- Over 8 years of hands on experience in the field of Information technology, Configuration Maintenance and Troubleshooting of Windows Server 2003, 2008/R2, 2012/R2, VMWare 4.x/5.x/6, Citrix.
- Experience in managing, designing and implementation of enterprise wide Virtualization Projects using Citrix, VMware and Microsoft products.
- Experience in enterprise wide migration of Windows XP to Windows 7/8.
- Excellent knowledge in creating and managing users, permission settings, roles and responsibility assignments and VM resource allocations on ESX hosts.
- Extensive experience in Implementation and Migrations with Backup/ Virtualization Solutions, and Storage Management and VMware, Windows, VSphere CLI, App V, VMware View, P2V, V2V Converter.
- Experience in the P2V migration of Physical servers to VMware ESX hosts, Installation of VMware ESX and ESXi Servers Dell and HP blade servers.
- Good experience using SCVMM and SCOM tools to deploy and monitor Hyper - v machines.
- Responsible for measuring web applications performance and capacity planning
- Responsible for configuring IIS security and windows firewall rules
- Configured hardware load balancers and software load balancers
- Installed and configured SSL certificates to ensure web site security
- Configured host headers to configure multiple web sites on same IP and Port
- Experience in implementing ESXi servers with efficient virtualization strategies by creating clones, templates, task scheduling, prioritizing VMs, creating and managing snap shots.
- Experience in Patch Management of ESX Hosts using VMware Update Manager.
- Understanding on storage types including iSCSI, NAS and SAN, VM creation capable file systems including VMFS and NFS.
- Managing System Services, Users and Groups, GPOs and Firewall.
- Experience with Disaster Recovery Management and remote backup and recovery.
- Upgrading ESX 3.x to ESXi 4.x, 5.x,6.0 using VMware Update Manager.
- Created numerous technical documents: RFC Submittal Process, Platespin Installation, Platespin Image Capture, VMware Converter P2V, P2P Synchronization, etc
- Knowledge of installation and maintenance of Windows Vista, XP, Server 2000, Server 2003, Windows NT.
- Administration and troubleshooting of Windows/Wintel OS, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012.
- Hardware troubleshooting and system maintenance.
- Act as tier 2 support for SCCM related issues including patching, image deployment, and SCCM client issues
- Experience in Load Balancing technology and concepts specifically the Citrix NetScaler 10.5 platform.
- Experience in configuring High Availability (HA) and Distributed Resource Schedule (DRS) clusters.
- Experience in performing configuration, testing and implementation of Citrix NetScaler High Availability (HA) and Load Balancing (LB).
- Experience in Installation, Configuration and designing of Active Directory, GPO, LDAP, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, FTP in windows/wintel server 2008 R2 and 2012.
- Experience in installing and maintaining various Rack mounted and Blade servers from Dell, HP, IBM and CISCO.
- Experience in Citrix Farm Migrations, including all periods of relocation, of Farm Discovery/Planning, Infrastructure Build out, Application Delivery and Production Support.
- Experience in designing VMware VDI solutions for large to medium enterprise including Secure Access gateway.
- Extensive knowledge in advance features of ESXi VMOTION, SVMOTION, HA and DRS.
- Experience in P2V, V2V MIGRATION using VMware Converter / Plate Spin 6.8.x.
- Strong Knowledge and experience in administration of Cisco UCS 5100 chassis/B200M2 and HP Blades C7000 environment.
- Experience of maintaining Business Continuity and performing Disaster Recovery (DR) using VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM). Experience on iSCSI and SAN Storage and Disaster recovery solution with VMware SRM.
- Expertise with Windows Active Directory Administration, Windows /winter Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2, DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP; and managing Microsoft SQL Server.
- Adapts to new systems and environments quickly, takes ownership of all duties, meeting
- Experience in with installation of different kinds of Hardware including HP Net servers, Dell Power Edge Server, Dell Desktop, IBM Net vista, Switches, Hubs, Modems and other Data Communication Products.
- Possess excellent leadership qualities and has good problem solving capabilities.
- Efficiency in management skills, communication and ability to work under strict deadlines.
- Experience in designing PowerShell script to automate Azure deployments.
- Working experience in deploying the cloud package and configuring the roles and scaling up and down of the web roles in Azure.
- Excellent client facing abilities, a great team player with good leadership qualities.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
Operating Systems : Windows Server 2003, 2008/2008 R2, 2012/2012 R2 server, Windows 7,8,10, Linux, Citrix, Wintel
Networking Protocols : TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, Active Directory, Terminal Services, FTP, RDP.
Hardware: Cisco UCS B200, HP C7000, HP ProLiant DL360 G7, DL380 G6, DL385 G1, DL385 G2, HP Blade BL35p, BL460c G6, BL 465c G6 IBM X Series.
Citrix: Citrix XenServer 6.0/6.2, XenCenter 6.0/6.2, XenApp 4/5/6.5/7.0, XenDesktop 5/5.6, Citrix Provisioning Services 5/6.1, Citrix Netscaler.
VMware: VMware ESX/ESXi 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 5.5,6.0, VMware Infrastructure 2.0/3.0/3.5, VMconverter, VMware vSphere, vCenter server, Vmware vMotion, VMware view, VMware ThinApp, VMware Workstation, VMware Player, PlateSpin Migration
Application Servers : Citrix Metaframe PS 3.0/4.0/4.5 and XenApp 4.5/ 5.0/6.0/7.0.
Web Servers : IIS 5.0/6.0/7.0.
SAN : Hitachi, IBM, Netapp, EMC Clarion CX700, EMC DMX2000, XP1024, XP12000
Tools: : VNC, WebEx, ADMT, Remedy, Solarwinds, IBM ISM MAXIMO, AD Snapshot Tool, Tivoli Backup Exec, DS View, ILO, Blade Logic, Putty.
Scripting: VB script, PowerShell, PowerCli.
Languages : C, C#, SQL, ASP.NET
Windows System Engineer/Admin
- VMware ESXi 6.0/5.5& 5.1 Host Server Installation, Configuration & Maintenance, VSphere Suite with P2P andP2V, Virtual Machines Installation, Configuration & Maintenance.
- Monitoring the operating system, database & network by using the monitoring tools, host grabs.
- Set up V-Motion, High Availability (HA), Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS), and related VMware products.
- Deployed SRM solution at the client environments.
- Installing the Administrative tool Kit and Managing the Servers by assigning various server roles to the server in windows 2008/2012.
- Configured automated VM migrations using scripts in PowerShell.
- Creating PowerShell and Power CLI scripts for automation and maintenance of routine tasks.
- Worked on Active Directory Services on Windows Server 2008/ 2012.
- Experience with GPO’s, DHCP, DNS, IP, Subnets, VPNs, VLAN, and Network routing.
- Creating and Managing User accounts.
- Responding to user’s tickets.
- Worked with MFA using RDSA and SafeNet.
- Responsible for installing, configuring IIS on windows/wintel server
- Maintain Support and provide IIS administration for web intranet applications
- Experienced in hosting ASP.Net web application and different web services on IIS
- Worked on Active Directory, Domains, Organizational units (OU), Tress and Forests.
- Configured SSLs for web applications to ensure security transactions between client and web server
- Installed and configured server certificates to ensure the users/groups requests for the web applications and managed firewall settings.
- Responsible for installation, troubleshooting of firewalls (Cisco firewalls, Imperva Web app Firewalls, Checkpoint firewalls and Juniper firewalls,) and related software, and LAN/WAN protocols.
- Administering multiple Firewall of Juniper/Net Screen, in a managed distributed environment. Fulfilling routine change requests of Net Screen OS Firewall and resolving trouble tickets, maintain and monitoring firewalls using scanning software Nesses.
- Migrated web applications to and from windows 2003/2008 servers by using MsDeploy and directories using XCOPY and ROBOCOPY tools.
- Worked on configuring TCP/IP, DHCP, and WINS.
- Installation and configuration of ESX server.
- End to end Image management in SCCM. SCCM patch management and automation using ADR
- Server migration physical to Virtual using Hot and cold cloning technology inVMWare.
- Creating cluster in VMWare.
- Performed P2V Hot conversions using converter enterprise 4, 5 and also the P2V cold conversion using VMware Converter Boot CD.
- Worked on Disaster Recovery Exercises for DR Plan for Production Servers.
- Implemented new patching standardization and procedures utilizing Software Updates Management (SUM)
- Analyzed and Implemented OS patches and hot fixes as well as other OS configurations and updates using Blade Logic Patch Management tool.
- Active Directory and Operating System account management With NTFS permissions.
- Installed and configured SSL certificates to ensure web site security.
- Configured host headers to configure multiple web sites on same IP and Port.
- Handled security, performance, and tuning issues on Web servers to optimize performance.
- Install, configure and maintain servers for Web applications like ASP, ASP.NET, and HTML on IIS 5.0/6.0/7.0/8.0/8.5 on Windows/wintel Servers 2000/2003/2008/2012.
- Providing application support for SCOM platform, including add/remove servers, add/remove user access, review/update SCOM console security, create monitoring rules, add/remove monitoring notifications, creating SCOM console views
- Windows server patching process streamlined and automated deployment
- Administration of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2010 sites and workspaces, proficient at workflows using the out-of-the-box or custom designed using SharePoint Designer 2010 and Visual Studio 2010.
- Developed Visual web part in Visual Studio 2010 using sharepoint grid view which can show all sites which user has access in multiple site collections throughout sharepoint web application.
- Manually installed SCOM agents interfacing SCOM gateways using Certificates in EDMZ.
- Administer User privileges for the SCOM monitoring environment.
- Provide overall support to our global SCOM environment containing 4000+ Wintel servers.
- Hyper-V (Hyper-Visor)-created and maintained multiple virtual domain environments for troubleshooting and testing.
- Configure and maintain application pools and assigned them to various web applications on IIS 5/6/7/8.
- Installing security patches and scheduling regular maintenance to ensure the health and security on the servers.
- Responsible for Hyper-V planning and deployment using SCVMM.
- Configuring properties for the application pools like Performance, health, identity and recycling.
- Working on gathering and analyzing various logs such as application logs, system logs, security logs using event viewer, log parser tools.
- Worked with all components of HP (Smart Start, Insight Manager, Diagnostics, Network Configuration Utility etc) and Wintel Stack
- SCCM 2012 administration: Security & compliance patching. Application / OS images packaging & deployment
- Troubleshooting SCCM Infrastructure issues in Package Distribution and Advertisement Status.
- In addition, solid experience insecurity Updates Distribution using SCCM 2007 with SUP role.
- Responsible for the migration of all servers at Clients Data Center (250+ physical servers) using VM Converter, PlateSpin Productivity Suite, Double Take Availability, RVTools and VEEAM for P2P, P2V, V2P, V2V.
- Used PlateSpin tools to aid in server consolidation and P2V migrations to facilitate datacenter build out
- Worked with share point, exchange and active directory, GPO, LDAP.
- Hands on experience deploying the Apps in Microsoft Azure.
- Perform configuration work to include patching, upgrades and HW/SW installations as required.
- Installed and configured Sharepoint 2013 farm, migrated Sharepoint 2010 content to it
- Performed various network security issues using various tools like network monitor, portray, NS Lookup etc.
- Implemented and maintained backup and maintenance procedures to ensure reliability and coverage.
- Created authentication policies for the attachment of the storage arrays to the ESXi server.
- Responsible for execution of disaster recovery and business continuity plan using P2P and P2V tool Novell PlateSpin Migrate and PowerConvert.
- Administered Microsoft 2012 R2 server Hyper-V virtualized physical servers.
- Co-ordinate with the VMware and opened artifacts to come up with solutions for the issues at the client place.
- Experience in doing root cause analysis of the SRM solution at the server as well as storage level and coordinate a lot with the other teams to come up with a better solution.
- Installed, configured and maintained Windows/Wintel 2008, 2008r2 and 2012 Operating Systems.
- Installed and configured ADDS and DNS services in windows 2008 r2 environment.
- Used SQL Server Dynamic Management Views (DMVs) to track performance and usage.
- Created SQL Server Agent jobs and maintenance plans to automate tasks such as index maintenance, backup jobs and Update Statistics
- Planned the complete backing up of Databases and Disaster Recovery /Restore procedures.
- Worked on Index maintenances like Index defragmentation and rebuild and updating the statistics on tables on weekly basis.
- Setting up and Monitored transactional replication, Database mirroring on Production, servers.
- Worked on web role and worker roles in cloud and Azure.
- Worked on storage accounts, CDN, and service bus for the data availability in global level.
- Responsible for troubleshooting the data sync issues between the databases in SQL Azure.
- Worked on expiring object renewals, cert renewals in Azure.
System Admin (VMware, Windows)
- Co-ordinate with the VMware and opened artifacts to come up with solutions for the issues at the client place.
- Involved in operational support of Active Directory, WINS, DNS, and AD enabled applications.
- Generated reports with Health analyzer giving recommendations and resolving performance and tuning issues in the HA, DRS clusters and virtual Datacenters.
- Updating servers and client machines using Microsoft patches tools.
- Managed and maintained DNS and DHCP servers.
- Implemented Perl scripts for backup tasks, system performance monitoring, and system automation.
- Worked with PowerShell and Power CLI for system automation of reports.
- Perform patch management using vCenter update manager for ESX servers.
- Managed users’ accounts in Active Directory (AD). Deployed, maintained, and consolidated GPOs.
- Created documentations for recurring/non-recurring standard processes and uploaded to CompuCom SharePoint.
- Created change request forms and worked on tickets issued for/by the Virtualization Operations team using Service Now.
- Creating users/groups, manage permissions and administrator rights on files and folders.
- Created share point folders and give user access to the share folders, modify group policies.
- Ability to troubleshoot computer hardware and other operating system's issues.
- Setup Subscribers and Subscriptions to provide proper notifications from SCOM.
- Managed virtual and physical server workloads with PlateSpin
- Migrated primary data center from Hyper-V to VMware
- Assisting Windows Patching and Compliance team with night shift patching of 7000+ Windows servers. Investigating vulnerabilities reported by Qualys, and handled disputes regarding validity of alerts.
- Analysis of physical servers which are eligible for Virtual Conversion Process using vCenter Guided Consolidation.
- Broad experience with designing, implementing and troubleshooting VMwareESX server, VMware virtual center, setting up V-Motion, HA, DRS, and related VMware products such as VM Workstation, P2V converters, VM Backup products and other products for virtualization.
- Experienced in creating VMware templates and Cloning VMs.
- Monitoring that backup have been made and successfully saved to a secure location and monitor disk space to ensure SQL Servers do not run out of disk space.
- Experience in planning and implementing Microsoft SQL Server Security and database permissions
- Migrated Physical Machines to Virtual Machines (P2V) and Virtual Machines to Virtual Machines (V2V) using VMware converter.
- Maintained detailed documentation and procedures for building, troubleshooting, installing, recovering, and supporting all Wintel servers and applications.
- Build several VMware vSphere hosts and added to new/existing VMware Clusters on Wintel Stack and involved in the Data Center Transformation.
- Integrating ESX/ESXi with Active Directory for better user's administration within domain
- Experience with VMware SRM environment network.
- Installed, Configured and managed Virtualized IT environments using VMWare on Windows Server platforms for both on-premised and cloud based apps using VDI, vcloud and Citrix tools.
- Installing and configuring VMware VCenter Server, VCenterplug-ins including VCenter converter and upgrade manager and Managing VCenter permissions.
- Performs data migrations of Windows servers using P2V and P2P tools Double-Take availability, PlateSpin and VEEAM Backup & Replication
- P2V migration using VMware converter and V2V conversions using VMware converter and PlateSpin and double take.
- Responsible for creating and building Windows 7/8 and Windows 2008 R2 server virtual images on VMware ESXi servers.
- Creating templates and deploying Virtual Machines through templates and Cloning VMs.
- Creating and Managing resource pools for Virtual Machines. Scheduling replication and snap shot specific tasks.
- Create Virtual switches and port groups, configure virtualization networking settings for redundancy by teaming up NICs, configure network traffic, security and load balancing policies.
- Excellent log analysis knowledge for monitoring performance, host grabs, (CPU, Memory, Disk, network Utilization) and virtual infrastructure alarms in VCenter servers. Replicated all the Production Server for Disaster Recovery using VReplicator.
- Resolving various issues such as Windows Policies, Application licensing through RDP.
Windows, VMware systems administrator
- Creating Users/Groups and OU in Windows 2003/2008 R2.
- Resetting user's passwords in Active Directory.
- Defragment of active directory database and troubleshooting active directory. Backup and Restore Active directory.
- Installing and integrating DNS and Active Directory.
- Implemented RAID 5 for Fault Tolerance on Domain Controllers.
- Installed software, patching, upgrading and maintenance of operating system.
- Installed, upgraded and maintenance of server hardware components as per requirement.
- Responsible for web services administration.
- Installed and configured Edge sight for performance monitoring host grabs.
- Handle the request for the RSA token, User Creation in Active Directory, Server issues.
- VMware tools upgrading and Windows patch updates.
- Integrated and automated multiple management and back-end systems (SCCM, WSUS, AppSense, Eracent etc.) Created a Parent Image of Windows 7 with best practices to enhance the Virtual Desktop Performance.
- Installed, configured and troubleshoot issues related to VMware View/ThinApp Architecture.
- Deployed Linked Clones by using Parent Image and created dedicated and floating desktops as well as published ThinApp packages, created instruction manual, automated pools and entitled the users.
- Organized teams and helped develop the Microsoft App-V integration to the VDI environment.
- Designed various technical documents, diagrams, and presentations for the hardware and software installation procedures, packaging standards, migration path, server capacity and scaling for Citrix XenApp, Desktop, provisioning server farm.
- Working experience in setting up firewall rules and configuring security for multiple servers.
- Worked on monitoring and analyzing log files to trouble shoot issues.
- Creating and maintaining documentation relating to SCCM 2007 and patching procedures.
- Performed viewing system logs, applications logs and security logs for web applications to analyze issues and trouble shoot issues.
- Configured VMware on clustered environment, implemented Migration of Virtual Machines using vMotion, Storage vMotion
- Hot and Cold Cloning of Virtual Machines using VMware Converter.
- Build, configure and deploy Virtual Machines and templates. Completed Physical-to-Virtual (P2V), Virtual-to-Virtual (V2V) and Virtual-to-Physical (V2P) migration of Linux Servers and Windows Servers.
- Managed Virtual Machines Using VMware vSphere
- Coordinated and worked closely with the SAN Admins for storage needs as per the requirements along with planning future storage needs.
- Prepared plans and documentation for many projects with different environment architecture
- Regular monitoring like maintenance of Virtual machines for performance issues also implemented V-Motioning, Hot and Cold Migration of virtual servers and technical writing, documentation, security assessments, vulnerability assessments or other related activities. Installation, configuration and management of multiple server suites (Windows 2003/2008) on VMware ESX server.
- Designed and successfully implemented VMware ESX 4.0 servers for server consolidation
- Worked on vCenter Server to manage all the ESX hosts in the datacenter
- Responsible for Backup/Disaster Recovery planning, implementation and testing.
- Performed backup and restore content and configuration on application servers.
- Participated in the updating security patches and application related updates.
- Documented server builds and application installation process.
- Documented SOP for desktop technologies such as VMware view, Citrix and Microsoft Desktop platforms.
- Built, configured and deployed VMs from templates, and managed the Active Directory for Virtual Desktops with User Permissions. Installed and Configured Window 2008, Terminal Server, Terminal Licenses and performed system and application.
- Responsible for testing all ESXi and vCenter patches and upgraded before deploying to Production systems.
- Provided Level 3 Support for Physical and Virtual desktop infrastructure.
Windows, Linux, VMware
- Installation and configuration of VMware VSphere 4.0, ESXi 4.1 on a HP Proliant BL C 7000 Server (C-class), VMware Infrastructure Client, VMware Virtual Center, License Server and VCB Setup.
- Administered and implemented VMware ESXi server hosting VM.
- Successfully migrated physical server and VM in ESXi server using VMware Converter.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of Windows 2000/2003 servers and XP Clients running on HP Servers and IBM Workstations.
- Configured and troubleshooting NFS, NIS, NIS+, DNS, DHCP, FTP, LDAP, and Samba, Apache servers in Linux Servers.
- Performed Memory and Swap management to improve optimization and performance of the servers.
- Experience in installing, configuring the Linux Volume/File system management using Logical Volume Manager (LVM).
- Enabling Web Access and Securing the Published Applications and Content.
- Maintained technical documentation for security compliance and performance tuning which was set as the global standard by the Corporate Security Group for all Terminal Server and Citrix environments.
- Migrated datacenters and converted physical servers to virtual servers using VMware convertor and HP Blade servers resulting in a reduction of racks and power usage, decrease downtime during maintenance and upgrades and improved monitoring.
- Supported a large-scale Data Center projects including server installation, hardware maintenance, and break/fix activities.
- Monitoring and managing performance of ESXi servers and Virtual Machines using Virtual Center Server for HA, DRS.
- Hands on in live migration of Virtual Machines and Virtual machines files using the vMotion and Storage vMotion.
- Handled the VMware solutions to support multiple storage connectivity options such as FC-SAN, iSCSI, NFS (NAS) and internal storage. Administered and setup print servers in Windows 2008 server.
- Creation and Troubleshooting of ESXi and VM’s. Creation of templates from VMs and deploying VMs from templates.
- Administrator for windows server 2008 and all related server services including FTP, AD, DNS, DHCP and VPN.
- Creating a test Environment in VM Machines for Production Team to test their applications.
- Perform regular maintenance of Server 2008, which consist of adding users, editing user login scripts and granting permission to directories and share point files.
- Daily tasks such as user share administration general troubleshooting and patching were also part of my work at Early Warning Services.
- Provided technical support to troubleshoot network connectivity, network printing and user access issue.
- Researched with other team members in new products and technologies for optimal utilization of the Blade Servers, cost cutting and site-to-site redundancy.
- Installed the VMware Consolidated Backup to ease the backup of the VM an integrated with VERITAS Net Backup.