- 8+ Years of IT industry Experience in JIRA Amin, Linux Administration, with Software Configuration Management, Change Management, build automation, Release Management and DevOps experience in large and small software development organizations.
- Extensively worked with application infrastructure architects to establish the physical environments to effectively perform the software builds and deployments with an emphasis on quality, integrity, and security
- Experienced in using Atlassian products( JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, Fisheye)
- Experience on complete software development life cycle (SDLC) with software development models like JIRA, Agile Scrum Model, Prototype model & RUP, Waterfall model
- Good understanding on integrating JIRA with other products such as Sales Force, Share Point, Microsoft office connector
- Experienced in Atlassian REST API's and Atlassian SDK Toolkit
- Experience in writing JIRA API Tools to auto - move Service Desk tickets of one issue type to a JIRA project of another issue type and to extract the list of JIRA users with the respective JIRA Groups and project Roles.
- Experienced in writing/building/integrating custom modules for JIRA/Confluence
- Experience in using Build Automation tools and Continuous Integration concepts by using tools like ANT, Jenkins and Maven.
- Experience in using Configuration Management tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible.
- Developed Puppet modules to automate application installation and configuration management.
- Expertise on all aspects of chef server, workstations, Nodes, chef clients and various components like Ohai, push jobs, super market etc.
- Extensively worked on Vagrant &Docker based container deployments to create environments for dev teams and containerization of env’s delivery for releases.
- Experience in working on Docker Hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple imagesprimarily for middleware installations and domain configuration.
- Knowledge on various Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and DockerRegistry.
- Maintained Jenkins masters with over 80+ jobs for over 10+ different applications supported Several Quarterly and project releases in parallel.
- Expertize in using Nexus and Arti factory Repository server for Maven and gradle builds.
- Ability to build deployment, build scripts and automated solutions using Shell Scripting.
- Worked in GIT implementation containing various Remote Repositories for a single application.
- Experienced with handling Cloud environments AWS and Open Stack.
- Well experience in setting up VPC peering between two VPCs and remote VPN.
- Analyse and evaluate existing architecture Confidential Customer On premise Datacenters and Design, Configure andMigrate complex network architectures to AWS Public Cloud.
- Proficient in AWS services EC2, IAM, S3, Elastic Bean stalk, VPC, ELB, RDS, EBS, Route 53.
- Provisioning EC2 instances and have knowledge on all resources areas of EC2 like instances, Dedicated hosts, volumes, Keypairs, Elastic IP’s, Snapshots, Load Balancers and Security Groups.
- Hands on Experience in AWS provisioning and good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, Glacier, ELB, RDS.
- Good Knowledge in Bash, Ruby, Python and Perl scripting.
- Staying up-to-date with current Web application and development technologies and services.
- Responsible for delivery of new environments with various middleware configuration for newly assigned projects and performed backfill activities on all environments to bring the env’sup to current release cycles.
Atlassian Tools: JIRA, Confluence, Stash/GIT, Bamboo
DevOps Tools: Nexus Repository, SonarQube, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Nagios, Icinga, GIT.
Infrastructure as A service: AWS, open stack(basic understanding).
Virtualization Platforms : Virtual Box, VMware , Vagrant.
Internet: HTML, XML, DHTML, IIS, VBScript
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Windows, FreeBSD.
Databases: Oracle, SQL, MS Access, MySQL
Scripting Languages: Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby.
Version Control Software: Subversion, GIT, Perforce, CVS, ClearCase.
Logging: Serologic, Splunk, Salesforce.
Monitoring 24/7: Page Duty.
Confidential, Issaquah, WA
JIRA Admin & Developer
- Supported engineers with their requests for software tools
- Created and managed all the projects related to Tools & Infrastructure Team
- Installed and administered software licenses.
- Supported the design & development of a world class software tools for enterprise class SSD products
- Interfaced with external vendors and third party tools supplie .
- Used subversion for maintain the build.
- Install and configured zephyr add-ins support the user requests.
- Involved in the version upgrade of JIRA 4.4.5 to JIRA 6.2.2
- JIRA administrator used Confluence, Stash, Bamboo, Clear case, Team Calendar.
- Exposed to Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile-Scrum application development methodology.
- Provided general Configuration SDLC and project management
- New Project to setup JIRA rollout
- Experienced in administering and supporting Atlassian Tools like JIRA/Confluence.
- Database integrity testing by executing SQL statements
- Issued Type, Notification, Permission, Issue Security, Field Configuration, Issue Type Screen, and Workflow Schemes.
- Used Quality Center to define requirements, design test steps, run test set, track reports and identify Bugs
- Manually entered the Data into JIRA and backed up JIRA databases
- Created New user, plug-ins and imported databases to JIRA
- Migrated JIRA to JIRA, Bugzilla, and Rally
- Ran weekly backups on code Collaborator and JIRA
- Installed and configured Linux and Windows servers
- Managed VM environment for engineers
- Used Amazon-based SaaS Operations division
- Performed system builds, automation, SDLC and task management tools
- Ordered equipment for the lab and did QT configuration for Windows the cross-platform application framework.
- Migrated legacy Service desk tools data to JIRA Service desk.
- Prepared Migration approach and planning documents for each face during migration
- Created and implemented recommendations to improve scalability Performance.
- Migrated Atlassian applications from production lab to openstack
- Installed software, patching, upgrading and maintenance of operating system
- Atlassian products JIRA Customization with Workflow Schemes, workflows, Permissions, User/Group access controls, Notifications, Screens, Fields, Issue types, various other scheme settings, post functions/validators with workflow transitions, custom configurations with add-ons/plug-in's and even more customizations with JIRA code and REST API
- Managed JIRA users and Created workflows, Issue types, fields in production
Environments: Clear case, JIRA, Confluence, GIT, Maven, Jenkins, REST API, Linux, J2EE, SQL Server, Windows/NT, BugZilla,
Confidential, Middletown, NJ
JIRA System Administrator
- Managed JIRA /Confluence Global Administration team.
- Contracted to serve as the JIRA Systems Administration for the international JIRA/Confluence infrastructure, including all associated programs, plugins and systems
- Customized both JIRA and Confluence to integrate into the pre-existing systems with an eye towards making the programs extensions of their systems, and not hindrances to their systems
- Worked closely with management to implement sweeping changes to their development processes and procedures, customizing JIRA and Confluence to take the forefront of the new systems
- Crested user accounts, and technical documents documenting JIRA project configuration provided training sessions
- Created projects on JIRA and assigned Jira agile boards
- Created Custom workflows, custom screens and custom fields on JIRA
- Maintained JIRA backups
- Knowledge of LDAP / Active Directory authentication
- Enhanced JIRA application to customization as required
- Troubleshooted any JIRA issues for users
- Worked on Apache servers and hosted JIRA from Amazon Infrastructure
- Created events, email notifications schemes and assigned project roles on JIRA
- Migrated JIRA across environments and worked on JIRA database dumps
- Worked on JIRA as part of evolution
- Created custom dashboards, advance filters and formula based fields.
- Implemented and managed, as Configuration Manager, builds and source code branching as well as QC and integration testing environments
- Developed complex JIRA project workflows, field configurations, screen schemes, permission schemes and notification schemes.
- Created custom templates for use within Confluence
- Acted as POC for all JIRA /Confluence/Agile related questions, problems and activities
- Coordinated the installation of client specific applications and systems
- Determined the appropriate methods for installing applications and systems; resolved matters of significance and implemented corrective course of action as needed
- Upgraded system software and hardware components as required to meet business needs; coordinated backups, ensured upgrades were occurring in accordance with established company parameters
- Expanded use of JIRA to many other divisions, making JIRA the system of records
Environments: JIRA, Java/J2EE Ant, Maven, Tomcat, Jboss, Websphere, weblogic, SVN, Jenkins, shell, bash, Confluence, Bamboo, Stash, Fisheye, Crucible
Confidential, Irvine, CA
- Strong Capabilities inreport generation and work flow development within JIRA
- Provided recommended infrastructure for use with Atlassian products integration
- Provided support as required to client administrators and users to ensure the success of implemented solution
- Lead and provide technical assistance and/or training in using and Confluence and other tools as identified
- Created a JIRA workflow and apply the condition, validators and post-functions in the transition to represent the business requirement process
- Responsible for all production related changes/build/deployments. Created SVN branches for future parallel releases
- Responsible for supporting project Administration, Agile Board Configuration and user Management
- Resolved issues as they arise with JIRA projects and Confluence on in coordidination with Jira hosting partner team
- Managed JIRA templates, Workflows, and other functionality in support of departmental customers.
- Created and managed JIRA templates and complex JIRA workflows including project workflows, Screen schemes, permission scheme and notification schemes
- Provided support for creating Jobs, Configuration of Udeploy in Jenkins to trigger auto deployment
- Assessed organizational structres within portfolio tool. Making recommendations for modifications, implement approved changes
- Technical competence in third party product integration into JIRA
- Creating JIRA and Confluence user guide, admin guide, workflow, screens and other administrative activities
- Installed JIRA Behavior plugin, which simply defines how field behaves with the issue in the project
- Worked on Add on such as Tempo, Jira Capture, Jira Agile. Service desk, portfolio and QA symphony
- Worked on JIRA project configuration and customization using Issue Schemes, Workflow Schemes, Field Configuration Schemes, Screen Schemes, Permission Schemes, Notification Scheme
- Administrated and managed Atlassian tool Suites, (installation, deployment, configuration, migration, upgrade, patching, provisioning, server management etc.)
- Supported the Midstream IT portfolio Manager by working with Agile coaches from CA Agile
- Customized migrated JIRA projects as requested by users, including optimizing workflows, creating custom calculated fields to support reporting needs, and managing real world XRAY/JIRA reporting gadgets/widgets
- Configured Bamboo for continuous integration ny setting up automatic polling of repository for new code changes and automating builds based on it
- Integrated Fisheye with JIRA and Bamboo for the tracking of the issue and continuous integration
Environment: s: JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, Stash/Bit bucket, MYSQL, Artifactory, Portfolio, eazyBI, PostgfresSQL, Docker, Microsoft Office.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Interacted with client teams to understand client deployment requests.
- Coordinate with Development, Database Administration, QA, and IT Operations teams to ensure there are no resource conflicts.
- Worked closely with project management to discuss code/configuration release scope and how to confirm a successful release.
- Build, manage, and continuously improve the build infrastructure for global software development engineering teams including implementations of build Scripts, continuous integration infrastructure and deployment tools.
- Managing the code migration from TFS, CVS and star team Subversions repository.
- Implemented continuous integration using Jenkins.
- Created repositories according to the structure required with branches, tags and trunks.
- Attended sprint planning sessions and daily sprint stand-up-meetings.
- Configured applications servers (Apache Tomcat) to deploy the code.
- Used submodules in the GIT and educated users working with sub modules in GIT.
- Configured plugins for the integration tools to the version control tools.
- Worked with the developers to configure plugins through Eclipse to develop the code.
- Involved in migration of Bamboo server, Arti factory& GIT server.
- Responsible for writing Hooks and Triggers using Perl. Built Java applications using Maven.
- Administered Puppet Enterprise to provision multi-platform virtual configuration .
- Created custom puppet modules skeleton to use same structure across all puppet modules.
- Implemented Puppet hiera to separate data from puppet code.
- Involved in writing scripts to automate build and deploy process.
- Good in provisioning and deployment tools like Puppet.
- Developed unit and functional tests in Python and Ruby.
- Used configuration management tools Puppet.
- Developed and maintained Perl/Shell scripts for build and release tasks.
- Integrated Maven with Jenkins for the Builds as the continuous Integration process.
- Involved in Upgrade of Bamboo &Arti factory Server.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks.
- Manage and document all post deployment issues utilizing the post Deployments Issue Log.
Environment: s: Puppet, Apache Tomcat, GIT, Python, Ruby, Bamboo, Perl, Shell, Maven, Jenkins, JIRA.
Confidential, Plano, TX
- Installed SUSE Linux on Cisco Hardware for SAP HANA deployment.
- Experience with Linux installation, configuration management and patch administration as member of a production support team.
- Strong knowledge of Linux Kernel configuration, performance monitoring, and tuning.
- Good knowledge of LVM, which include creating PVs, VGs, LVs and file systems and trouble shooting.
- Configuration and maintenance of common applications such as NFS, DHCP, NTP, SSH, DNS, and SNMP.
- Strong knowledge of large-scale Linux deployment methodologies, kernel configuration, performance monitoring, and tuning.
- Experience with SAN/DATA Centre Migration and Consolidation implementations.
- Experienced in Strong Consolidation/Migration in an ENTERPRISE environment.
- Involved in complete Administration tasks on UNIX, Red Hat Linux and Solaris and documentation for the projects executed.
- Responsible for installation, configuration and administration of sun Solaris 9 and Red Hat enterprise Linux on X86 architecture,
- Installed required software patches and software.
- Used RPMs to install, update, verify, query and erase packages from Linux Servers.
- Configured Kick start server to Install Red Hat Linux on multiple machines.
- Experience using Kick start and modified Kick start based on server profiles and hardware specifications.
- Experienced Installing, Configuring and supporting VMware ESX 3.4 and 4 versions.
- Installed, monitored and supported Web and application Servers on AIX and Linux environments.
- Implementations and setup of local Linux disk backups using open Source applications.
- Consolidating multiple Linux Servers, into 2 physical virtual servers, using Servers.
- Installation and troubleshooting on VMware running Linux (Red Hat) and Windows (windows 7, XP, Vista).
- Worked with DBA for installation Oracle on Linux and Solaris.
- Worked on installations on Power path on all Linux boxes.
- Participate in installing and configuring UNIX/LINUX based Oracle 10g products.
Environment: s: VMware, Solaris, Kick start, SUSE Linux, LVM, Oracle 10g product, NFS, DHCP, NTP, SSH, DNS, SNMP.