted the organization s performance and ability to support their customers.
- Known by my peers for my range of personal knowledge, problem solving skills, and ability to work with user and customer groups throughout the organization.
Confidential - Dallas, Texas
Network Security Engineer
- Day to day troubleshooting and administration of firewall environments using Cisco ASA.
- Troubleshooting of Load balancing environments consisting of legacy Cisco ACE appliances.
- Troubleshooting and changes in VPN connections for state, and federal connections to secure networks for various systems supported including routing troubleshooting.
- Mentored less experienced team members and consulted on multiple projects.
- Participated as senior team Member in technical interviews for new team members.
Confidential - Westchester, IL
Network Security Engineer
- Day to day troubleshooting and administration of mixed vendor firewall environment using Cisco ASA, and Palo Alto firewalls with Panorama.
- Upgrades patches and operations of NCS Prime Infrastructure as well as 4400 and 5500 controllers.
- Configuring and troubleshooting FCOE on nexus 7000, and 5000 hardware as well as VPCs.
- Monitoring of Solarwinds Orion NPM and NTA as well as Akamai DDOS Prolexic service.
- Assisted in data center migration including planning and execution.
- Day to day administration of Meraki environment supporting connectivity of Cisco Meraki Z1 teleworker gateways.
- Monitoring firewall request cues in Cherwell service management to review, and execute firewall requests.
Confidential - Schaumburg, IL
- Performed Nationwide analysis of company network.
- Troubleshot connectivity issues with Silverpeak WAN acceleration.
- Troubleshot radio based WAN circuits.
- Ran point on project for Network Monitoring System including conducting fully installed POC, and negotiated purchase of Solarwinds Orion NPM and NTA for monitoring 2000 nodes.
- Troubleshot Cisco based LTE routers for connectivity, and performance issues.
- Replaced failing Cisco hardware.
Confidential - Madison, WI
- Participated in weekly after hours on call rotation.
- Worked extensively with security compliance to mitigate and maintain PCI compliance.
- Participated in designing the enterprise DDOS strategy to meet regulatory requirements including volumetric DDOS protection from Arbour, and Web Application Firewalling from Imperva.
- Managed Infoblox DNS/DHCP IPAM environments for the entire company including full hardware refresh with install of Network Insight.
- Achieved Infoblox CICA certification.
- Engineered an external DNS environment based on Infoblox PT appliances for DDOS protection as part of the enterprise DDOS strategy.
- Supported 300 plus Cisco routers, and switches in an EIGRP/BGP/MPLS network featuring GET VPN with gigabit metro Ethernet backbones across multiple data centers.
- Recently rolled out network wide control plane policing (COPP) for all layer 3 switches and routers.
- Lead group that created several new standards, and network procedures for team.
- Created detailed Visio drawings and maintained numerous support documents.
- Administered Cisco ACS and Infoblox NETMRI
- Primary resource for installation and administration of Solarwinds Orion using NPM and configuration manager.
- Design, project management, and implementation of complex data networks to meet DIACAP STIG compliance requirements.
- Troubleshot WAN/LAN outages, and participated in weekly after hour on call rotation.
- Supported the following Cisco platforms:
- AS5300,2900,3750,4900, 3560, 6500, 1800, 2800, 3800, 7200, ASR 1001, ASR1006 ASA5500’s SSLVPN, and Nexus 7700’s running VDC’s.
- Configured and troubleshot 802.1q 802.3ad 802.1d connections.
- Established cabling standards, and developed switch configurations for standardization.
- Worked on multiple Juniper firewalls supporting SSLVPN, and client server, and server to server connections.
- Lead company wide WAN router upgrade including circuit support for T1 DS3 Metro Ethernet, and OC3 sonet.
- Day to day activities also include management/configuration of over 100 Juniper, and Cisco ASA firewalls.
- Lead an effort to implement multiple metro Ethernet circuits and OC3 for disaster recovery.
- Recently worked on a deployment of Cisco Nexus 7700 switches using Nexus 6000, and Nexus 2000 fabric extenders.
- Completed POC using F5 big IP 5250 ADC appliances.
- Implemented Citrix Netscalers for load balancing.
- Installed Cisco WSA proxy appliances to replace Mcaffee web gateways in order to comply with a requirement to proxy internet traffic using WCCP/GRE tunnels to feed traffic flow.
- Supported Ixia Anue switches until Gigamon HC2 switches could be rolled out.
- Managed Gigamon HC2 platform switches for tap aggregation switching of flows to security tools such as Qradar and Fireeye.
- Configured custom filters on Gigamon to clarify tool flows to Qradar and Fireeye
- Engineered Gigamon environment to span multiple data centers.
- Worked on plan to decrypt application data flow for secure examination by security.
- Upgraded and administered Cisco ISE appliances.
- Recently rolled out OpenDNS including onsite VM appliances for Malware prevention.
- Made changes to firewall rules routinely including NAT changes, and analyzing the initial requests for potential security implications.
- Conducted reviews of firewall configurations on a semi annual basis for validity and security risk.
- Helped replace legacy Cisco IPS with Tipping Point IPS/IDS troubleshot and verified data flow to Tipping Point IPS/IDS
- Worked on team responsible for daily remediation of security alerts and findings. engineered solutions routinely to comply with DISA/STIG guidelines, and maintain FISMA and HIPPA compliance.
- Participated in numerous compliance audits for multiple regulatory needs including HIPPA PCI, and STIG compliance.
- Performed threat remediation from CVE alerts, and IAVA alerts routinely in less than 5 days in some cases.
Confidential - Atlanta, GA
Senior Deployment Engineer
- Configuration & tested Cisco 3560 & 6500 switches in data centers throughout the US and Canada.
- Created verified & performed roll back procedures, and test scripts.
- Installed hardware including cabling, power connections, and labeling per customer standards.
- Performed in depth site surveys which included current configuration of switches IP addressing etc.
- Documented all equipment details and site issues and reviewed existing cabling & routing.
- Reviewed power provisioning & identified required materials for installs
Confidential - Brookfield, WI
Senior Network Engineer
- Worked on data center project Aurora to build out cell architecture including 4900m 4948 2960 6509 e and 4506 Cisco switches.
- Troubleshot layer 3 connections to MDS 9513 SAN switches, and Cyclades term servers.
- Performed initial configuration of Netscout Infinistream server, and 50 Checkpoint firewalls.
- Performed day to day firewall changes involving access to different hosted environments for Confidential customers.
- Received ITIL training. Perform operational acceptance testing of next generation cell transit networks featuring MDS 9513 switches on NX- OS as well as Cisco 4900m 4506 6509 6506, and 4948 layer 3 switches
Confidential - Madison, WI
Senior Network Engineer / Team Lead
- Worked on Badger Net Converged Network conversion project as lead engineer
- Installed and trouble-shot IOS, configurations, memory, and daughter cards into new Catalyst switches across 2950 2960 3550 3560 3750 4500, and 6500 platforms.
- Performed stress testing to verify integrity of new WAN circuits.
- Developed, and implemented best practice procedures for statewide deployment of new WAN circuits.
- Lead engineer for re-design of Sandridge Secure Treatment facility patient LAN.
- Lead engineer for statewide network disaster recovery project.
- Lead architect of statewide WIFI networks for facilities.
- Designed planned, and implemented 3 major healthcare institution network upgrades of 1000 nodes or more.
- Performed network monitoring using Solarwinds,
- What’s up gold, and Network Vantage including monitoring internet traffic when needed.
- Implemented and administered multiple PIX firewalls ASA firewalls, and VPN concentrators.
- Cisco Content switch administration. Designed and implemented 3 VOIP networks for state facilities.
- Designed and implemented network solutions for 3 H1N1 emergency operation centers.
- Configured and implemented Polycom video border proxy for statewide video conferencing solution.
- Administrator for Kiwi syslog servers, and Cisco secure ACS server.
- Trained security staff in machine detection and location for virus response.
- Primary support for cellular broadband technologies, and configurations.
- Monitored and troubleshot 72 county connections to state Wisacwis applications.
- Configured and supported multiple LAN to LAN VPN connections for UW tele-radiology systems as well as facility pharmacies.
- Worked in conjunction with federal IT staff to configure and maintain IFMC Medicare systems.
- Architect, and administrator of statewide network monitoring
Confidential - Arlington Heights, IL
Senior Network Deployment Engineer
- Worked on Nextel’s Packet Data CALEA project as lead engineer
- Installed and trouble-shot IOS, configurations, memory, and daughter cards into new 6509 Catalyst switches. Performed testing to verify intra-vlan routing via OSPF, and BGP for WAN routing.
- Performed cable certification with Fluke equipment
- During maintenance windows performed cut-over of 2 million users plus packet data network systems to 6509 Catalyst switches also brought 6509 switches onto live ATM network.
- Worked on the IGW project
- Advisory work on this project as far as input on architecture.
- Worked on the IBSC project
- Performed cable certifications as well as cable install trouble-shooting
- Worked heavily with cabling vender to engineer higher quality cable solutions.
- Implemented VDN 6509 catalyst switches, and turned up backbone links to nationwide WAN.
- Worked on EVS VOIP project
- Trouble-shot and applied configuration changes to Catalyst switches as well as installing RJ-21 Ethernet blades, and testing intra-vlan routing via OSPF.
- Worked on Packet Data consolidation project consisting of merging packet data regions in order to increase the number of active MDG2 nodes. Also traveling internationally in some cases to complete duties.
- Worked on Mobil Data Gateway 2 expansion project which consisted of expanding the number of Mobil Data Gateway 2 nodes in major markets to relieve capacity issues.
- Worked on Intelligent Optimization System for frequency optimization to aid in re-banding of Sprint/Nextel network.
- Designed the network architecture along with implementing changes and upgrades authored technical drawings for project.
- Wrote documentation for Installing, and configuring new servers with 2003
- Server including SQL server load and initial configuration.
- Performed regressions testing, and hardware level trouble shooting of ss7 cards
Confidential - Belvidere, IL
- Brought in to segment network, and tighten network security. Implemented 2003 server active directory.
- Planned and implemented enterprise anti-virus solution, and implemented enterprise disaster recovery solution.
- Reduced customer support calls by approx. 50% in four weeks.
- Planned and implemented several internal security measures.
- Implemented network monitoring with Ethereal.
- Upgraded core switches from 100mb. managed 3com switches to gigabit managed Dell switches.
- Configured, and implemented redundant backbone routers using Catalyst 7200 series routers
Confidential - Chicago, IL
Senior Network Support Specialist
- In addition to desktop, and Meditech support daily responsibilities included maintenance of Cisco based network infrastructure, administration, maintenance, and upgrades on the NT/2000 domain and associated servers.
- Responsible for installing, configuring and troubleshooting Cisco switches, routers, VPN concentrator, PIX firewall.
- Planned and implemented routable terminal servers enabling the replacement of obsolete bridging hardware with Cisco 2600 routers.
- Provided support for Cisco VOIP telephony system, and all related infrastructure.
- Responsible for remote site connectivity and support. Installed, configured, and performed administration of Cisco intrusion detection system.
- Network management using Cisco-Works and Cisco Information Center.
- Designed and implemented infrastructure changes corrected severe security breaches, significantly decreased server outages managed desktop rollout/upgrades.
- Management responsibilities include supervising team of 4 technicians, and ensuring HIPPA compliance for IT
Confidential - Rolling Meadows, IL
Technical Support Specialist
- Provided technical support for a user community of over 3,000 people using 1,000+ applications remotely and locally.
- Provided application training to end-users.
- Contributed to standardization and documentation of help desk workflow processes.
- Responsible for training junior support personnel in trouble shooting techniques and PC repair.
- Helped define desktop standards, build core images and develop rollout procedures for Windows 2000 Pro.
- Helped resolve installation issues with Office 2000, allowing rollout to continue
Confidential - Rockford, IL
Data Control Technician
- Laser printer operations and monitoring of systems and output queues.
- Job responsibilities: backing up HP9000 Unix systems and Xerox controllers, monitoring inventory and receiving shipments.
- Also monitoring and resetting MC Data channel controllers, troubleshooting data connections, recreating data and running reports using sarprod 1.7, infopac RDS, and CA7 scheduler, analyzing output to insure conformity with programmer guidelines